Climbs in 5 Days on Mount Kilimanjaro Tour is best archived via Marangu Route. In this 5-days Marangu Route you will sleep in huts as major accommodation stay during your all climbing duration on the way to the summit. Climbs in 5 Days Kilimanjaro with indigenous people to share their experience with you will make your time unforgettable. 5-Days Kilimanjaro Climb is a best climbing itinerary since you will spend few days to get on its summit, hence experience little altitude sickness which ensure your summit success rate
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 5 days
Start time: Check availability
German, Chinese, Russian, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
- 2 Nights’ shared, budget 2 star accommodation at the Peace Hotel in arusha on bed and breakfast basis (lunch and dinner can be arranged on request and at additional cost)
- Hotel accommodation includes storage facilities for excess luggage during hikes
- Return transfers between the hotel to the start / finish point of a climb
- All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping / hut fees and climbing permits.
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
- Chief guide carries a Pulse Oximeter, used to take blood-oxygen level readings of clients twice a day
- Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
- Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
- Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
- Salaries for mountain support crew, as per required KINAPA minimum payments
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
- Water for washing up daily
- Porter to carry your duffel bag, with maximum weight of 15kg / 32 lbs, from one camp to the next camp
- Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Arusha
- Flights and airport taxes
- Items of a personal nature
- Optional shared tourist shuttle airport transfers between Kilimanjaro International Airport and Moshi town
- Hotel accommodation with the Standard Package does not include dinner, but could be arranged at an additional cost
- Health requirements (Yellow Fever – only compulsory if you travel to Tanzania via a Yellow Fever infected country, Meningitis & Hepatitis A remains optional, but comes recommended)
- Optional but highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
- Personal hiking/trekking gear – you could rent some of the gear in Tanzania
- Optional, but highly recommended Portable toilet (Portable toilet not allowed on the Marangu route)
- Snacks, personal medicine and water purifying tablets
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up all travellers at the hotel or any starting point
- Arusha, Tanzania We pick up all travellers at the hotel or any starting point
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 113425P3
- Wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 113425P3
Reserve your spot
Arusha - mandara Hut
Mandara huts - Horombo huts
Horombo huts - Kibo huts
Kibo huts - summit- Horombo Huts
Horombo huts - Marangu gate -...
About the operator
Unique Jungle Tours - Day Tours
Joined in March 2015
#1,370 of 2,554 Tours & Activities in Arusha
- Martnezubrna00Awesome 5 Day SafariI contacted Unique Jungle Tours based on their reviews on Trip Advisor and received timely and great service from Ally. He gave us some great recommendations and made sure that all our requests and needs were met. There is honestly nothing bad I could say about this company. They were very invested in our trip and made sure that we had an experience of a lifetime. Our driver Dan was the best and became a great friend. He made sure that we experienced everything that the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater had to offer. I highly recommend using Unique Jungle Tours and make sure to request Dan as your driver.
- foyboy7800The office personnel @ Unique Jungle will take advantage of you!Let me first stop off by saying that the climbing team (Guide, cook, waiter, and 6 porters) was incredible. They were hard-working, fun, and were always positive. I travel all over the world alone...lastly to Everest Base Camp and never had these types of issues. I'm leaving a one star review because of the Emmanuel in the office. At my hotel room the night before the climb, we went through what I had packed (even though he never sent a packing list beforehand). He stated that I couldn't wear the shoes that I brought and would need to rent shoes and a mattress to put under my sleeping bag for an additional $65. I gave him $70 and never got change back. He said he would be bringing the mattress. The next day we went to a small shop and searched the pre-worn boots (about 8 pairs) and left with one pair that fit. The first red flag was that we didn't pay for them. We just left with the boots. A few hours later when we arrived at the park, another red flag went up. The office didn't send enough porters to carry the weight of all the bags, tents, kitchen stuff, etc. so when we got to the Kilimanjaro National Park gates, the park made us hire 2 additional porters to carry everything. The Unique Jungle office should have weighed the bags before they picked me up. Additionally, Emmanuel said that he didn't have any way to pay for the additional porters so he asked if he could borrow the $100 USD it would take to hire the 2 additional porters to get us into the park and start the climb. The agreement was that he would repay me once we returned to Arusha. Once the climb was over and we returned to Arusha, he stated that the money I paid hadn't been received into the Unique Jungle account so he couldn't pay me back yet (this isn't my fault ...I paid and yet here I am...out $100 USD). Once in the park, he asked me for a tip for the driver, which seemed odd. I've never tipped a driver in all my travels...its always been included. We finished the climb earlier than expected so there was an additional day to spend in the area. I had asked my guide about a safari and Emmanuel came to my hotel that night with the costs. A boxed lunch was going to be $50! Even lunch in the USA isn't that much! Needless to say, I declined his entire offer and found my own way. I would love to hire the climbing crew again if I return. They were great. However, I will not work with Unique Jungle again because of Emmanuel. He is a thief, liar, and lacks any knowledge of true customer service in the travel industry. People are traveling to a new country where many don't speak the native language and because of this there's a certain vulnerability. Emmanuel will take advantage of this situation and of you. Its been a month since my trip, I've asked numerous times and have yet to receive my $105 refund from Unique Jungle.
- KonkyMasta00The perfect mixture of adventure and feeling at homeWe booked with Rama based on a recommendation by a friend and what Rama provided us with by far exceeded my expectations. Day one, Rama went the extra mile to make sure we had everything we needed. Seeing we were hungry, he drove us to a really nice restaurant and ordered us the best dishes. During our stop overs between the kilimandjaro and our safari, he showed us around arusha and we learned a lot from him and his team on the local culture. He and his team are both open, curious and they have a great sense of humor, definitely trained my abs laughing. This is probably the reason I liked this trip so much. Rather than buzzing through the general tourist hot spots, we dived straight into the local scene. Fun fact: Rama took us to a club called coco rico, totally lit, one of the best nights out. A friend of mine from Europe who lives in Arusha hadn’t heard of it and now goes there every week with her local friends. In short Rama knows the Hotspots. The guides Rama works with were great! If you have the chance, ask Rama for the Konki Master , he does the best Safaris. It’s hard to sum up all the little details that make unique jungle tours trips the great experience they are. All I can say is thanks rama, I miss you guys and hope be back soon ;) Highly recommended!
- Jake V00Two unforgettable weeks in TanzaniaThank you for everything, Rama. We had a wonderful and unforgettable time in Tanzania. It's been a real blast! We were a group of five spending 14 days in Tanzania, 7 of which on a trek up Mt. Kilimanjaro to Uhuru Peak (via Lemosho route) and another 6 on Safari (Tarangire, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Manyara). The entire trip was perfectly planned and executed by Rama and all the guides accompanying us during the trek and the Safari. The hike was breathtaking in every sense. Not only did every one of us make it to Uhuru peak, but, thanks to our guides, we also got there right at sunrise, providing us with an unearthly view of the sun breaking through the clouds beneath us. I will never forget this moment. The icing on the cake was the party we had with Rama, the guides and some of the porters after summiting. We all met at a club in Arusha and stayed out all night. The Safari was very cool as well. Joachim, our driver and guide, was extremely savvy and knew exactly where the cool stuff was happening. On top of that, we were also pretty lucky I guess. We saw the Big 5 in only 2 days, a leopard walking right past our car, two cheetahs hunting right before us, a lioness teaching her cubs how to catch a warthog and the Great Migration in its full glory. And so much more! Thank you, Leonard, Ray and Edison for getting us safe and sound up Mt. Kilimanjaro and back down again. Polé Polé! Thank you, Joachim, a.k.a. The Konky Master, for being the konkiest man alive, and for driving us around safely. Stay konky! Thank you, Rama (the cook) and Stephano for always providing us with delicious and warm food. Having burgers at 4600m altitude was probably the best thing I had in my entire life. Thank you to all the porters for helping us reach the summit by carrying our backpacks. Without you we could not have achieved this. Thank you, Rama for making all of this possible. We enjoyed every second of our trip through Tanzania. I will recommend your company to anyone interested in visiting your country. Ansante sana!
- Scenic389828002 days / 1 nightReally wonderful safari. Rama and his team looked after me and made me feel completely at home. My driver Edward was great, always on time and made sure I knew when and where he was going to pick me up. Really friendly wonderful people. The safari was incredible, Mike the guide was incredible at spotting the animals and took great pride and passion in his job. I would highly recommend them to anyone thinking of going on a safari!
- Lisa H00Fantastic Experience on Mount KilimanjaroI and husband booked our trip to Mount Kilimanjaro trekking 6 days Machame route February 2018 with unique jungle tours. On the arrival day we met the team and took us to the hotel in Arusha. There we had a little talk on general overview during trekking. Next day we started our trip to Machame gate with the total of 11 crews and commence trek. We reach the summit on mid night of 5 day. The crews organize our tour perfect together with guides Leonard; He took such good care of us every day and encourages ensuring we reach the summit. Really we enjoyed much after reached the peak. If you have to book for Kilimanjaro trekking unique jungle is the best of all expectation Lily and Martinez.
- Magreth E00Wonderful TourWe really enjoyed the tour!! The location of the park is accessible to public transportation and the people were very helpful during our trip. Ngorongoro and Manyara national park was amazing. Also, the view was breathtaking. If you're still planning for your weekend getaway then this place will really exceed your expectations! During Holiday's is the best place to visit.
- Banhwagon00Mixed Review for Unique Jungle ToursThree of us used the services of Unique Jungle Tours for our 18 days of travel in Tanzania including hiking Mount Kilimanjaro, doing safaris, hiking Ol Doinyo Lengai, and visiting Zanzibar. Before arriving in Tanzania, we corresponded via email with Rama from Unique Jungle Tours. He was informative, answered our questions, and his written English was decent. He was accommodating and flexible, allowing us to customize our tour. We even decided to add a visit to Lake Natron and a hike up the volcano of Ol Doinyo Lengai. Pricing seemed reasonable as it wasn't the cheapest or most expensive but rather in the middle. We each paid an extra ~$500 USD for Lake Natron and the volcano hike (more about that later). Rama actually encouraged us to pay our deposit via wire transfer and the remaining balance in cash upon arrival as to avoid us having to pay any surcharges, which was appreciated. For the 7-day Kilimanjaro hike, the three of us had a team of 13 people that included guides, porters, cook, and waiter. Leonard was our main guide and Frankie was the assistant guide. This team helped the three of us get to the top of Kilimanjaro - we definitely couldn't have done it without them! The food was good, considering everything had to be carried up for our entire stay. Equipment that was provided (e.g., tents, dining table, and chairs) was reasonable. Raymond was our main safari guide. Raymond had a keen set of eyes and could find animals for us quite easily! On several occasions, Raymond found us animal sightings before other guides (e.g., spotting a mother leopard in a tree with two cubs eating a gazelle) thereby giving us more alone time with the animals before other people on safari showed up. Raymond was informative (about the animals, local culture, and region), patient (encouraging us to take lots of photos and videos of the animals while he waited), friendly, and safely drove us around. We would definitely recommend Raymond as a guide on any safari! Also, we were in a standard jeep (similar to most other companies) which was relatively clean and in good working order. The jeep certainly provide plenty of space for the three of us. After the safari, we were supposed to visit Lake Natron and then hike up the Ol Doinyo Lengai volcano. We stayed at a tented lodge near Lake Natron (about a 30 minute walk away) and did the volcano hike; however, we were not taken to Lake Natron. When we confronted Rama about this itinerary item being removed and us having each paid $500 - of which some of the money should have been earmarked for Lake Natron - Rama didn't seem to care. Rama provided dubious excuses via email after we returned home. Upon arriving in Zanzibar, Adam, our guide, informed us that Rama had not provided enough money to cover the costs for our hotels, transportation, snorkeling, and day tours. Adam was demanding that we each pay him an extra $150 USD per person to cover these costs. When we told Adam that we wouldn't do the snorkeling, he reduced his demand to $100 per person. $50 per person for snorkeling is definitely extortion! It would have cost less than $50 for the three of us to snorkel outside of Stone Town. When we then told him that we just wanted to cover the cost of the hotels and transportation, we settled on $70 per person - still considered unreasonable! To this day, we don't know if Rama short changed Adam or Adam just extorted the extra money from us but I imagine it's like a combination of both. We were told via email prior to arriving in Tanzania and twice while in Tanzania that all our meals (except for the very first meal when we arrived) were included in the price we paid for the tour (including bottled water but not any other drinks). As it turned out, only the meals on Kilimanjaro, safari, and breakfasts were included - we were expected to pay for the rest of the meals. We would have been completely fine with paying for our own meals had we been informed in advance but that was not the case. In the end, we thoroughly enjoyed our experience and time in Tanzania; however, the deliberate removal of our visit to Lake Natron from our itinerary, extortion in Zanzibar, and misleading information about the meals from Unique Jungle Tours gives us a slight negative feeling towards the company. We would recommend using Unique Jungle Tours if you're looking for good service but are prepared to pay more than expected. But if you're looking to stick to a specific budget and itinerary, then Unique Jungle Tours may not be for you.
- Anna B00great Safari in Tanzania and Kenya !!Many Thanks on all Team ( espetially for Raymond and Rama ) It was one of my best travels. I was one week on Safari in Tanzania and Kenya (Lake Manyara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Moshi and Tsavo park) perfect organized and stressless !! I saw more interessting places and animals as I ever expected, great service !
- Frank M006 days in Serengeti, great experience!!It was the first time in Africa for us (Frank, Sonina and our two children - Emil and Alis) and Unique Jungle Tours was recommended by a friend to us, we booked a 6 day trip and the team we met did everything we expected to. We were with many people who were serving us from the airport on arrival to departure day and all were friendly with the welcoming faces but Rama (one of the owners) topped all people