Sarnath is a famous place in Varanasi and it is the destination for cultures like Hindu, Buddha and Jain. Sarnath is the place where Gautama Buddha first taught the Dharma (Sermon) then Buddhist Sangha (Association) has originated as well as came into existence. It is situated atleast 13 Km to north-east of Varanasi.Sarnath is the most historical and Buddhist holy place in the Varanasi, popular among tourists for tourism for various religions like Buddhist, Jainism and Hinduism. It has so peaceful, clean and calm environment which provides lots of mind and body relaxation. It can be felt like a new world of heaven on the earth, totally away from the rush, dust and crowd. Sarnath is an amazing place having lots of things to see ( A)- Buddhist Ruins of Sarnath where first Sermon of Buddha was delivered. 1-Dhamekh Stupa DharmarajikaStupa Site. 3-Dharmarajika Stupa. 4-Ruins of Monasteries including Mulagandha Kuti. 5-Remains of Ashokan Pillar Sarnath. 6- Archeological meusum
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 3–30 minutes
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: German, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Tour of saranath with official tour guide
- Transport,meals, entrance tickets and tipping
- Entry/Admission - Sarnath
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Travelers can be picked up from any hotel in varanasi.
- Sarnath Museum, Dharmapala Rd, Sarnath, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221007, India
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 170691P6
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Sarnath trip with official tour guide?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Sarnath trip with official tour guide on Tripadvisor
- How much is Sarnath trip with official tour guide?
- Sarnath trip with official tour guide price starts from $35.00. Discover and book Sarnath trip with official tour guide on Tripadvisor
- What is the Sarnath trip with official tour guide cancellation policy?
- Sarnath trip with official tour guide cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Sarnath trip with official tour guide on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Sarnath trip with official tour guide?
- Sarnath trip with official tour guide is hosted by My Tour Guide Varanasi. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact My Tour Guide Varanasi on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Sarnath trip with official tour guide on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 170691P6
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1SarnathStop: 3 hours - Admission excludedSarnath is a famous place in Varanasi and it is the destination for cultures like Hindu, Buddha and Jain. Sarnath is the place where Gautama Buddha first taught the Dharma (Sermon) then Buddhist Sangha (Association) has originated as well as came into existence. It is situated atleast 13 Km to north-east of Varanasi. Sarnath is the most historical and Buddhist holy place in the Varanasi, popular among tourists for tourism for various religions like Buddhist, Jainism and Hinduism. It has so peaceful, clean and calm environment which provides lots of mind and body relaxation. It can be felt like a new world of heaven on the earth, totally away from the rush, dust and crowd. Sarnath is an amazing place having lots of things to see. Main attractions Main attractions - ( A) Buddhist Ruins of Sarnath where first Sermon of Buddha was delivered. 1-Dhamekh Stupa Sarnath 2-Dharmarajika Stupa Site. 3-Dharmarajika Stupa. 4-Ruins of Monasteries including Mulagandha Kuti. 5-Remains of Ashokan Pillar Sarnath. 6- Archeological meusumRead more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
My Tour Guide Varanasi
Joined in May 2019
#8 of 266 Tours & Activities in Varanasi
- michellesW6670HR00Experienced and wise guideVimal is the most professional, wise and kind guide I came across. It was such a bless to spend a day and a morning in his company while in Varanassi.
- Anympnk12300Vimal is an exceptional tour guide!Vimal Sir was nothing short of a Blessing for our family trip to Varanasi. He was beyond exceptional in all regards as our tour guide. He made sure all of us, especially our elderly parents were well taken care of during the whole tour. He ensured that we don't wait in lines wherever possible, got us the best viewing seats for the Ganga Aarti, gave us great insights into/experience the beautiful history, culture, local life, food, and architecture - he left no stone unturned. We couldn't have covered and experienced this much of Varanasi without Vimal. We have had tour guides in the past, but none of them compare to Vimal and his enigmatic personality. He is such a warm, friendly and fantastic person, who is fun, jovial, and caring just like family. If you are ever in Varanasi and are considering getting Vimal as a tour guide don't hesitate for even a second. You won't find another tour guide like Vimal easily. Thanks a ton Vimal Sir! We will always remember you and this Beautiful Tour of Varanasi. - Vaishali
- 837vidyaj00Extremely memorable and rewarding.We did a 4 day Varanasi and Sarnath tour with Mr Vimal and Mr Mishra in Nov 2023. The knowledge that both these gentleman carry about the place and history is immense. We thoroughly enjoyed the guided tours of Kashi Vishwanath, Ganga Aarti, the ghats , boat ride, Subah E Benares , the lanes of Benares, the silk shopping, Sarnath visit. This is one of our memorable trips and we thank both Mr Vimal and Mr Mishra for making it likeable at such a short notice.
- sachinb93500AwesomeAmazing experience with Vimal ji. Such a charming personality made our trip so memorable. Such amazing knowledge he has. In three days he made sure that we see everything like boat ride, Mahadev darshan at lot more.
- shyampune00Varanasi/Sarnath TourWe are a Senior Citizen Couple. We hired the services of Mr. Vimal Pathak,President of Govt Guide Varanasi. Mr. Vimal Pathak helped us very much. We hired his Cab and Guide services. He very well organised our Varanasi/ Varanasi Mahadeo Darshan, Ganga Aarti,Rudra Abhishek,and related Temples Darshans including Sarnath Tour. He is very soft spoken, committed and learned. We suggest everyone to take the advantages of the services for Smooth Darshan of Shri Kashi Vishawnath/Ganga Aarti etc. He also arranges hotel Stays as per your requirements. In short you can Fully Trust him and Relax. We wish Very Best of Wishes to Mr. Vimal Pathak,President of Varanasi Govt. Tourist association.
- aloisio-fortunato00Great lesson on VaranasiMy wife and I went on a Varanasi day tour with JP Mishra and it was excellent. We started early in the day, at 5AM to watch the sunrise ceremony in Assim Ghat. Our guide JP is very knowledgeable and taught us a lot about the ceremony and the hindu religion as a whole. Next we went on a boat tour along the ganga river until the cremation ghat, in which he explained how the cremation rituals work. Later we walked around the mosque region and went back to the hotel for breakfast. After a 2 hour break and a good power nap we continued the tour, going until the Sarnath park and museum. A special place where Buddhism was born. Again JP was more than a guide, but a great teacher telling all the history. In summary I couldn't recommend more this tour to have a proper understanding of the hindu culture, Varanasi special rituals and Buddhism. Big thanks to JP Mishra for the patience and all the great explanations!!! JP Mishra whatsapp number is +91 83189 30640
- 129ramprasads00Great experience in KasiGreat experience in Varanasi, long waited destinany. Felt so peaceful with the Darshan of Kasi Vishwanath. Thanks to our tour guide, Mr Vimal Pathak who made the journey blessful. He has been more like brother than tour guide throughtout our journey in Kasi with vast knowledge about the place. Very much recommended to everyone
- Getaway0446408079200Wonderful family time with just the right guides in BanarasWe were shown Varanasi by Mr.Prakash Dwivedi, who was recommended to us by Mr. Vimal. I had been to Varanasi a few times before but the patience, hospitality, time management that was show by Prakashji remains unmatched. Wonderful experience.
- FaCo97200Best tour ever in life!Varanasi Trip full Day with Vimal was simply the best tourist guide experience of my all life. He started the Day 1 in the late afternoon for Arty Cerimone were thank to him I was able to receive a bless from Bramin :-). Cerimony was full of magic colours, sounds and people. day 2 we visited Crematorium by boath , Silk market, historic walking tour of Varanasi and Shiva gold Temple and Buddha Sarnath place. Amazing…BUT the real experince in life is Vimal explanation that thanks to his knlowedge of history, philosophy, Hindu culture and human beens :-) he was able to make feel the soul and the hearth of the City, of the people and the Holy atmosphere of this City…he make me feel in touch with Shiva! I feel definitely a better and more connected person after this tour and his teaching.
- PrateekA18600Excellent trip to Varanasi thanks to our tour guideHad an excellent time with Vimal ji. He was very supportive and accommodating. His knowledge about varanasi and hindi culture was very refereshing. Thank you Vimal ji, we shall meet soon.
- Discover6530781973100Varanasi tour guideExcellent and extremely knowledgeable guide who was very professional. Vimal made our trip very memorable. Strongly recommend using Vimal Pathak’s services.
- Su G00Visiting Varanasi with a professional, pleasant person makes all the differenceHighly recommend Mr. Pathak to serious, eager tourists who want to see a full spectrum of We interacted with Mr. Vimal Pathak for Varanasi as our friend was visiting from USA. The purpose was to do some very serious rituals, explore heritage and visit Varanasi. We were very fortunate that we got connected to Mr. Pathak. Since our friend who came with one of her parents did not speak Hindi and had no idea of how things operate in India, we needed an honest and serious, focused guide. Mr. Pathak took time to understand the goal of the trip, spent time to know the requirements and worked with us to carve a very practical and all inclusive itinerary. Me. Pathak is a very diligent, caring person who has an excellent team of colleagues that can execute things in a very customized way. The whole trip was very pleasant and wonderful because of Mr. Pathak, his communication in English is excellent and he uses local languages beautifully to help his clients. He deals with clients with professionalism and takes utmost care in making their visit a success. Mr. Pathak added personal touch by guiding my friends in the right direction, his pricing to organize and collate every component was very competitive and worth it. We are very thankful to Mr. Pathak for taking care of our Varanasi trip. We highly recommend him and will definitely use his services again.
- raghug33000Best Tour guide.The guide was very good, friendly and knowledgeable. Mr. Patak and Ashok our guides both were friendly, prompt. They made the trip memorable from Airport to Airport.
- Eswara45600Retired postal supervisor apI want to serve as a tourist guide at k v temple pilgrims at affordable fee desiring to tell the needy things of the tour and to helpthem as i can as a service motto .who will give its permission
- charulatac00Fabulous Varanasi VisitEntire visit to Varanasi was very memorable one for me. It was my first visit with my sister in law in February. We enjoyed morning and evening Ganga aarati, visiting ALL the temples in the area, boat ride, walking along the Ghats, taking a dip in the Ganges, talking to the vendors and learning their life, walking through the gallis of Varanasi, visiting Saranath, eating local foods and many many more interesting activities. All this was possible due to our efficient tour guide Mr. Rajesh Mishra. I will recommend him to anyone who wants to visit Varanasi area or other places. My heartfelt thanks to him for making my first visit to Varanasi a very memorable one. I will cherish it always. Thank you Mishraji.