Galle is the administrative capital of Southern Province and the fourth largest city in Sri Lanka. Before the arrival of the Portuguese in the 16th century, Galle was the main port on the island and has reached the height of its development in the 18th century during the Dutch colonial period. Galle is the best example of a fortified city built by the Portuguese in South and Southeast Asia that shows the interaction between Portuguese architectural styles and native traditions. The Galle Fort is a world heritage site and is the largest remaining fortress in Asia built by European occupiers. This walking tour will give you the chance of visiting this heritage site with a well-experienced local guide.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located hotels in Galle or Unawatuna.
- Hotel pick up and drop off will be provided from a TUK TUK or a car.
- Well experienced English speaking local guide.
- Entrance fees to the sites.
- One 500ml water bottel per person during the tour.
- Food tasting experience.
- Local Traditional snacks and Refreshments.
- All government taxes.
- Anything that not mentioned in inclusions.
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located hotels in Galle or Unawatuna.
- Fort Entrance (Old Gate), 26H9+69W, Baaladuksha Mawatha, මාතර 80000, Sri Lanka Pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located hotels in Galle or Unawatuna.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 130171P115
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please be ready at the hotel lobby 15 minutes before the pick up time.
- Please wear comfortable clothing.
- The liberal use of sunscreen is also highly encouraged.
- Don’t forget to bring your personal medicine and camera.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Galle Fort Leisure & Relaxing Walk?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Galle Fort Leisure & Relaxing Walk on Tripadvisor
- How much is Galle Fort Leisure & Relaxing Walk?
- Galle Fort Leisure & Relaxing Walk price starts from $120.00. Discover and book Galle Fort Leisure & Relaxing Walk on Tripadvisor
- What is the Galle Fort Leisure & Relaxing Walk cancellation policy?
- Galle Fort Leisure & Relaxing Walk cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Galle Fort Leisure & Relaxing Walk on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Galle Fort Leisure & Relaxing Walk?
- Galle Fort Leisure & Relaxing Walk is hosted by Overa Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Overa Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Galle Fort Leisure & Relaxing Walk on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 130171P115
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Joined in March 2019
#17 of 742 Transportation in Colombo
- Gurldad00Well planned and well executed!The trip was well planned and made everything easy for our group. First time client but would definitely recommend to friends and probably going to start planning the next get away. All good and accommodations were taken care of and pricing was reasonable as well. Thanks for everything!
- Climber2498920306100A wonderful day trip!My experience in Sigiriya and Dumbulla was superb. My guide and driver, Dinesh was enormously knowledgeable. He pointed out the most significant places/ items and explained their historical context and meanings.
- Steven E0021 day excursionGreat trip I worked out with Overa staff. We wanted an emphasis on wildlife and culture so not too much touristy stuff. We were very happy with the quality of the hotels and the included breakfast was good. Our driver was very attentive and 100% reliable. I would definitely not drive myself there. Changes I would make would be + a day in Ella, -2 of 3 nights in Nuwara Elya and stay a night in Galle. We only toured there 3 hours. Definitely do the Ella train and some safaris.
- Vinobluestone00A good tour PlanerVery good in organising Tours and vehicle is much better than rest of the competition out there.Great job
- Dream4024269846000Overa Tour trip to Sri LankaI have visited Sri Lanka for the second time and my experience was totally different from the first time. Me and my family we have really enjoyed our vacation and whole thing was perfect with Overa tour. They were so helpful in organizing our tour from first day till last day. And the best part was the driver Sageeth, he was the person who made our trip perfect. Every single member of family was amazed by his kindness and help.
- mckennamariee00Excellent 3-week tour exploring all of Sri LankaMy dad and I did a 3 week tour with Susantha and he took us all over Sri Lanka! Overa Tours is a great tour company and Susantha was an excellent guide. He was a careful driver, was always on time, always helped with our luggage, helped with translation, and was always more than willing to help out and suggest activities to do wherever we went. If we needed something from a store, he would take us to the right place. Susantha was patient and would get up at 4am if needed to drive me somewhere for a sunrise hike, like at Sigiria Rock (this was one of the highlights of the trip!). We started in Negombo and went to the beach in Trincomalee for scuba/snorkel, went to Kandy to see the Temple of the Tooth, to Nuwara Eliya, Kithulgala for rafting and relaxation along the river, rode a train to Ella (a MUST if you visit!), and wrapped up our stay in the jungle in Sinharaja. We did three safaris for bird watching and elephant viewing, and a guided walk in the jungle in Singaraja looking for reptiles, insects, and birds. This has been a trip of a lifetime, and it was fantastic having a driver. It makes traveling so much easier; no coordinating bus or train schedules, no calling taxis.
- GoPlaces2651356647700Exceptional, beautifulThe whole experience was amazing! From the pick up from my accommodation and drop off. The day I was in a truck with an experienced driver who knew about all the different wildlife, he could spot the animals far in the distance well and knew when and where to wait to see things!
- jojo_travels2300Overa Tours - Highly recommend!This tour was an absolute banger! My mates and I had a blast. Our tour guide was very helpful and friendly with us. Our favorite activity was when we went white water rafting. The water was stunning and just the whole experience was so thrilling. Highly recommend it if you're traveling with you mates. Thank you so much Overa tour for this memorable experience and your amazing service.
- jakemB8689TS00Honeymoon tripWe had a Great honeymoon! Sanka was very flexible and helped organise everything. He even organised a surprise bouquet of flowers for my wife. Loved the tirp and couldn't be happier with how everything went 👍👍
- Ambassador53064200PerfectVery good I enjoyed . Definitely will come again . Thank you for your service Very friendly and had soo much fun
- matheesha_paris00Unforgettable Sri Lanka adventure with Overa Tours; five stars experienceI had e an extraordinary experience with Overa Tours on my Sri Lankan holiday package! From the beginning, their services were top-notch. The well-planned Sri Lankan tour allowed me to explore the captivating places with the help of their knowledgeable and friendly tourist driver Ravi and guide. RAVI was outstanding, ensuring I didn't miss any hidden games the highlight was the thrilling Kithulgala white water rafting adventure, Thank you for the expertise and safety measures taken Ravi and other guides. I wholeheartedly recommend Overa Tours for their attention to detail, excellent customer service, an unforgettable experience. A five-star rating is well deserved. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Again it was amazing Thank you Overa Tours
- VTP1200Trincomalee Sankari Devi Temple with my MotherWe recommended overa travels as preferred travel agency in Srilanka. This is third time we have utilised their services and they always done great job planning out travel needs. They can customise your end to end plan with english speaking guide in Srilanka based in your budget. Susantha is an experienced driver/tour guide who speaks good English and very flexible with out travel plan and friendly. This time I was travelling with my mother and they have ensured to take care of the senior citizen needs. Appreciate their work and recommend to consider Overa if you are planning trip to Srilanka.
- ShruberryM00An extremely positive experience that we will definitely return to!We booked our vehicle and driver to take us from Negombo to Nuwara Eliya, Udawalawe National Park and Mirissa. Our primary consideration was safety since we were two women traveling and our driver Eranga delivered on all accounts! He was the kindest, most helpful person throughout our journey. From stopping for cigarette breaks to driving us to our remote accommodations, not once did he complain. On our request he took us to some great food stops along the way for local cuisine. He helped us with currency exchange as and when needed. The car was also very clean and supremely comfortable! We were quite sad to part ways and would definitely reach out to him when we return to SL, which we most definitely will!
- satish_garg00Try to use Overa Tours services for holidays - they are the best.I recently availed services from Overa tours to organise my 5 days Ramayana tour starting from Colombo , Nuwara Eliya, Kandy, Sigiriya Rock and back to Colombo. Many many thanks to Kamal who helps us in well planned and organised our tour nicely. Kamal is soft spoken and keep updating us in time at the time of we changed the tour program last minute for the last day. Proper professional driver Susantha was provided; Susantha is very well knowledgeable about the sightseeing places and his driving was comfortable and perfect. I will highly recommend to use Overa Tours for hassle free services.
- Departure6019366131300Immersive, strenuous tour in Knuckles region with basically no tourism.We had a great two day trip in the Knuckles mountain region. One of the most strenuos hikes for us ever, but 100% worth it. Our guide, Janaka, was an excellent host, singing songs at the bonfire and explaining wildlife to us. We even enjoyed some cooking lessons at the camp, free of charge. We only spotted one other couple during the two days. highly recommended.
Galle Fort Leisure & Relaxing Walk provided by Overa Tours
Product Overview: Galle Fort Leisure & Relaxing Walk
Number of Photos