Kotwara Insight: A Visit to Muzaffar and Meera Ali's Home in Lucknow
By SITA World Tours
Kotwara House is owned by Muzzaffar and Meera Ali. Muzzaffar is an Indian filmmaker, fashion designer, poet and artist. He belongs to the Muslin Rajput royal house of Kotwara and is the current Raja of Kotwara. His wife, Meera Ali is an architect and fashion designer. They have created an international couture label, “The House of Kotwara”. On this tour, you will see their workshop for their label and interact with highly skilled artisans. Clips from Muzaffer’s classic films are shown as you have a cup of tea/coffee. Highlights: - • Kotwara Fashion Label Insight • Interact with artisans • Tea at Kotwara House
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private Air conditioned Vehicle.
- Pick up / drop off within Lucknow city center.
- Visit Kotwara House and their workshop.
- Enjoying tea at Kotwara house.
- 02 bottles of mineral water
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport, Amausi, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226009, India
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 50182P238
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Prior appointment is required before booking
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Kotwara Insight: A Visit to Muzaffar and Meera Ali's Home in Lucknow?
- Kotwara Insight: A Visit to Muzaffar and Meera Ali's Home in Lucknow price starts from $151.00. Discover and book Kotwara Insight: A Visit to Muzaffar and Meera Ali's Home in Lucknow on Tripadvisor
- What is the Kotwara Insight: A Visit to Muzaffar and Meera Ali's Home in Lucknow cancellation policy?
- Kotwara Insight: A Visit to Muzaffar and Meera Ali's Home in Lucknow cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Kotwara Insight: A Visit to Muzaffar and Meera Ali's Home in Lucknow on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Kotwara Insight: A Visit to Muzaffar and Meera Ali's Home in Lucknow?
- Kotwara Insight: A Visit to Muzaffar and Meera Ali's Home in Lucknow is hosted by SITA World Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact SITA World Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Kotwara Insight: A Visit to Muzaffar and Meera Ali's Home in Lucknow on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Kotwara Insight: A Visit to Muzaffar and Meera Ali's Home in Lucknow?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 1h. Discover and book Kotwara Insight: A Visit to Muzaffar and Meera Ali's Home in Lucknow on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 50182P238
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1KotwaraStop: 60 minutesYou will be picked up from your hotel in Lucknow city center at 02:30 PM and will be escorted in your air-conditioned vehicle to Kotwara House. Muzaffar and Meera’s couture fashion brand was established in 1990. They wanted to showcase the traditional craft of the Awadh region. Kotwara house is now a living center for craft with design and restoration inputs from Muzaffar and Meera Ali. The couple has revived the traditional craftsmanship of Lucknow. You will have the opportunity to see their workshop of Chikan, Zari and Mukaesh for their label, ‘Kotwara’. Admire each piece being readied and interact with highly skilled artisans at work. We also get to see the collected artifacts, some great works of calligraphy and paintings. Also enjoy short dance clips from Muzaffar’s landmark films including Umrao Jaan over a cup of hot tea/coffee. Upon conclusion of the tour, you will be driven back to your hotel in Lucknow.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Purely personal affairs of the royal family
It was a good experience looking at the sprawling palace where the royal kings of Travancore and their families liv…
Adhiyogi surrounded with breathtaking view
The place itself is surrounded by the mother nature, and majestic Adhiyogi statue just adds up to the beauty. A mu…
This is a fantastic hotel to stay in New Delhi... An absolute five star experience... The hotel has friendly, helpf…
Explore Jodhpur with Royal Jodhpur Tuk Tuk Tour
If you want to explore Jodhpur with Tuk Tuk, You can cantact Dilip vaiya, He is very nice person and have a wonderf…
Lucknow to Ayodhya
Morning left Lucknow for Ayodhya with family. It almost took 3 hrs to reach Saryu ghat. Forgot to tell abt the road…
There, street foods are too much testy. Favourite sweet dish of Kolkata is Rosogolla. Everyone loves Rosogolla. Th…
A must visit for every Hindu. The magnetic energy there is to be experienced. The temple structure would leave you …
Fantastic River rafting expereince at Betwa River Orchha, M.P.
Best Experience of rafting adventure at Betwa river, it is due to very expereinced staff namely Laxmi Narain and Mu…
The 112-feet bust of Adiyogi statue at Isha Yoga Centre in Coimbatore.The Isha Yoga Center situated at the foothill…
Not good value for money...
Visited first time with family and hopefully last time. Counter staff was very rude. Dont have any knowledge how t…
All the experience I had to hence the Spirituality towards inner Awaking
Nice place to visit The creative ideas of swamiji is Excellent and it improves Spirituality in side the every perso…
Great Place To Visit
Very good food and reasonable too. Must visit place. Really it's amazing place and Ambience is Also nice.
A serene atmosphere pervades the place! Beautiful surroundings, with greenery and mountains all around.
Bukhara - must visit food in Delhi
The food at Bukhara is excellent, especially their daal bukhara and pudina parantha are not be missed. The staff is…
Not much attractive light and sound show
It is a pretty boring show. There is a lot of scope for improvement. There is not much light in the show. It was li…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Muzaffar Ali is something of a Lucknow legend--he's from a noble family that has been part of Lucknow for generations. He is also a gifted filmmaker, connoisseur of Indian Urdu ghazals, and preserve of Chikankari, the exquisite hand-embroidery the region is famous for, The house is a time capsule full of historic interest, as well as a workshop for the beautiful couture fashions, created by his very talented designer wife Meera and daughter Sama.
Written July 12, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.