This is one of Kilimanjaro’s easiest routes, and it has become an increasingly popular route in recent years. This route is located on the northern side of Mount Kilimanjaro with a variety of spectacular landscapes together with different plants and animals species. The typical duration for this trip is 6 days. However, you can also add an acclimatization day and make it 6 day climb. The Rongai Route is more scenic than the Marangu Route and easier than other camping route in climbing Kilimanjaro and the success rate on the Rongai Route is very high. Unlike the Marangu Route where you sleep in huts, on the Rongai Route you sleep in tents, the porter will have your tent pitched and waiting for you at the end of each days trek. This route starts on the north side of the mountain just south of the Kenyan border and is one of the least traveled routes. The route merges with the Marangu Route for the summit climb. The descend follows the Marangu Route
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Ages 5-100, max of 4 per group
Duration: 6 days
Start time: Check availability
German, English, Italian, French, Dutch, Spanish
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Mount Kilimanjaro
- Entry/Admission - Mount Kilimanjaro
- Entry/Admission - Mount Kilimanjaro
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- we pick up clients from your hotels
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 119736P7
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Mount Kilimanjaro Rongai Route 6 Days?
- Mount Kilimanjaro Rongai Route 6 Days price starts from $1,700.00. Discover and book Mount Kilimanjaro Rongai Route 6 Days on Tripadvisor
- What is the Mount Kilimanjaro Rongai Route 6 Days cancellation policy?
- Mount Kilimanjaro Rongai Route 6 Days cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Mount Kilimanjaro Rongai Route 6 Days on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Mount Kilimanjaro Rongai Route 6 Days?
- Mount Kilimanjaro Rongai Route 6 Days is hosted by Rupia Adventure. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Rupia Adventure on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Mount Kilimanjaro Rongai Route 6 Days on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 119736P7
Reserve your spot
Rongai Gate (1950m) – Simba Camp...
1st Caves Camp (2600m) –...
Kikelewa Cave (3600) – Mawenzi...
Mawenzi Tarn Camp (4330m) – Kibo...
Horombo Hut (3720m) – Marangu...
About the operator
Joined in February 2018
#110 of 2,247 Outdoor Activities in Arusha
- giulianomsantos00Amazing KilliIt was a privilege to be able to climb Kilimanjaro and take a spectacular tour in the Arusha region, visit the parks and be able to see with your own eyes such beauty. The Rupia Adventure team was amazing! Everything was very well prepared, the porters, the guides, the structure of the camps, the food, everything was impeccable. My sincere thanks to Mathias for leading such a special team.
- danielbJ9066BC00Unforgettable experienceUnforgettable experience! Matt and Gideon and the team took real good care of us on the mountain. We were unlucky with the weather, but happily enough the great atmosphere made up for it. We had the best chef on the mountain; the food was fantastic and the whole team was extremely friendly and supportive. Fast and clear communication. Recommended experience.
- 832happynessm00Safari Of LifetimeAfter done all our treks we took five days standard safari to Lake manyara, serengeti, Ngorongoro crater and Tarangire national parks, this was unforgettable, we had two people from Rupia Adventure Erasto the guide who speaks excellent french language, our cook was David we gave nickname stomach engineer David made us sweet food we never expected in our life, we made jealous for other clients of other companies because of oyr daily meals, we can vote David number one cook in the world, Erasto was funny he know well the parks for 16 years, we saw all big5 animals very closer, the camps was good, the jeep was comfortable have charger system and safari fridge to make sure our drinks cold and refreshing, we highly recommend Rupia Adventure again
- 832happynessm00Unbelievable TrekWe highly recommend Rupia Adventure for anyone who interesting to climb Mt kilimanjaro, we booked through this company from our friends recommendations who climbed two years ago, thw whole team were so amazing, our guides Emanuel and Laurent were professional enough, our cook Samuel made us African delicious meals, the company have great cramping equipments and comfortable, we arevso luckyvwe used new vango tents, also they provide extra oxygen cylinder, total this company they make sure we safe on mountain, the porters were smiling everytime and sang to us while we reach at the camp, summit time was bit challenge because we started at 1:00am but we reached at the top safe, we saw sunrise close to the top, everything were well arranged, we thanks Matt from the office team for incredible trek, was unforgettable memories. Thank you all Rupia Adventure team
- Its_not_difficult00Great safari!An excellent safari experience: our guide, Maliaki, was superb. He was a great host, incredibly knowledgeable about the environment, dealt with a rather difficult fellow traveller with great skill and diplomacy and maintained a steady pace to the trip.
- 832happynessm00Acclimatazions High PeakWe booked this trek with Matt from Rupia Adventure and recommend us to start with Mt meru before kilimanjaro, the team were so good and charming, our guide Gideon was good, we had great acclimatazions, the food was delicious and energy, summit day was real experiance, we highly recommend Rupia Adventure and guide Gideon
- 127Fred00A day tripThe one-day safari was as it said on the tin. The guide knew his trade (he went to university for learning that specialty), and there was little or nothing amiss. This resulted in a great day, seeing what was to be seen.
- 520norar00Highly recommendI highly recommend Rupia! My sister and I went on a 3 day safari and had an amazing experience. The communication with Matt throughout the planning process helped me to feel confident and at ease. Our guide was helpful, informative and hospitable. I am so grateful we landed on Rupia for our Safari experience!
- marialejandra_hi00Cancelled tour, asked for wired money or cashWe booked this tour 6 months in advance. It was automatically cancelled once because the operator did not confirm. When we reached out they said we should wire them money instead of using TripAdvisor so that they don't have to pay fees. We were not comfortable with this and stated that booking through TripAdvisor is what gives us security as the customer and they agreed to have us re-book. One week before our tour we receive a message that they have money issues and will only do the tour for us if we pay them in cash. This was beyond unprofessional. Please save yourself any headache and inconvenience and find another tour operator. Rupia, if you do not want to honor bookings on TripAdvisor and want to avoid their fees then you should remove your listings.
- MikeJennyQ00You don't know a travel destination until you spend time with it's nature and peopleVisiting the local culture is a must on any trip. This one is by far one of the most remarkable. Understand the integration of cattle and farming with the long standing traditions. It is a step back in time. People are warm and welcoming and the experience is worth it
- F443QRleons00Great experienceWe had an amazing day trip. We saw monkeys, giraffes, buffalos, flamingos, zebras. The landrover and our guide were great.
- willsG2294ND00Incredible Safari!I was traveling solo through Africa and tried to find options to see a range of the noteworthy parks of northeast Tanzania. Rupia offered a perfect package for this. Especially finding something as an individual at a reasonable price was difficult as many companies book private safari. Matt planned everything including lodging and airport transfers. Even helped me store some extra luggage I had before setting out. He grouped me with other travelers which was great to meet others as we set out on the three day safari. Our guide Andrew was incredible and found us all the wildlife as we went through the three parks. He knew every answer to questions and knew the parks like the back of his hand. We had amazing run ins with elephant and lion very close. Will never forget it
- FarAway2132686269500Fantastic day trip in the jungleWe had an amazing day trip safari, perfect before our climb for Kili. We saw giraffes, buffalos, flamingos, aebras and many more. The 4x4 and our guide were great. Highly recommend it!
- vt53300Got Us ThereWe used this service twice in Tanzania. Booked long before the trip. Flight got moved back to nearly midnight. Communicated this and they were still waiting outside the airport after our arrival. It was a dark ride through Tanzania, as there are little to no street lights. It was a bit odd that we had to stop for gas but we didn't make it to our destination safely! The second trip was to the airport. It seems the original time they gave was a bit too close to departure time so they showed up early and communicated that they were there. Went well! Would use and recommend again.
- gideonn82300Graduation SafariAfter done mount Meru trek, we choose three days safari to lake manyara, ngorongoro and tarangire, we saw many animals, our driver guide Mamdal was professional, he know well the parks, flora and fauna, thanks again Rupia Adventure for unforgettable experience
Buy it with
Mount Kilimanjaro Rongai Route 6 Days provided by Rupia Adventure
Product Overview: Mount Kilimanjaro Rongai Route 6 Days
Number of Photos