Boasting about adventure sporting, Kitulagala is a town located in West of the road from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya. It's a town located in amid tickly forest hills. It has been once a filming place for the David Lean's 1957 Oscar-winning epic "Bridge on the River Kwai" on the banks of Kelani River. Most visitors for the adventure sporting are from Colombo. The Kitulgala's main attraction is White water rafting where you can ride the tides of Kelani River. Other than that it's popular for sports like confidence jump, Stream Sliding, Waterfall abseiling, Jungle trekking. Bird watching and cave exploration and last but not least river trips and expeditions.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 10–12 hours
Start time: Check availability
Arabic, German, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Transport by air-conditioned Car/ Van /Bus
- English Speaking Driver Cum Guide
- Bottled water
- Complimentary WiFi Excess During the Travel (Subjected To Availability)
- Entry/Admission - Rafters Retreat
- Food & Drinks
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 68395P56
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Swimsuits, fast drying shorts, appropriate river shoes, etc. for the river
- Dry clothes and towels for after the trip
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Mandatory to complete 14 days of quarantine for unvaccinated passengers before starting the tour.
- Vaccinated passengers should stay in Level 1 hotel once arrived in Sri Lanka and obtain negative PCR report, in order to start the tour. (14 Days of quarantine is not required).
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is white Water Rafting In Kitulgala with Lunch from Bentota?
- white Water Rafting In Kitulgala with Lunch from Bentota price starts from $126.00. Discover and book white Water Rafting In Kitulgala with Lunch from Bentota on Tripadvisor
- What is the white Water Rafting In Kitulgala with Lunch from Bentota cancellation policy?
- white Water Rafting In Kitulgala with Lunch from Bentota cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book white Water Rafting In Kitulgala with Lunch from Bentota on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides white Water Rafting In Kitulgala with Lunch from Bentota?
- white Water Rafting In Kitulgala with Lunch from Bentota is hosted by Apple Vacations Sri Lanka. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Apple Vacations Sri Lanka on Tripadvisor. Discover and book white Water Rafting In Kitulgala with Lunch from Bentota on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 68395P56
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Rafters RetreatStop: 2 hours - Admission includedWelcome to Rafters Retreat, Kitulgala, the main white water rafting location in Sri Lanka! This is a get-away for independent travelers, family, adventurous couples and for adrenalin junkies. We are located in Kitulgala, 90 Km from Colombo (a 2.5 hr drive) on the banks of the Kelani River of "Bridge on the River Kwai" fame. Adventure, action and living with nature is key in this Robinson Crusoe hideaway. Owner, Channa, is the epitome of life in the woodland and on the river - safari shorts, braces, a woolly beard and a love of wildlife. Channa is an excellent host, inviting families, single travelers and adventurous couples into his self-built tree houses For the best activity it offers, rafting at alongside the retreat is action-packed, adventurous and promises loads of fun for the entire family. The Kelani River, with its grade three rapids, is ideal for both intermediate rafters as well as beginnersRead morePass byBentota
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Apple Vacations Sri Lanka
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Joined in March 2018
#42 of 812 Outdoor Activities in Colombo
- Ramji R00Amazing experienceI was with Chatu for a 3 day tour in Sri Lanka. Chatu went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and happy in the tour and I had an amazing tour seeing great sites. He even changed the itinerary to suit what I wanted to see and helped with issues out of our control. Thank you Chatu! Ramji
- 733ashfaqb00Excellent experience, Booking by tripadviror is always my first choice for family accommodations.6 days in Sri Lanka was busy but very rewarding, lots of experiences and sites visited, Colombo,Dambulla, sigiriya, Ella, Yala National Park ,Tea Factory. Lovely people and food. We enjoyed it so much that I would definitely visit it again especially with the team of Apple Vacations . These energetic people showed professionalism and were helpful and attending to our needs and requests in no time. Very organized and sociable. Would like to recommend you all the Driver cum guide KIRSHAN, very humble personality and updated with all tourist attraction. Keep it up.
- margarethK7681GY00One day tour to ellaGreat experience with apple vocations very kind people they never charge extra and very reasonable prices
- brams84500Superfun day with lots to be seen!What a fantastic tour this was! We started off early in the morning with four different people. At first thought this was going to be a private tour but it was so much more fun with three other solo travelers! The temples in Dambulla and the Sigiriya site are amazing! One can’t imagine how much effort people must have put in there back in the days and many items and paintings still look almost as if created only recently (while sometimes it’s more than 1,000 years back!). We also had plenty room in the program to have a breakfast and lunch and visit a side road mango / coconut shop. The village tour was also part of the itinerary but we decided as a group to skip it. Chathu, our driver, was really accommodating and a great guy to have on the trip as he also told us a lot at the Dambulla temples. We were back around 9pm, tired but very satisfied! One minor point was our guide at the Sigiriya site, Mr Jayantha. I am sure he knows a lot about the site but his English is just not at par making it very difficult to understand him, especially since there is spoken about things we don’t know and local names used in the stories. With a good guide we can would definitely had a 5* experience!
- morganjperry00Excellent trip, with plenty of elephantsAn excellent day out, with a courteous and informative driver. We saw *loads* of elephants, including some very close up, and got to experience an authentic side to Sri Lankan culture. It’s a long day — with around 8 hours of driving — but well worth doing if you’re short on time or restricted by location and want to see elephants in the wild whilst in Sri Lanka.
- 499shaunr00Fantastic - and we are difficult customersFantastic end to our travels, great service, always on hand to help any problems and can't thank enough. We were on our last 9 days of our travels so decided to do a tour to remove any stress or having to think about planning and it was so worth it. Rexy our driver went out of his way to make sure we saw as much as possible during our time in Sri Lanka and Apple were always on hand via what's app should we need them. Experienced much more than what was on the itinerary so can't recommend enough! Excellent way to see the country especially as travel by yourself isn't as accessible and roads are difficult. I also wasn't sure how long to stay in each town/city so to have an itinerary planned for me was perfect
- Natalie P00Nice adventureI had a great time. Everything was organised very well and my guide was very accommodating to my wishes. I get very safe and well taken care of. The hotels were good quality and I have the feeling I really got to know Sri Lanka. Thank you to my guide Keerthe.
- 983asmats00Gems of Sri LankaI took several daytrip tours from Colombo operated by Apple Vacations. All tours were very well organized with quilified guides. I especially liked Sigirya, Dambula and village tour, and Ella and Udawalawa tour. Guides for these tours were especially helpful and ensured that me/the group experience Sri Lanka in authentic ways.
- Jayendra55500Best fun trip !Amazing trip … superb trip leader Shihan, very helpful and knowledgeable about the place and History. Over all superb fun trip it was …
- Kdatari00Apple Vacations- Fantastic experience with CJI really enjoyed my trip with apple vacations. They management team had really good communications and were quite flexible with customizations that I wanted. They also allowed me to choose my hotels. CJ was my driver/tour guide. He was the best driver/guide I’ve ever had. He was a pleasure to hang out with. He was very professional and there was no awkwardness, which is important when traveling alone as a female. His car was nice and clean. And he went out of the way to ensure I had a nice time, making adjustments along the way, etc. CJ took good care of me. I will definitely recommend CJ to friends and colleagues visiting Sri Lanka.
- netcontel00Good experience, reliable operatorVery well organised, punctual etc. Would have appreciated some more commentary on the drive about history, local area etc.
- KashanShah00Wonderful experienceThe trip was so well. I travelled with my wife and a four-months baby. We travelled on Honda Grace. It was an amazing experience. Vehicle, hotels and the whole experience was very good. I think we didn’t miss any single attraction that was on our list. Special thanks to the guide Rukshan. He was very helpful and informative. Will definitely be referring Apple Vacations to anyone visiting Sri Lanka.
- Relax6319193020300SuperVery useful trip guieder for watch nuwara eliya , sigiya , anuradapura we recommend this trip guiedr 100% so, you can try this this gueder
- thomashorst6700An incredible trip in Sri LankaWe had a great time discovering Sri Lanka thanks to Aaron, who is much more than a driver. His kindness and knowledge of the country taught us a lot. The 3-day excursion more than paid for itself, I highly recommend it!!!😁
- dinushkarp00Value for MoneyPrice is competive value for what we pay. Good response from lester when ask anything and help to upgrade the hotel for 50us entrance charges we have to pay separate. Good driver keerthi he act as guide too