Jaisalmer is a city that lies at the heart of the Thar Desert in Rajasthan. As this city stands on a ridge of yellowish sandstone, with the Jaisalmer Fort in the background it emits a golden glow from the distance – which gives it its popular nickname ‘The Golden City’. For this trip, you’ll be staying at a popular campsite that lies about 36 km from Jaisalmer. Surrounded by vast dunes and contrasting blue skies, during this trip you’ll be able to witness Rajasthan’s stark beauty like no other. You’ll be accommodated in luxurious swiss tents equipped with all basic amenities and you’ll be offered delicious Rajasthani cuisine. Highlights Combine fun with luxury through this Jaisalmer Desert camp. Feel the thrill of staying in the middle of a desert. Imbibe the rich Rajasthani culture. Enjoy the camel safari. Witness the contrasting beauty of beige and blue. Catch a golden sunset.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Ages 13-60, max of 120 per group
Duration: 2 days
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Accommodation in Swiss tents on a double sharing basis
- Bed, mattresses and blankets
- Attached bathroom in tents
- Evening snacks and dinner on day 1
- Breakfast on day 2
- 2 bottles of mineral water
- Welcome drink.tea/coffee on arrival on day 1
- 45-minute camel safari
- Folk dance with music
- All applicable taxes
- Transport to and from the campsite
- Extra bed
- Any personal expenses
- Additional meals
- Any kind of insurance
- Expenses arising due to unforeseen circumstances
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Departure details
- Rajputana Desert Camp MDR 53 Dhanana Road Sam, Sand Dunes, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001, India Please meet at the designated camp per the location on the map.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 216769P118
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 120 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Jaisalmer Desert Camping (Luxury Swiss Tent)?
- Jaisalmer Desert Camping (Luxury Swiss Tent) price starts from $98.85. Discover and book Jaisalmer Desert Camping (Luxury Swiss Tent) on Tripadvisor
- What is the Jaisalmer Desert Camping (Luxury Swiss Tent) cancellation policy?
- Jaisalmer Desert Camping (Luxury Swiss Tent) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Jaisalmer Desert Camping (Luxury Swiss Tent) on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Jaisalmer Desert Camping (Luxury Swiss Tent)?
- Jaisalmer Desert Camping (Luxury Swiss Tent) is hosted by The Great Next. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact The Great Next on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Jaisalmer Desert Camping (Luxury Swiss Tent) on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 216769P118
Reserve your spot
About the operator
The Great Next
Joined in November 2019
#11 of 70 Boat Tours & Water Sports in Mumbai
- traveleroclock00Paritaal The Angels LakeParital or Paritaal is now been known to many tourists and a large amount of people coming to this place during British Raj, use to smuggle log (kath) from this Kalsi river to Kathgodam. Local people believe during Navratri, Pari (angels) come to this place to take bath and one can hear them singing and playing musical instruments like harmonium, dholak, etc .
- Sumit28100PoorWe have been staying here today as I am writing this review, there are poor heating arrangements only small blower to keep warm big room machan, in breakfast they take ala crate but two vegetarian items and after fighting we got another two, no wi fi, and only two bottle of 500 ML water provided that’s insane at this price Be careful while booking.
- holidayvent00Peaceful and scenes placeWe had a wonderful holiday in Manali, Himachal Pradesh which will remain long in the memory. Excellent travel organization and the best of experiences.
- tanvirasania00Peaceful atmosphereWell i visited this place with my friends.. staff service was great..Dinner and breakfast facilities was also upto the mark..overloaded with various adventurous and relaxing activities
- Hnc12feb00Snow trek in KedarkanthaStarting with the advice and the guidance let me give a huge appreciation to Rohit from the great next,have eaten his head a lot before the trip considering the safety and the capability that we girls can do or not and he only kept on Replying don't worry just go its worth it, and trust me it's worth it. We three girls started the journey from Mumbai and never imagined that this trek will lead to an unforgettable memories..as said cold is not cold until you are afraid of it,one can actually feel it when you see the dream come true...snow filled area with huge mountain sweating climb with motivating guides around. Mukul and harsh(our guide) and his team's hospitality was great.. Starting from tent,food arrangement and to motivate ones strength and moral they were exceptionally good.. First time found a group which carried age between 15 to 65 under one roof and all where tremendously helpful and caring which never made any one among three of us feel low or alone.. Thanks to great next to give me such a friendly crowd to be with and create memories wit, Also two of the great next member (Clovis and Dhanraj)where present in the same batch with out them the trip wouldn't have been completed.they where like a cherry on the top for the entire trip.. My first experience with great next and would love to add more. You guys are definitely going to be my choice for my next trek and will be recommended to my contact.. Thank you Rohit once again, without you it wouldn't have been possible.. You rock.. Keep going.
- madfornaturetravel00Kedarkantha TrekIt was our first himalayan trek..We got details of greatnext through google and we went through them...All trek arrangements were well managed and trek guide over there were also co-operative and supportive..They co-operated us very well for our plan changes for return journey...Stay and food served was also good...Overall very awesome experience...Looking for more trips through greatnext...
- Sagar9000Night kayaking at havelock1st time in our life we did kayaking and that too night kayaking.it was a thrilling experience going through deep mangroves at night.Bioluminescence was itself a magical experience an experience which will be remembered for lifetime.we all were nervous before but this guy i call him "amazing ali" guided us so well made us comfortable it was a very informative session about the mangroves, andaman, constellation,bioluminescene.thank you Ali for being such a good host and for this wonderful experience.those who are planning for havelock add this to your itinerary this is something which is not to be missed.thank you captain hook
- sanamshah00Scuba Diving at Boracay (Philippines)I had heard from my friend that Great Next is an amazing startup for adventure trips and finally I got an opportunity to experience the same during my visit to Boracay. Saylee from Great Next assisted me for planning and booking for a scuba dive. Everything was seamlessly coordinated on whatsapp right without having to call her once also. The experience at the Dive shop was also wonderful and we were given proper visual, audio and practical training before making the final dive. The instructor was nice, helpful and ensured that our dive was memorable. Often when you travel to foreign countries you are always worried about the services you will get from the vendors over there but I feel a startup like Great Next is doing a commendable job so that we tourists get best of the experience when we travel. Thank you Amit, Saylee & The Great Next Team !!
- kamakshi_bhan00Snow trek to Chandrakhani base camp from Rumsu villageIt was my first trip without parents and my first snow Himalayan trek and I can't tell you in words how much I enjoyed. I was scared of so many things like safety, hygiene, food, activities and etc. but everything went so smooth that im still in hungover of the amazing trip. The trek leaders Monu bhaiya and Vicky bhaiya were so helpful. The people I met there have become my super friends now. I'm so glad I did this and Clovis from the great next helped me to clear any doubt I had before going for the trek. Thankyou so much.♥️
- 787yogesh00My experience of the Chadar Trek through The GreatNextI’d heard a lot about the Chadar Trek; about how beautiful it was, how difficult it was, etc. I had decided not to attempt it basis feedback from friends who had done it. However, when I saw The GreatNext advert on the net, I gave them a call and got tempted to give it a go! The GreatNext makes all the arrangements for the trek as also ones stay at Leh, subject of course, to certain exclusions! Anyway, I was travelling solo but was grouped with a very lively group of 17 youngsters from Bangaluru. They were not only fun to be with but also most considerate and helpful, especially considering that I am over 63 years of age and they were largely in the 40 to 43 years age group!! We were put up at the Ibex hotel Leh, which my taxi driver found difficult to locate since it was presumably a new hotel and had not put up a sign board on the street! The hotel did not have running hot water but was otherwise comfortable. We were pretty much on our own for the 3 days that we spent in Leh barring the briefing from the local support team. Getting through the medical and other approvals did seem a little unorganised and perhaps could have been managed better. The trek arrangements were very good and our local team leader was very cooperative and capable. Trekking in minus 14 to minus 20 degrees does kill one’s enthusiasm but trekking with a young and lively group keeps one’s spirits high!! Walking on a frozen icy river calls for very different trekking skills - most of us slipped and had falls during the trip. A couple of ladies fell on their faces which would have been most painful! Also, when it was not possible to walk on the river because the ice was not solid or had not formed, we had to climb the sides and follow the river till it was safe to get back onto the river! Trust me, walking on sides of the gorge was tricky, dangerous in parts and quite tiring. The tents and sleeping bags were good and served the purpose, though I did face an issue of water dripping from the tent on my head in the night. When I took this up with the team leader he explained that it was moisture in our breathing which condensed and drops back on us! Also, the toilet arrangements were reasonably comfortable and I saw no reason to try and answer nature’s call in the open. We went upto the frozen waterfalls some 2km short of the Naerk camp site and turned back to the Tibbs Cave camp site. This turned out to be a good decision since could hear and feel the Zanskar river cracking up. Seems a number of trekkers got stranded because the ice or the Chadar had broken and they had to be rescued by IAF helicopters! All said and done, it’s a beautiful though treacherous trek. Treacherous on account of the severe cold, the tough camping conditions, the risks associated with slipping and falling on ice and climbing the sides of the gorge and water getting into your gumboots in case your feet go through the ice into the water, etc. Beautiful on account of unforgiving arid landscape, the frozen river, the steep and rock strewn hillsides, the frozen water falls and of course, the different types of icy river tops that one has to negotiate!! It’s worth doing once in a lifetime but one should prepare well since its physically and mentally taxing!!
- thomasaU4164ZV00KedarkanthaExcellent experience with great guides. All communication was easy and they were flexible with our plan changes. Thank you!
- Telangvishal041200Chaadar Trek With Buddiesheavy snow fall and closing of many treks led to me booking chaadar trek for me and my frnds. It was a brilliant experience to say the least thanks to Rohit and team on ground. Rohit and team are very prompt in responding to quires and helping out wherever needed. Would wanna make a special mention of the trek led OD, Tashi Bhai and there team who make sure we get all the required stuff on chaadar trek these guys are real rockstar. Tahir was very helping as one of our frndz faced health issue in leh but Tahir made sure we get all the required support on the ground. Stay in Sia La, Galwan Palace and Shanti Next was great overall one of the most memorable treks. Thanks Rohit for the constant support your are doing wonderful job.
- Radhadhawad00Memorable tripThankyou Saylee and Rohit for all the arrangements. It was definitely a memorable and beautiful trip. They were available for all sorts of help during my trip. Thanks a ton for that. Highly Recommend their services.
- Swatim171400Chadar trek jan 2020A spontaneous solo trip thts what I wanted. Ended up booking chadar trek zanskar frozen river,with the help of rohit from the great next. What can I say the most awesome experience and solo trip I could ask for,rohit was really good and understanding as this was my first trek ever that too solo. I was scared and skeptical he assured me,shared all the details and answered all my queries with patience. I have asked some real stupid question too, but he was patient enough to answer them. He also helped me with my shopping options so honestly couldn't have asked for anything more of him or the great next. About my trip every think was prebooked and taken care by Rohit.The group I got were really awesome people with great heart. They helped me in my entire trip. This was an hassle free trip thanks to rohit and the great next team. The biggest words of appreciation would be for my trek leader adit. If he wouldn't have been there I wouldn't have completed my trek at all. He and few frnds I made in this trek helped me complete this trek. They motivated me they pulled me and helped me cross hours of chadar with ease. Hope this review helps.
- RohanM85100Chadar trekHad an amazing experience at chadar trek. All the ppl invloved were really vry cooperative and trying to make ur trip comfortable especially Rohit roy through whom i booked my trkk
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Visited with friends in March2022. Beautifully designed camps with all facilities for super comfort, in the middle of the desert. Unbelievably good!! The tea they had arranged on the sand dunes , with local village artists singing , and the beauty of the setting sun made the trip every bit worthwhile. Plus there was a cultural programme in the evening at the resort as well.
The tents were super comfortable, bathrooms were excellent.
Allround 5*. Strongly recommend.
The tents were super comfortable, bathrooms were excellent.
Allround 5*. Strongly recommend.
Written April 10, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Jaisalmer Desert Camping (Luxury Swiss Tent) provided by The Great Next
Product Overview: Jaisalmer Desert Camping (Luxury Swiss Tent)
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos