Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Pula, situated near the base of the Istrian peninsula, is the largest city in Istria. Its most famous attraction, the well preserved Roman amphitheatre, is one of the most famous sights in the whole of Croatia.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- Pass byRijeka Central Market
- 1Amphitheatre de PulaStop: 5 hours - Admission includedPula, like the rest of the region, it is known for its mild climate, smooth sea, beautiful beaches, and unspoiled nature. The city has a long tradition of winemaking, fishing, shipbuilding, and tourism. It has also been Istria's administrative centre since ancient Roman times. The most famous and important monument, the starting and ending point of every sightseeing tour is the Amphitheater, popularly called the Arena of Pula, which was once the site of gladiator fights. It was built in the 1st century AD during the reign of Emperor Vespasian, at the same time as the magnificent Colosseum in Rome. Today it is the venue for summer performances, which can seat about 5,000 spectators. The underground passages, once used by the gladiators, nowadays host a regular exhibition of viticulture and olive growing in Istria in ancient times. The exhibits include reconstructions of machines once used for the production of olive oil, wine and amphorae used for storing and transporting olive oil and wine. During our tour you will come across numerous monuments of Roman architecture: the Triumphal Arch of the Sergi from the 1st century B.C., Hercules’ Gate and Twin Gates, the Temple of Augustus, Arena and Small Roman Theatre in the town centre. Historical attractions aside, Pula is a busy commercial city on the sea that has managed to retain a friendly small-town appeal. Although marred with residential and holiday developments, the coast is dotted with fragrant pine groves, seaside cafes and a clutch of good restaurants. A unique experience will be moments of relaxation in the main town square, which has managed to retain its role as the meeting place since the Augustan Age.Read more
- Pula city tour
- Pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Amphitheatre de Pula
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- After the booking please provide additional information (all customer names, hotel details, pick up details etc.)
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: cruise name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: CroTrips - Tours & Shore Excursions
Driver picked us up from the hotel had a great day beautiful scenery and the driver was passionate about his countr…
Crazy place but interesting
As part of a doctors group we were asked to help out on the childrens hospital ....and we visited these caves on th…
A really interesting and scenic day
We had an excellent driver in Dajan who is very knowledgeable about the area. We went inland and saw old villages, …
Greatest tour from Rijeka
Thanks to the team of Cro trips it was a wonderful experience. Not only the landscape, history and places visited d…
- Duration: 7h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, German, Italian
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Ports of Call Tours
Frequently Asked Questions about Pula Day Trip from Rijeka
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Pula Day Trip from Rijeka on Tripadvisor
- Pula Day Trip from Rijeka price starts from $157.04. Discover and book Pula Day Trip from Rijeka on Tripadvisor
- Pula Day Trip from Rijeka cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Pula Day Trip from Rijeka on Tripadvisor
- Pula Day Trip from Rijeka is hosted by CroTrips - Tours & Shore Excursions. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact CroTrips - Tours & Shore Excursions on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Pula Day Trip from Rijeka on Tripadvisor