Galle - The city resembles no other city in Sri Lanka, and meandering around through the tight lanes makes you even overlook that you are in Sri Lanka. It really wants to walk the lanes of a medieval city in Europe! Extremely peculiar in away. Madu River is situated in the south of Sri Lanka close Galle. The water of the waterway is specked with little islands and the banks are altogether secured with lavish mangrove timberlands that are home to many unbelievable creature species. Appreciate many dynamic tropical winged animals and a couple of crocodiles in case you're fortunate enough. These animals are quite uncommon and don't care for groups.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 10–12 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Negombo City Center)
- Mineral Water
- English Speaking Driver
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entrance fees (Mangrove Boat)
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Madu River
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 38355P255
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate 8 hours, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Galle Day Trip With Mangrove Safari From Negombo?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Galle Day Trip With Mangrove Safari From Negombo on Tripadvisor
- How much is Galle Day Trip With Mangrove Safari From Negombo?
- Galle Day Trip With Mangrove Safari From Negombo price starts from $117.00. Discover and book Galle Day Trip With Mangrove Safari From Negombo on Tripadvisor
- What is the Galle Day Trip With Mangrove Safari From Negombo cancellation policy?
- Galle Day Trip With Mangrove Safari From Negombo cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Galle Day Trip With Mangrove Safari From Negombo on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Galle Day Trip With Mangrove Safari From Negombo?
- Galle Day Trip With Mangrove Safari From Negombo is hosted by Colombo Sightseeing. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Colombo Sightseeing on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Galle Day Trip With Mangrove Safari From Negombo on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 38355P255
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Old Town of Galle and its FortificationsStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 2Galle FortStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 3Galle Fort LighthouseStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 4Dutch Hospital Shopping PrecinctStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 5Madu RiverStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedSee detailsPass byOTN World
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Joined in January 2018
#410 of 741 Transportation in Colombo
- Dilan W00Don’t use taxi at airport they trying grab into their taxi and charge lot at the end of the trip, specially be careful wDon’t use taxi at airport they trying grab into their taxi and charge lot at the end of the trip, specially be careful with tuk tuk drivers. Always recommended to use Uber or local app same as Uber called PickMe
- Walter D00Jungle beach = filthy beachWell, if they would clean up the beach that would be great! It is full of filth, plastic and really not the place worthy of a visit.
- michielvanerkel00Disappointing tourTour was rescheduled on the original time off 9:30 to 11:30. Our guide was kind but not very proactive; he didn’t enter any of the sites visited with us so we had to figure out most of what we saw ourselves. The temple visited needed to be payed for (whereas the scheduled program states the entry fee is included. Just like the included water - except for half empty bottle couldn’t find any). We got an idea off the city, a glimpse of its monuments and sights, a rough idea of its history, but ended after three (instead of four) hours back in our hotel, slightly disappointed. The kind guide (more a driver) wasn’t in a hurry, but it seemed it wasn’t his regular job (told us it was his day off, apparently called to step in at the last moment).
- maherhamwi00Don\t take this tourGot this tour for 2 persons on 23/12/2021 , They are sheeting and taking us to another temple then Gangaramaya (Vihara) Buddhist Temple which is marked as paid entry. Also the guide is always in hurry and wants us to quickly finish in visiting each and every location which is less then the expected time mentioned in the details. Really disappointed since we will not have another chance to reschedule a visit to Colombo and its landmarks Don\t take this tour
- Bohuslav D00ThanksU would like to thank Bishan Janith (tourguide) for a nice and stress free day in Galle and on the jungle beach.
- Celeste O00Amazing information tripSuper little day trip, we saw lots of monkeys up close as well as have a little fresh fruit picnic breakfast by a little island, boat driver was really knowledgeable and informative. The “English speaking” driver who picked us up from our hotel arrived was almost an hour late and wasn’t very chatty... The included lunch was ok, but nothing special.
- Gurpeeet R00TOP classLove to have the Driver Saman for lovely tour and arrangements , pickup time didn’t have expected can change last minute still driver manage to arrange. Turtles , water sports are highlight on tour
- vagabondginger00Galle FortThis trip from Colombo to see Galle makes for a long day. I enjoyed the sea turtle conservancy where we stopped and I released a little hatchling into the sea. The stilt fishermen are just posing for photos and charging money. Hardly worth the stop. Galle looked like the kind of place that would have been good to have stayed in for a night. Probably good restaurants there too. We stopped at a buffet type place on the way back and altho it was nice and had an ocean view, I am not a fan of buffet food and some other choice in Galle may have been better. My driver basically was just the driver and did not offer much as far as telling me anything about the country as most guides would do. Being as I was based in Colombo for just a couple of days I didn't have much time to do this properly. I would suggest planning the trip to Sri Lanka to include more time outside the city and to plan for at least a week long stay. Sri Lanka has a lot to offer and Colombo only takes a couple of hours to see the interesting parts of the city.
- Michael R00Brilliant but rough for the elderlyI went from Negombo to the park privately. When the final turn off is found there is a very good restaurant and parking place for private vehiles. You then walk across the road to hire a four wheel high seated safari wagon. 7 k further on along the side road is the entrance to the park. I am 82 a judged the amount of rough road work would be too much for me for three hours. My travelling companion went on and thought it was an afternoon trip in 90 degrees, once off road and in the forested area, the heat was dissipated. He and another companion confirmed it would have been too much for this old codger. But they enjoyed the trip and found it good value for money with a wide range of wild life seen, including an ambush by skilled monkeys who cleared the vehicles of anything not tied down. But not aggressive, just recycling, the most cunning being the youngers. Being an afternoon trip no leopard, or elephant was seen, they they are both common and numerous. Allow 3 hours for trip out and back: 6 in total. plus the safari.
- KezzleP00Incredibly disorganised - although the National Park was lovelyThe driver arrived on time - for the 4hour drive from Colombo to the Wilpattu National Park. The first issue, despite asking for a bathroom break, we did not stop. On arriving at the National Park, there were no restrooms, so still no break. Also on arrival, the booking for the safari tour of the National Park had clearly not been arranged, and I had to wait for 45minutes for a safari jeep to be available. While the booking says an English speaking guide will accompany you, as the booking had obviously not been arranged, there was no guide available. During the tour, the driver would occasionally stop and and yell out to me about an animal he could see in the park. It was very lovely driving around the park in the safari jeep, and I did see some great animals. However we did not stop for the entire 3-hour drive around the park (despite the fact that I saw other tours had stopped at a central point for a coffee and snacks break)... and then it was straight back into the car for the 4hour trip home (again with no rest stops). There was also no opportunity provided through the entire day to stop and buy lunch. The National Park is lovely - but this tour needs some huge improvements in terms of arranging for places to stop and ensuring there is co-ordination between the company driving to the Park and the actual Park Safari tour, so that tours, guides and breaks are actually arrange and appropriate break times for lunch and restrooms are built in to the 12hour day-long excursion.
- ChaChingNEW00Amazing TourUdus was an fabulous driver/guide. We highly recommend Sanota Walkers tour company for excellent service, safe transfer and flexibility!!