A bit about Medan, Medan is the third largest city in Indonesia and also the biggest city outside of Java Island. It is well-known for its multi-cultural and multi-ethnic society (including large populations of Batak, Javanese, Malay, Chinese, Indian, Minang, Sundanese, and Madurese) creating a unique cultural blend. Medan is also well-known for historical-tourism and culinary-tourism. Each of the city's ethnic groups contributes to the culture. It is proven by some historical buildings, such as Istana Maimoon / Sultan Palace , Mesjid Raya / Grand Mosque, Tjo A Fie Mansion and also for the culinary, there is an oldest restaurant in Medan called Tip Top (the oldest restaurant). And we will guiding you to visit these historic buildings.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Transportation in comfortable air conditioned Deluxe car incl. fuel as per itinerary
- Driver and his meals
- Mineral water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Medan Grand Mosque
- Personal expenses such as:Lunch, Dinner, soft drinks, souvenir, etc.
- Donations and tipping driver/tour guide
- Tour guide
- Any optional program
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick Up in Medan where the travelers are staying
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 72142P4
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Tour : Medan Historical Half Day Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Tour : Medan Historical Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private Tour : Medan Historical Half Day Tour?
- Private Tour : Medan Historical Half Day Tour price starts from $55.82. Discover and book Private Tour : Medan Historical Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Tour : Medan Historical Half Day Tour cancellation policy?
- Private Tour : Medan Historical Half Day Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Tour : Medan Historical Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Tour : Medan Historical Half Day Tour?
- Private Tour : Medan Historical Half Day Tour is hosted by Fun Sumatra Tour & Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Fun Sumatra Tour & Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Tour : Medan Historical Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 72142P4
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Medan Grand MosqueStop: 8 hours - Admission includedPick up from hotel in Medan at 8.00 in the morning. Start for Medan city tour by visiting remaining Malay, Chinese and Dutch colonial architecture buildings such as Maimoon palace the palace of the Sultan of Deli which was built in 1888, the Great Mosque, Post office, Merdeka walk and Tjong A Fie’s house typical Chinese mansion.You will also have a chance to visit Asam Kumbang the crocodile farm, Graha Maria Annai Velangkani the Indian Catholic temple and Maha Vihara Maitreya Cemara Asri the Buddhist temple. Return to hotel. Day tour ends. Tour Included • Transportation in comfortable air conditioned Deluxe car incl. fuel as per itinerary • Driver and his meals • Entrance and parking fees to visit objects as mentioned in the program • Mineral water Tour Not included • Personal expenses such as:Lunch, Dinner, soft drinks, etc. • Donations and tipping driver/tour guide • Insurance • Tour guide • Any optional programRead more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Fun Sumatra Tour & Travel
Deli Serdang, Indonesia
Joined in August 2018
#1 of 3 Tours & Activities in Deli Serdang
- wonderoscar00Scelta giusta: professionalità ed affidabilitàSono stati bravi e corretti (ho effettuato il pagamento anticipato e non ho avuto problemi). Avevamo dei dubbi circa le località da visitare e poi anche su loro consiglio (un grande grazie per la pazienza a Tya Zaura ed a Julie) abbiamo optato per il tour classico Samosir (l’isola nel Lago Toba) e Bukit Lawang (la porta d’ingresso del Gunung Leusera National Park per vedere gli orangotango) passando per Barastagi (con sosta alle Sipiso- Piso fall e panorama dei vulcani ancora attivi Sinabung e Sibayak), 5 giorni/4 notti, il minimo indispensabile, con la soluzione auto con autista (Ramath impeccabile e paziente nel soddisfare le nostre richieste). Questo il programma DAY 01 (28 August 2019) : PICK UP MEDAN – LAKE TOBA – SAMOSIR ISLAND / 5 hrs drive + 1 hr by ferry Pick up at hotel in Medan at 09:00AM Proceed to Parapat lake Toba for 5-6 hours drive. Today you drive along endless palm tree, rubber and cacao plantations and through the historic city of Pematang Siantar. Arrive at Parapat, a town on the shore of Serene Lake Toba from where you cross over the lake to the island of Samosir. Check-in hotel. 1 overnight stay on Samosir island. Accommodation : Tabo Cottages DAY 02 (29 August) : SAMOSIR ISLAND EXCURSION - BRASTAGI HIGHLAND (B) After breakfast at hotel, it’s time to explore this magnificent island by visiting Tomok Village to see the ancient tomb of king Sidabutar, then visit Ambarita village to see the famous stone chairs & execution place of King Siallagan. Then visit Simanindo to enjoy the Bataks traditional ritual dances of the Bataks Tribe. Back to Parapat by ferry. Continue to Brastagi the Karo highland. Enroute stop at Sipiso-Piso waterfall to see the magnificent 110 meters and an extraordinary view of Lake Toba from the north side, Simarjarunjung to enjoy ginger tea and fried bananas (own personal expenses). Next stop is the ancient King’s Palace of Batak Simalungun / Rumah Bolon. Route from lake Toba via mountain resort with it’s refreshing weather and magnificent scenery which has an abundance of flowers, vegetables and fruits. Arrive in Brastagi the mountain resort where you can visit Gundaling hill to see the two active volcanoes in Brastagi: Sibayak (2.172 m) and Sinabung (2.417 m). Then visit fruits market which has many fruit, vegetables and flowers. Check in hotel. Overnight stay in Brastagi. Accommodation : Mikie Holiday Resort DAY 03 (30 August) : BRASTAGI – BUKIT LAWANG (B) / 4-5 hrs drive After breakfast at hotel, depart for Bukit Lawang the conservation of the Orangutans located in Gunung Leuser National Park via scenic panorama and villages in the foot of Sinabung volcano. Arrive in Bukit Lawang, check in hotel. 2 overnight stays in Bukit Lawang Accommodation : Eco Lodge Bukit Lawang Cottages DAY 04 (31 August) : JUNGLE TREKKING IN THE NATIONAL PARK OF GUNUNG LEUSER FOR 6 HOURS (B,L) After breakfast, start for a 6 hours jungle trekking in Gunung Leuser National Park to see the wildlife. This involves a walk through the jungle to explore the park. Steep, slopes and dense vegetation will bring you the excitement of the rainforest. In this tropical primary rainforest, you can see the varieties of birds, butterflies, Siamang (long arm apes), different kinds of reptiles. Lunch included on the jungle trekking. The rest is your own program, you can swim or take a beautiful walk to the local village nearby. Return to hotel Accommodation : Eco Lodge Bukit Lawang Cottages DAY 05 (1 September) : BUKIT LAWANG – MEDAN – DROP OFF (B) / 4 hrs drive Breakfast at hotel. Free program in morning and drive back to Medan. Molto buoni anche gli hotel che ci hanno proposto. Le vie di collegamento da Medan (base di partenza) sono ottime (come una nostra provinciale) solo molto trafficate come in tutta l’Indonesia. La strada peggiora un po’ ( ma e’ come alcune strade malconce italiane) per alcuni chilometri tra il lago Toba e Berastagi e tra Bukit Lawang e Medan. Consiglio: avendo un giorno in più starei senz’a dubbio due notti a Samosir perché l’isola è deliziosa. Annotazioni: durata dei vari spostamenti da una tappa all’altra non può essere accorciata saltando una tappa ed il relativo pernottamento.
- yin m00Lake Toba - Taman Simalem - Berastagi Highland (4D3N)A big thank you to Tya Zaura for being so responsive to the emails, great in customizing the itinerary according to our requirements and also being patient in answering all to my questions. Mr Rahmad (our driver) no doubt he is a skillful driver and very patient. Overall experience with the driver was great but can be better.
- NOSY0100Reliable Tour Company with Excellent ServiceMs Tya Zaura from Fun Sumatra Tour & Travel is very helpful in customising the itinerary that we wanted and she is also very prompt in replying our emails. We faced some minor issues with our trip in the beginning and upon sharing it with Tya, she immediately rectified the problem for us. Our driver, Mr Welly is a very experienced driver which also become our guide along the way. He shared many interesting stories and local customs about the places that we visited. Overall, we had a great time thanks to Fun Sumatra Tour & Travel!
- _tanjenny123000The right choiceWe really appreciate the services of Fun Sumatra tour & travel. Right from the inquiry stage to the booking of the tour package and the itinerary and the service (excellent) provided by our driver and the spacious car and the hotel accommodation choices available. We believe that we have engaged the right choice of tour agency for our visit to Medan, Lake Toba, Samosir island, Berastagi. Mr. Basri (our driver) was excellent, carefully in driving. Recommended very good, delicious food outlets and choices of food to us. Very professional. He tried his very best to provide us with information on the places we visited and other useful and informative tips and information beyond his duty. He also has a good sense of humor which made the journeys enjoyable. Good driving and made us feel safe and secure. Thank you so much and keep up the good work. If we asked by our friends or relatives to recommend a tour agency handler, we will refer them to your tour agency. Have a lovely day
- linkris9800So memorable !Our Lake Toba tour was arranged so well by you. Big thanks to Tya for your good information of our trip as per email. Even it was just 3 days tour but we did see a lot of beautiful things and so memorable. Also a huge thanks and compliment to our driver. You and your team are so highly recommended.
- thorsennatasha00My Bukit Lawang Jungle Trip, very good arranged!We just returned from Sumatra and can't wait to write this review. Fun Sumatra is a definitely reliable tour agency. Thanks to Tya, on the last minute arrangement she made our jungle trip to Bukit Lawang was so perfect. The first thing that we focus was a jungle trekking where we got almost close to the Orang Utans as we could never have imagined before. Then stay in jungle was so fun, we really got unique jungle experience by hearing various animals sounds at night. It is quite hard trekking and lots of uphill terrain but so fun. Our local guide is very pleasant and calm person. Driver was excellent and able to speak good English. If you are jungle and adventure tour lover, then we recommend Fun Sumatra. Thanks so much!
- demmieschmidt9800Excellent service!Satisfied with Fun Sumatra. Friendly and patient staff and always respond so quickly our emails. A bit of a price fight but comparable to the tour we went through. We have a wonderful overland Sumatra in 10 days and we are in Bali right now. They arranged a customized tour for us very well and the itinerary was a good plan. Sumatra was amazing with its tropical forest mixed with various cultures from north to west Sumatra. Driver and car was excellent! If you come to Sumatra and would like to book a private tour, then Fun Sumatra is highly highly recommended. Thank you so much !
- smithabigail079200Great travel plannerFun Sumatra is really efficient. We enjoyed a week tour in North Sumatra. The booking process was great and we had regular communication with the company to ensure all our arrangements were right for our arrival. Our driver was exceptional, he catered for our travelling needs, stopping when we asked, making sure we were ok as we traveled. Thanks so much to Fun Sumatra team. I highly recommend Fun Sumatra to all travelers.
- dleechong94100Day Trip to Si Piso Piso WaterfallWe have a short time in Medan and don't have much time to enjoy the tour longer. So we saw there was a day tour on the Fun Sumatra website and we were interested. Even though our tour was short but very pleasant and we enjoyed it. Seeing Lake Toba from the waterfall was amazing. Friendly drivers and like friends. Thanks Fun Sumatra!
- lauraken70700Amazing trip arrangement by Fun Sumatra ToursWe had a wonderful trip for 5 days by visiting Lake Toba and Brastagi highland last week, arranged by Fun Sumatra. Tour was perfect with driver Mr. Basri. He is so carefully driving and fun. Lake Toba was amazing with its local nice people as well. Tya from Fun Sumatra is very professional, so fast response when she replied our email. Their tour arrangement was perfect. The booking process was fast and we had regular communication with the company to ensure all our arrangements were right for our arrival.
- SimonBratt004 Days Jungle TourI visited North Sumatra in this month precisely to Bukit Lawang and Tangkahan with 3 of my friends. I used Fun Sumatra Travel to take care of my trip there and Tya their tour staff such as very good girl took care of all my interests and patiently responded to my many requests (lol,,,). Jungle trekking in Bukit Lawang was awesome, I did see one of orangutan with local guide Seger nice man. Gunung Leuser NP is very admirable. And jungle trekking by riding an Elephant in Tangkahan was so great as well, although the activity was delayed due to heavy rain. But all went well. Thank you so much for Fun Sumatra. Good job !
Private Tour : Medan Historical Half Day Tour provided by Fun Sumatra Tour & Travel
Product Overview: Private Tour : Medan Historical Half Day Tour
Number of Photos