Varanasi-city of Ganges, same day visit
By The Great Indian Adventure
A crumbling maze of a city that rises from the ghats (steps) on the western banks of the Ganges, Varanasi is in many senses the quintessential India. With an ancient history -- Mark Twain famously described it as "older than history, older than tradition, older even than legend, and looks twice as old as all of them put together" -- it is also one of the most sacred cities in the world today. Kashi, or "City of Light, where the eternal light of Shiva intersects the earth," as Varanasi is seen by devotees, is the holiest of Indian pilgrimages, home of Shiva, where the devout come to wash away their sins. Earliest accounts of the city go back 8,000 years, and "the city of learning and burning," as it is affectionately referred to, has attracted pilgrims from time immemorial, not all of them Hindu -- even Buddha visited here in 500 B.C. after he achieved enlightenment, sharing his wisdom at nearby Sarnath.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 5–6 hours
Start time: Check availability
English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Service of English speaking local guide during the sightseeing
- Monument entry fee at the sites
- Boat ride at the river Ganges to see the historic ghats (sharing basis)
- Evening Ganges aarti ceremony at the Dashashwamedh ghat
- Entry/Admission - Sarnath
- Entry/Admission - Bharat Kala Bhavan
- Entry/Admission - Ramnagar Fort
- Entry/Admission - Ganges River
- Any other services like tipping, meals, beverages etc.
- Any other services which are not mentioned in inclusion
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We will pick you from your location in Varanasi (hotel/airport/ railway station or place of your choice) & after the sightseeing will drop you at the same place.
- Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Varanasi Airport, Varanasi India
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 127209P6
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Varanasi-city of Ganges, same day visit?
- How much is Varanasi-city of Ganges, same day visit?
- Varanasi-city of Ganges, same day visit price starts from $96.34. Discover and book Varanasi-city of Ganges, same day visit on Tripadvisor
- What is the Varanasi-city of Ganges, same day visit cancellation policy?
- Varanasi-city of Ganges, same day visit cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Varanasi-city of Ganges, same day visit on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Varanasi-city of Ganges, same day visit?
- Varanasi-city of Ganges, same day visit is hosted by The Great Indian Adventure. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact The Great Indian Adventure on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Varanasi-city of Ganges, same day visit on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 127209P6
- You'll start atVaranasiOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Kashi Vishwanath TempleStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2Dasaswamedh GhatStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 3SarnathStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Bharat Kala BhavanStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Ramnagar FortStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6Ganges RiverStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Best Off-the-beaten Path Day in Udaipur
Travel blog - The Perfect day in Udaipur - Climb and take in the view from Neemach Mata temple (6-7:30pm) - Go on a…
Agra and Rajasthan tours
Loved the experience and we felt personally cared for the entire time by Pranav and Ram. Well worth the investment …
The best choice
Pranav and Ram organised a tour to Agra and Jaipur from Delhi for some of my friends and family visiting from Italy…
The Best way to See India
Ram and The Great Indian Adventure provided the greatest experiences across so much of the country. They accommodat…
Great tour, very well organised
As a group of friends who travel together we had a 12 days tour to Rajahstan, on the classical route: Delhi, Agra, …
My wife and I travelled from Delhi to Agra (visited Taj Mahal), to Jaipur (visited Amber Fort and City Palace), to …
The True Spirit of India!
My family and I did the 12 day trip with the Great Indian Adventure through the "Golden Triangle" of India. Everyt…
If you want India- GIA is your way to go! A team full of hard working, prompt and dedicated members will be on hand…
Fabulous agency to book your lifetime trip
I've used all manner of agencies in the UK to book trips but for this trip I wanted local expertise for something a…
India 12 days
TGIA co. Is a good bet. RAM and PRANAV helped me plan Mumbai, Delhi, Chandigarh, Udaipur and a visit to the Taj. Th…
Excellent visit to the Taj!
We hired a driver for the day to take us to the Taj. The driver was very nice and made a huge effort to make sure w…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
May 2019 • Solo
The Great Indian Adventure offered fantastic trip planning and tour services for my travels in Varanasi and Agra. My booking was very last minute, and they arranged everything in a matter of 2 days - hotel booking, train tickets, guided tours, etc..., that surpassed all expectations, for a great price! Highly recommended!!!
Written July 31, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.