Khajuraho is a town in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, located about 385 miles southeast of New Delhi. Khajuraho has the country's largest group of medieval Hindu and Jain temples, famous for their erotic sculptures. The Khajuraho Group of Monuments has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1986 and is considered one of the "seven wonders" of India. The monuments in this area are divided into three groups: Eastern, Western and Southern. Today we will be visiting the eastern group of temples. Highlights • Parsvanath Temple • Adinatha Temple • Ghantai Temple • Brahma Temple
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-99, max of 15 per group
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Services of a English Speaking Guide
- Private air-conditioned transport
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Khajuraho Temples
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
- Khajuraho, Khajuraho, Chhatarpur District, Madhya Pradesh We will pick up traveler from their hotels / fixed point within city center.
- Khajuraho Airport, Khajuraho India
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 50182P92
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with UNESCO's Eastern Temples at Khajuraho - A Walking Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book UNESCO's Eastern Temples at Khajuraho - A Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is UNESCO's Eastern Temples at Khajuraho - A Walking Tour?
- UNESCO's Eastern Temples at Khajuraho - A Walking Tour price starts from $120.00. Discover and book UNESCO's Eastern Temples at Khajuraho - A Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the UNESCO's Eastern Temples at Khajuraho - A Walking Tour cancellation policy?
- UNESCO's Eastern Temples at Khajuraho - A Walking Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book UNESCO's Eastern Temples at Khajuraho - A Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides UNESCO's Eastern Temples at Khajuraho - A Walking Tour?
- UNESCO's Eastern Temples at Khajuraho - A Walking Tour is hosted by SITA World Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact SITA World Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book UNESCO's Eastern Temples at Khajuraho - A Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 50182P92
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atKhajurahoOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Khajuraho TemplesStop: 3 hours - Admission includedYou will be picked up from your hotel in Khajuraho and driven to the Eastern Cluster of Temples. Your guide will accompany you and explain the significance of each temple you visit. Parsvanath temple is the oldest, largest and best known of the Jain temples. Adinatha Temple is dedicated to Thirthankara Adinatha. Ghantai temple, belonging to the Jain faith, is the only Jain temple that is not protected by any encircling wall, as case with other temples The Javari Temple was constructed between 1075 to 1100 AD. This temple, dedicated to Lord Vishnu was built in Nirandhar style. The Vamana Temple was dedicated to 5th incarnation of Lord Vishnu, Vamana. It was constructed between 1050 to 1075 AD. The Hanuman Temple is situated on a platform in Khajuraho village. Lastly, the Brahma Temple is one of the three Hindu Temples in the Eastern group of temples in Khajuraho, dedicated to Lord Vishnu. At the conclusion of your tour, you will be brought back to your hotel in Khajuraho.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
SITA World Tours
New Delhi, India
Joined in August 2019
#6 of 147 Fun & Games in New Delhi
- 330kevalp00misleading informationstop saying believed to be ram birthplace for Ayodhya. it is a birthplace. it is misleading, are you trying please someone, illiterate Indian historian.
- shyloon00No place for the differently enabledWent with member who has mobility issues and needs to use wheelchair Very very disappointed at the absence of wheelchair ramps Even the Dhyanalinga has no ramp for those who have mobility issues, to perform abhishek The bullock carts to Adi Yogi statue also do not allow wheelchairs Are differently enabled humans not welcome at Isha? The entrance has no signs or information Volunteers give out contrarian confusing instructions Wake up Isha! Get with the program Old age wisdom dispensed generously at new age speed calls for more empathy and inclusion beyond international volunteers wearing pristine white Sadhguru … hope this review gets to you
- randjtaylor33000Fairly land New Delhi styleIt was truly amazing to see the street of New Delhi lite up and India Gate as well as the Presidential Palace aglow.
- AkhilV17000A walk Through Karnala Bird SanctuaryBeing there with my kid of 1 year old , I was not that able to explore all the trails deeply. We reached the place almost by 3.30 pm. Evening time was quite good to reach there as temperature was quite adequate to walk through the sanctuary and feel the breeze flowing. Was not see any sort of birds in the woods. But my baby was able to walk through the roads and was happy to see the monkeys roaming. As i saw the happiness of my baby. I would say the place was ok. 👍 Other than that , nothing much.
- Paradise5439565548800Viva la Vidaproperly planned tour programme helped me to enjoy the activities to the fullest without getting too exhausted.
- FionaGDC00A Jewel“The Imperial“ is just the perfect place to stay in New Delhi. The hotel is a jewel – classy, heritage/colonial style and modern in one. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly. I have been many times there and every time it is a great experience. Pool area is wonderful, Spa offers you utmost recreation – especially Margareth (therapist) gave me a striking massage for my tense back and stiff neck; Gym/Yoga hall are best equipped. Breakfast is at is best so as service and ambiance at the “1911 Restaurant“ are great.
- 551bobbid00Private Tours need to be unique from Big Bus ToursWe booked a private tour for the 4 of us. Istanbul and Cappadocia. Our guide met us at the airport and got us to the hotel. We had a tour of various mosques, monuments and lunch. We then flew to Cappadocia with the same guide. Stayed at an amazing hotel - Tafoni Cave Hotel. Service and Staff were amazing. Our tour in Cappadocia was to be private but we ended up going to all the places Big tour buses go. We did appreciate the history and information from our guide, but the lunch spots were with other Big tour buses. As a small group of 5 total we should have been able to go to other restaurants away from the masses. Also as Canadians they should know we enjoy a cold beer or wine at lunch/dinner. We were taken to restaurants that did not serve these beverages. We also toured a pottery and jewelry stores which big bus tours also toured. Lastly - once we returned back to Istanbul we stayed at the AJWA hotel. Though it was impressive - again no beer/wine to be served. Perhaps Sita needs to read who they are working with and adjust the tour, restaurants and accommodations accordingly. The main reason we picked a private tour is so we could get an unique experience different from the mass tours. The cost for a private tour is much more expensive than the big bus tours - so perhaps it is needed to take extra thought and consideration when coming up with the itinerary.
- vanabb00Snake cultThis is a cult. A snake cult. Many foreigners in white linen shirts and badges, not too friendly, all really feels off. The statue itself is big, to be sure. An interesting place to walk around though. If you are here make time to visit the main compound. You will see that the 'Temple of Doom' was actually a documentary. My Indian collegue was lamenting how all of the young people here were brainwashed and wasting their lives with this nonsense.
- prajnyababli12300ENVISION A PLEASING MEAL AT THE COASTAL PARK:-It was Dad’s birthday on the 2nd of July, this year of 2023! Besides the number of calls that we receive on this day every year, something special and exciting had to be planned especially for Dad on his big day! So, off we went by car in the evening by 7PM to a famous joint called “The Coastal Park” a family restaurant with AC dining area! Over the recent years The Coastal Park is known especially for it’s seafood, Goan and authentic Mughlai cuisine that most families enjoy over here and that certainly suits all tastes and moods! So, I ordered an array of delicious dishes that we would enjoy chowing down for dinner! To begin with I ordered a delectable platter of starters like Chicken Tikka Tandoori, Prawns Golden Rawa Fry, South Indian style Pepper Chicken Fry and glasses of Fresh Sweet Lime Juice which was indeed a great begining! While consuming the appetizers I was still scanning the menu options to order for the main course which ought to be jawdroppping luscious for the evening! The “Chicken Tikka Tandoori” dish was prepared well and chunks of Chicken meat for this dish was marinated at first with Indian spices and then roasted in the tandoor which made it softer and certainly delicious! The “Prawns Golden Rawa Fry” made with Giant Tiger prawns and the crunchy Rawa coated on it was a scrumptious dish to savor! The best starter I ever had was the “South Indian style Pepper Chicken” which was infused with a dash of Pepper powder, with slices of onions and capsicum which emanated a divine aroma! That was all for appetizers! To relish the main course, I ordered Chicken Tikka Butter Masala a kind of the earlier version but a truly exceptional dish to tantalize our taste buds! With this a side dish called “Reshmi Kabab” which was marinated and then tossed with egg foam was included in the main items! Fresh hot Butter Garlic Naan pieces made out of maida was also brought to be eaten along with the rich gravy! Finally, large sized “King Fish Masala Fry” was also brought in which was too enticing to be refused! Well all the items we had eaten and the whiff of the fragrant aromas of each of the dishes was indeed distinct and that’s what makes our Indian cuisine unique! I recommend that visitors should try out Indian cuisine at “The Coastal Park” and I too would come back for more with my family again!
- 262sureshg00Great food with limited optionsBukhara restaurant at ITC Maurya offers delicious food with a limited menu. The ambiance is superb, creating a classy and enjoyable dining experience. Manager Rahul went above and beyond to ensure the guests felt well taken care of. Overall, a memorable dining experience with great service.
- Climber5837824342800Happy stayall employees are so good special rina kumari.One of the best resort I have visited till now. The receptionists were really helpful and friendly. Great staff who knew how to serve the customer. The room was well equipped and the service was excellent. From the balcony, we could view the sea and feel the cool breeze. The location of our room was absolutely perfect. As soon as you come out of the resort, we just need to cross the road and there is a direct path leading to the beach. It felt like a private beach, very clean and clear water, a very good place to relax and chill. The scenery was beautiful and it was a relieve to walk in such a quiet and peaceful environment
- balasubramanian1684700Isha Yoga centreIsha Yoga centre is one of the tourist attractions and is situated on the foot hills of western ghats in Coimbatore. Very big statue of Bhagawan Shiva is there and vast area. Bus facilities and parking facilites are available and it is free for entrance.
- Jikemones8200Best TukTuk driver in JodhpurDilip met us off the train in Jodhpur, he managed to squeeze us and our luggage into his tuk tuk, which brought many laughs from us all. He dropped us off at our hotel and with no pressure he offered his number so he could take us on a personal tour, which we took the opportunity to do. He looked after us and took us to some beautiful spots within the city. We highly recommend Dilip, he’s a funny guy with lots of knowledge of Jodhpur and goes out of his way to look after you! :)
- Adige12300Wonderful Old World Charm. You can spend hours studying the paintings and the Coat of Arms of the RajasThe Imperial Hotel is not new to me. In the period 1960s,70s, 80s, it was a colonial structure and the ambience was the main attraction with Delhi's famous market Connaught Place,next door. This hotel has morphed completely into an upper end habitat. Superbly restored with an old world charm. Now for my review. My wife and I , dropped in for lunch a few days ago at the restaurant at the Imperial called 1911. Very good menu and the service was great. Good old Golden Crumb Fried Fish( with international quality tartare sauce) and possibly the best ever vegetable broth. Made our day. The cooked vegetables here, are worth commenting on. So fresh, crunchy and tender. Have not seen this quality anywhere in India or abroad. It was a Sunday. The brunch buffet was on. We were amazed to see the cold seafood. Oysters, lobsters, squid. All great quality. Our compliments go out to the Sr.VP. Louis Saifer, F&B Director Surender Singh Thakur, and Service specialists Anoop and Atul. Highly recommended for tourists and business visitors. The beautiful rooms now, in off-season are priced attractively. Like I said , food and service is wonderful. The four specialty restaurants are also good. Though I have not been there lately. Try out the Imperial.
- NL60600Cocktails and high teaNot high tea, but cocktails! Santari sling and Pineapple cardamom martini, designed by Mr Aman, and served in style by Mr Nikhil. Perfect for high tea, or breakfast, or any other time, really
UNESCO's Eastern Temples at Khajuraho - A Walking Tour provided by SITA World Tours
Product Overview: UNESCO's Eastern Temples at Khajuraho - A Walking Tour
Number of Photos