This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Galle is a city on the southwest coast of Sri Lanka. It’s known for Galle Fort, the fortified old city founded by Portuguese colonists in the 16th century. Stone sea walls, expanded by the Dutch, encircle car-free streets with architecture reflecting Portuguese, Dutch and British rule. Notable buildings include the 18th-century Dutch Reformed Church. Galle Lighthouse stands on the fort’s southeast tip. Galle dutch fort – Historic fortress with shops and a meseum. Galle light house – stately light house with a swimming. Lighthouse street, Light house Virgine white tea garden
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Galle FortStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedGALLE FORT Galle Fort or the Dutch Fort is a Portuguese fortress which was built in 1588 at the bay of Galle on the southwestern coast of Sri Lanka. This fortress is completed with 14 bastions which is still the best-preserved and best example for the fortified city in Asia built by Europeans by showing the mix of European architectural styles and South Asian traditions. UNESCO declared Galle Dutch Fort as a World Heritage in 1988 under the name of Old Town of Galle and its Fortifications. It covers an area of 52 hectares inside the walls. A lighthouse installed on the Utrecht bastion, and a tower erected for the jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1883. A Protestant church also built in Baroque Style in 1775. The most prominent buildings in the fort complex were the Commandant's residence, the arsenal and the gun house.Read more
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Galle Fort
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
- Duration: 1–5 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Pickup offered
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071