This 2 days safari to lake Eyasi is ideal for cultural tour lovers and after doing your wildlife tours. This tour gives you the chance to interact with the hadza community for hunting and cultural exchange. These are hunters and gatherers for honey and insect in the bush. Lake Eyasi is a seasonal shallow endorheic salt lake on the floor of the Great Rift Valley at the base of the Serengeti Plateau, just south of the Serengeti National Park and immediately southwest of the Ngorongoro Crater in the Crater Highlands of Tanzania. The lake is elongated, orientated southwest to northeast, and lies in the Eyasi-Wembere branch of the Great Rift Valley. During the dry season the lake may dry up almost entirely, especially in drier years, so that Datooga herders and Hadza foragers will cross the lake on foot, but in El Niño years it may flood its banks and attract hippopotamus from the Serengeti. It is a seasonal stop for migrating flamingos.
Duration: 2 days
Start time: Check availability
German, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Overnight accommodation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Lake Eyasi
- Entry/Admission - Lake Eyasi
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Homes and apartments
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
- Arusha Airport, Arusha Tanzania
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 44482P34
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- No Dress code
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- How much is 2 Days Lake Eyasi Cultural Tour From Arusha?
- 2 Days Lake Eyasi Cultural Tour From Arusha price starts from $980.00. Discover and book 2 Days Lake Eyasi Cultural Tour From Arusha on Tripadvisor
- What is the 2 Days Lake Eyasi Cultural Tour From Arusha cancellation policy?
- 2 Days Lake Eyasi Cultural Tour From Arusha cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 2 Days Lake Eyasi Cultural Tour From Arusha on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 2 Days Lake Eyasi Cultural Tour From Arusha?
- 2 Days Lake Eyasi Cultural Tour From Arusha is hosted by kenya bush expeditions tours and travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact kenya bush expeditions tours and travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 2 Days Lake Eyasi Cultural Tour From Arusha on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 44482P34
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor.Explore other options
Arusha to Lake Eyasi
lake Eyasi to Arusha town
About the operator
kenya bush expeditions tours and travel
Joined in October 2016
#898 of 2,576 Tours & Activities in Arusha
- R7725YWbarbarah00A piece of heaven...Clean, friendly, to die for view, amazing food, beautiful swimming pool and a very accomodating staff. Will definitely be back...
- zlatavidimira00Spectacular parks!!!We waited to do this tour for a long time. So when the time arrived, i and my partner were equally excited. Driver James did not disappoint! He created a good rapport with every member of the group. Serengeti national park was the most exciting, here we were able to see the lions, cheetah, Buffalo's, Elephants and many more. The camping was also a new experience and worthy it to experience the life in the jungle. Ngoro ngoro crater was also amazing, with the breathtaking views from the rim of the crater. This is a tour we can do again if fate allows!
- kayhong8000Terrible guide!Please note that Kenya Bush Expeditions operates as a contractor where they subcontract out services such as the cook, guide, etc. So our group was a mix of folks who booked through other agencies as well. This can be an issue as there’s no real accountability for quality of service. In our case, our guide was terrible- English skills were poor (couldn’t explain anything to us other than point out animals and their names), was lazy- did not even come to our group to highlight our schedule/itinerary day by day or even say good morning, or help us with bags, and was extremely dismissive when we wanted to stop to take pictures of animals. I let Kenya Bush know this was the case, but I’m not sure anything much will be done to remedy this. I would highly suggest using Nyange Adventures who operates very professionally and I noticed also had slightly nicer 4x4s. We used Nyange in booking our Mt Meru hike and they were awesome.
- chubb198900Great half day safari at Arusha National ParkWe had a great morning on safari. We were picked up promptly from our hotel in Moshi after a climb up Kili the week before and driven to Arusha National Park by Benson. We only had a morning to spare before our flight home in the afternoon. Safari was great, we saw giraffes, zebras, baboons, blue monkeys, elephants, buffalo and much more. Was a fantastic way to top off our time in Tanzania and we were driven straight to the airport in time for our flight. Safari driver very knowledgeable about all the wildlife and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone!
- funbee00Unforgettable trip!Amazing safari experience with great knowledgeable and friendly guides, Masulya and Martin, who made sure we got to meet every expected animal and answered all our questions (even the stupid ones!). We got to see the big 5s (except the rhinoceros): lions (even a few gazelle chases and kill); elephants, giraffes, a leopard with its young, zebras, ostriches, hippos, buffalos, all types of gazelles, gnous, etc. To make it a five star rating, some information about the type of accommodation to expect would have been useful. Sleeping in an unsupervised tent surrounded by wild animals was an interesting and unforgettable experience (although scary at first) but the amenities of each camp site (except the first night in the lodge) were dirty. Apart from that we enjoyed every minute of our safari. Thank you to Masulya and Martin for an unforgettable safari!
- xiaolim201700A trip worth goingWe booked this tour but somehow got assigned to an operator different than Kenya Bush. It was another local company and we joined another 4-people group who booked with that company originally. But all was fine. We got what we were promised. We got picked up from our hotel but arrived late to join the group (there was some miscommunication there). Our final itinerary was revised a little, basically skipping the Lake Maniama and stayed in Serengeti for one more day. It was based on the driver’s recommendation that Serengeti is better for seeing animals. So we went with the group. We saw almost everything, except for Rhinos. We spotted over forty lions, six chitchat and two leopards, countless elephants, giraffes and hippos, zebras, wildebeests. You name it. The driver was exceptionally knowledgeable. We truly had a great time and we became friends with the Argentine family we toured with!
- karll408100Nature lovers haven!!i booked this tour after much online search. john was quick to respond and arranged my pick up from my arusha hotel swiftly; of course with a briefing the night before. Its such an amazing tour with camping so close to animals. We saw many animals and our guide had vast knowledge of where to get our animals thirsty heads! I would rather book this tour again. Really enjoyed meeting new friends!
- stevenwiliam00Perfect for camping and adventureThis camping tour gives real adventure in the national parks. its less luxury tour with alot to see and learn. our tour started with pick up from our hotel, briefed and joined others in the jeep. Total 6 in the jeep. We were able to see many animals and the guide had great courage to look them for us. Serengeti national park was everything as we saw almost every animal here. The biggest herd of buffalo was in Ngoro Ngoro. perfect tour to confidently book.
- artyomdiak00Amazing wildlife tour with Bush safarisFinished my tour a week ago and the experience is amazing!The tour is perfect for travelers on budget and want to experience real African adventure. Its fun for camping and gives you tent making experience. The animals are many in all the parks visited. The descend and ascend to the Ngoro Ngoro crater is thrilling, but an experience you would want to repeat. Serengeti national park is vast and a must visit park.
- ivikafranjo00Excellent tours!!!The tour was exciting and the group accommodating. I was picked from my moshi hotel on time and headed to lake manyara. There a lot of Animals to see . large elephants grazed near our jeep and hunting happened just in front of us. if you have good camera, you can have great memories to remember from Africa when you book this tour. i recommend this tour highly,, its what should be safari experience!
- betoudjiafred00Unbealevable nature experience!!The camping tour started well from my Arusha hotel. Lake manyara, ngoro ngoro crater and serengeti national park is wonderful place to visit, with flora and fauna scattered all over. The rough road is tough but equally enjoyable for that native African safari. Guide joe, knows the places well and full of of jokes!! Though a bit cold in the early mornings, the views of the sunrise from the camp site is amazing. Elephants grazed near our camp. Something i can repeat in future.
- kihikomasa700Expectations exceeded!!!I joined a group from Arusha to Manyara, Serengeti and NgoroNgoro crater. Its a perfect decision, being a solo traveler and joining the friendly group. The travel and wildlife is what i was looking for having seen safaris and animals on geographic channels. Its an experience i was waiting for . Guide was friendly and informative, sometimes sharing a little bit, about the history of the country. We saw almost everything; lions, many of them, leopards, cheetah, though from a distance, big families of elephants, The amazing buffaloes. it was fun, going down the crater, the caldera lake and the picnic site. If i have to right everything, no End! I can only say thank you to the team that put the safari for us, Kudos!! High recommended tour and company.
- raquelluiz00perfect tours with kenya Bush expeditionsI booked a tour to Serengeti and Ngoro ngoro crater with kenya bush. The price was relatively oaky given i was a solo traveller joining a group. We were 6 in total and realy enjoyed the companyof the others. The guide and the camping team were friendly, a good selling point given many people are usually afraid in foreign countries. The serengeti eco system is perfect for nature lovers like me. It was my second time in africa and the tour was just amazing. Several of my friends are currently preparing for tour and will diffently recomend this tour
- Backland T00Incredible safarisWe're sorry that we can only give this travel agency 5 stars -- we'd have preferred 10 stars or more! What an awesome trip! It helps that Tanzania is probably the most beautiful place on the planet, but more importantly, our travel agency arranged our access to the country’s wonders so seamlessly.
Buy it with
2 Days Lake Eyasi Cultural Tour From Arusha provided by kenya bush expeditions tours and travel
Product Overview: 2 Days Lake Eyasi Cultural Tour From Arusha
Number of Photos