Leave for Kandy in the morning, On route we stop at a Pineapple garden. After we proceed to Royal botanical garden in Peradeniya. There after visit tea factory and proceed to Kandy. The name Kandy is derived from the Sinhalese. In Sinhala, Kandy is called Maha Nuvara, meaning “Great City” or “Capital”, although this is most often shortened to Nuvara. We will visit a spice and herbal garden, the Botanical garden, make a visit to the Kandy Temple Dalada Maligawa Temple of the Tooth , we visit the gem museum, see a batik factory, silk factory and on the way back we will visit a Geragama tea factory.
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking driver guide
- Entrance Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Royal Botanical Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Negombo, Sri Lanka
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 126295P2
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 126295P2
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor.Explore other options
- You'll start atNegomboOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Royal Botanical GardensStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Temple of the Sacred Tooth RelicStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 3Kandy Market HallStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 4Kandy View PointStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5Geragama Tea FactoryStop: 30 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Sri Lankan Tour Guide
Negombo, Sri Lanka
Joined in July 2017
#65 of 758 Tours & Activities in Negombo
- Giorgia191600Amazing trip all over Sri LankaSarath is a really nice person, with a lot of experience in driving and guiding tourists all over Sri Lanka. We had a really amazing time in Sri Lanka, we enjoyed every day. I really suggest you this travel and tour agency!
- Prashan9500Best tour guide in Sri LankaWe spent 2 wonderful weeks in Sri Lanka with Sarath's expert guidance. He is a very expert and experienced person who was able to suggest places, restaurants and hotels we needed. I suggest anyone to rely on Sarath, sure you will not regret it.
- William A00Exceptional Sri Lanka Local GuidesWe have traveled extensively and we typically hire a local guide for a private trip rather than join a group tour. Our experience with Sarath and Jaya was fantastic in all respects. Over many emails, Sarath was able to create a tailored trip to meet our desires with several helpful suggestions. He was always available to help in an expedited fashion with even tangential things that went awry. His fees were very reasonable. Jaya was our driver/guide - worth every penny. He was extremely conscientious and made an incredible effort to enhance our trip in any way possible. He was a careful driver under often difficult conditions and long distances. His fund of knowledge be it history, flora, fauna, religion was extremely broad. He was a kind and thoughtful gentleman. We have absolutely nothing negative to say about our experience and highly recommend using their services.
- travelbugjerry00700Highly recommendedMr Sarath arranged our whole trip, gave suggestions on hotels and things to do and extended great support during our one week holiday in Srilanka. He is pleasant, extremely professional and dependable. Highly recommended. Please call him while you start planning the trip. +94718339938.
- 24manishaninan00Excellent serviceWe used the service for a 10 day trip in Sri Lanka. We have customised our own trip and Jaya was our trusted guide for the entirety of our journey. He was very safe, always empathetic to our needs and always on time. We were met at the airport by Sarath who welcomed us and helped us getting started. They were very responsive and helpful prior to reaching Colombo. Jaya us very knowledgeable and would research things to do and things we may have spotted so that we always have a good time and are well informed. Jaya was very patient and always enthusiastic to take us places. The car was always kept clean and he was a careful driver especially when we drove through bad weather and at night. We really enjoyed our trip in Sri Lanka and would definitely use this service if we return to the country again. Highly recommended!
- _J7994SU00Great Sri Lanka vacation 🙂We had great time on our short 7 days in Sri Lanka with program, recomend it from Sarath and learnt a lot for the country, culture and religious from him. Very profesional and kind, we really enjoy his company, time and places we visited on the way. Highly recomend it 🙂🙂🙂
- Noah H00Unbelievable guide and experienceMy wife and I just completed an 8 day tour of Sri Lanka with this company. Our guide was Jaya and his skills, dedication, kindness, and knowledge can not be beat. Every morning Jaya greeted us with a freshly cleaned car, bottle of water, great itinerary, and a warm smile. Each day he did something more special than the previous one. Some examples, while he was driving he spotted a big monitor lizard and pulled over to show it to us, other times we'd drive by an unusual tree and he would hand us a nature book that described the tree or flower. He drove us along all sorts of back roads, stopping whenever we wanted to take a photo, which was frequently. His knowledge of local history, culture and religions was extremely deep and he did a beautiful job explaining things to us and answering all our questions. It was a real treat to have him explain to us the ceremonies that were occuring in the various temples we visited. Jaya also made sure we experienced some of the unusual local fruits. He pulled over to a roadside fruit stand each day to introduce us to a new type of banana (we had 4 of the 10 varieties available), freshly sliced mango, and we would stop regularly so I could enjoy the water from a king coconut. What was especially nice about this company is Sarath the owner helped us plan our itinerary and Jaya was totally flexible each day if we wanted to tweak things a bit. Unlike other companies that seem to offer the same cookie cutter itinerary, we were able to choose exactly what we wanted to do, how long we wanted to spend at a certain site, etc Sri Lanka is an incredibly beautiful country, from it's beaches, to the hill country, to it's cities like Kandy. You will really like it here and the people are incredibly kind and friendly. In short, you will love touring with this company and Sri Lanka. And lastly, Jaya thank you for a trip of a lifetime and for all you did for us. Oh one more thing, be sure to see the elephants in the late afternoon at Udawalawee National Park. It's truly amazing to see them in the wild.
- M1540OTdanielc00A kind and professional tour guide - our fourth man in the groupAs a group of three Danish guys looking to vacate in Sri Lanka, Sarath was the perfect fourth man to the group. He helped, drove and guided us through our 13 days in Hikkaduwa, Mirissa, Imbulpe, Bentote and Colombo. Sarath was very kind, laid back and flexible and set up our tour all the way - from buying SIM-cards at arrival to traintickets for our beautiful trainride through the countryside. Sarath was a good and safe driver who met all of our needs. We could not have asked for a better guide for our lovely vacation. We can only recommend him for any travellers going to Sri Lanka 🌴
- Sightsee57770300A personal tailored tour for a successful holiday in Sri Lanka!Thanks to Sarath and his organisation our discovery of centre-south of Sri Lanka was marvelous! We felt awaited for and welcome since we started to organize our trip with Sarath. He answered immediately to our request, proposed a tour program perfectly tailored to respond to our wishes and gave us hotel options that totally satisfied our desires. We were taken in charge and accompanied with care and the greatest respect all over the 9 days vacation, since we landed in Colombo, until we returned to the airport. Sarath prooved the highest professionalism and flexibility to cope with our timings, wishing a holiday experience and not just a quick visit of touristic sites. So, on the go, we modified thanks to his recommandations some details of the program and even the last hotel accommodation. Sarath was always there to find the best solution and make us happy :) On the top of his tour leading and safe driving, Sarath is also an experienced and skilled touristic guide that shared with us knowledge of Sri Lanka history, religion and culture while he personally accompanied us to the principal sites of interest. I recommend Sarath and SriLankan Tour Guide for a successful trip to this wonderful country!
- Resort0468181727700Wonderful experienceThanks to Sarat we had an amazing experience in Sri Lanka! We had a 10 days tour with him from Sigiriya to Tangale passing by Kandy, Ella, Nuwaraelya, Yala. not only he is a very good driver but also a guide and he explain us everything about the country history, economic, religion and so on… I highly recommend him !!!!
- Scalaenne00One week through Sri Lanka - Unforgettable!It was a fantastic experience: one week through beautiful Sri Lanka, with an experienced guide, driver and friend, all in one person!. He is a real gentleman, and lets you fee like if you were a Lord with a butler at your private service. We've got a lot of hints and suggestions that made our vacation unforgettable. We even took a train to get the excitement of a railway tour, and Sarath drove us to the starting station and then waited for us at the destination: what a luxury!
- 545kashh00Amazing guideAmazing service and bery knowledgeable guide. Seen many interesting places and learned new things. Every day was amazing. Definitely recommending
- LisaTeavels00An unforgettable journey through Sarath our driver and tour guide!Me and my bestfriend visited Sri Lanka for 2 weeks. It was our first long distance journey. Sarath was our tour guide and driver. He picked us up at the airport and we already had a good feeling about him, because he was really friendly. We traveled in his Van from one city/ village to another and his driving skills are excellent. For us the Sri Lankan people are crazy drivers but we always fell asleep in the car. Before traveling we already planned a little what we would do everyday, but Sarath added some surprises. We told him that we’d like to do whale watching, but it wasn’t on our route. Two days before our last place to be he surprised us with an Idea how we could do whale watching. So he picked us up at 04:30 in the morning to drive 2 hourse to the harbor for whale watching and it was an unforgettable experience! We are really thankful for that. He is really organized and thoughtful. He wasn’t obtrusive and let us discover things on our own. We were surprised about his knowledge, you can ask him anything and he always has an answer!
- elisabethlO5816PS00Perfect Tour Guide/DriverSarath welcomed us warmly at the airport. There he immediately organized a Sim card for us. In his cozy van we drove through Sri Lanka, from one place to the next. Sararth was very caring, helpful and always in a good mood at all times of the day and night. He arranged everything perfectly for us in the background. So we were able to concentrate completely on the journey through Sri Lanka. He knows people everywhere which was great,because you learned more of the real Sri Lanka. Also all questions around the island, culture etc were always answered with charm. He responded to our needs and ideas. With Sarath at your side, you always had a safe feeling. Thank you for everything, it was a wonderful trip with you!!!
- bten9100Brilliant 2 Week Tour of Sri LankaWe visited Sri Lanka for two weeks to celebrate our honeymoon, organising our holiday and tour guide with Sarath. From the beginning, Sarath was friendly, communicative, and helped us put together an itinerary. As Sarah was unavailable to take us around the island himself, he organised for one of his colleagues, Jaya, to be our guide. We were extremely impressed with the service provided by Jaya throughout our trip. Jaya has an intimate knowledge of the country, providing clear and detailed explanations of historical sites, alongside an excellent understanding of the country’s fauna, flora and geography. Whilst driving, he would regularly point out things of interest which would be easily missed. The car was always clean and he spoke excellent English. Overall, we always felt in safe hands, and know that our time in Sri Lanka was greatly enhanced by his presence. We thoroughly recommend contacting Sarath to organise your trip, and will certainly be recommending him to our friends and family.