Get a personal introduction to Medellín’s colorful neighborhoods by your fluent English, local private guide from the tour company responsible for investing in sustainable tourism projects that have aided local residents, musicians and graffiti artists in the Comuna 13. Be mesmerized with the elaborate street art by talented artists who went from dodging bullets to creating masterpieces. Learn the intricacies as you meet the local community and learn about the transformation in this neighborhood that was considered the most dangerous one in the world. Take a safe ride in the cable car and enjoy incredible vistas of the city and neighborhood from the top of the summit in Aurora cable station. Delight your taste buds as you delve into a vast array of mystical fruits straight from the exotic marketplace. Learn about the nutritional benefits while you savor exotic fruits that are unique to our region and much more on this 4 hour tour!
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: German, English, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from central Medellin Poblado and Laureles only
- Transport by private vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Fruit tasting in the market
- Entry/Admission - Escaleras Electricas De La Comuna 13
- Entry/Admission - Medellin
- Entry/Admission - Medellin
- Food and drinks in Comuna 13
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Departure Point: Your accommodations in Medellin only (Poblado and Laureles sectors). For guests staying in counties outside the city a meeting point will be given.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 29265P26
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Comuna 13 and exotic fruits Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Comuna 13 and exotic fruits Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Comuna 13 and exotic fruits Tour?
- Comuna 13 and exotic fruits Tour price starts from $91.29. Discover and book Comuna 13 and exotic fruits Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Comuna 13 and exotic fruits Tour cancellation policy?
- Comuna 13 and exotic fruits Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Comuna 13 and exotic fruits Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Comuna 13 and exotic fruits Tour?
- Comuna 13 and exotic fruits Tour is hosted by Medellin Travels. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Medellin Travels on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Comuna 13 and exotic fruits Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 29265P26
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Escaleras Electricas De La Comuna 13Stop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Estación metro san javierStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3PLAZA DE MERCADO LA AMÉRICAStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in October 2015
#56 of 631 Tours & Activities in Medellin
- maexsd00Traveled 10+hours for true facts of narcosWoww. I literally booked this reservation right before getting onto a flight from CA to 🇨🇴. Didnt realize it was a private tour but appreciated it was! Our guide David was super informative and knows his history. The only thing I didn't like was the traffic. Lol. But it was peak time on a Thursday. I'm sure there was no way to avoid it. I started the Netflix show Narcos but never finished it. After the tour I started watching it in our hotel room 🤣 Highy recommend this tour. I hope
- sara_b_n_xo00Action packed, beautiful views, fly like a bird!David Garzón helped me get set up for this paragliding tour and Ana is the tour guide who was so gracious and sweet for the whole paragliding experience! Ana made great conversation and had lots of helpful recommendations for authentic local experiences. I had an amazing time paragliding for the first time ever and it was a truly magical and unforgettable adventure. The tour company sets you up with a Go Pro so you can document your experience, and it was so exhilarating to fly high with the birds. I believe Diego was the paragliding instructor, I felt safe with him as he has flown over 10,000 times. My only suggestion is to take Dramamine beforehand if you are prone to motion sickness (I will do this next time).
- sara_b_n_xo00Incredible thrill seeking time for the adrenaline junkie!I had such an exhilarating time on this solo ATV tour! David Garzón was my tour guide, he was excellent at making the experience fun and seamless. I had plenty of time to race around the countryside on an ATV. If you are an adrenaline junkie and love thrilling experiences I would highly recommend this tour. I really want to go again!
- sara_b_n_xo00A truly fascinating bucket list tour of Escobar!David Garzón was our tour guide for this experience and he did an incredible job of explaining Pablo Escobar’s history. The Catedral was so fascinating and the view from the mountain was stunning. All the other sights we saw were equally impressive and awe inspiring. We were so stoked we got to meet Pablo’s surviving sister and one of his bodyguards! We even got photos with them and got to ask them questions. They both happened to be present at Pablo’s burial site. David is very knowledgeable of Escobar’s history and the history of the cartel in Colombia. We really enjoyed all of his explanations and found him to be very thoughtful and insightful. We loved the tour so much in fact that we also did the ATV tour! Thank you David!
- Stacy Z00Amazing, informative, real deal tourThat was awesome! We learned so much about the real history with our guide, David. We really could not recommend this tour enough. It was great to have frank conversations about the Escobar cartel, visit La Caterdal, his grave, the place he met his demise, all of it. We were able to see a lot of Medellin and the stories that went with the barrios. Excellent tour.
- AZTravelingMatt00Medellin, Guatape and Pablo in 2 daysI took 2 tours with Medellin travels. My first tour was Guatape with El Penol - a fun day - great views and an opportunity to experience a lively and colorful Colombian gem outside Medellin. There are many opportunities to take great photos, shop and eat delicious street foods and in cafes. My second tour was the Pablo Escobar tour which included La Catedral. An interesting tour that visits many sites around Medellin that are part of the Pablo Escobar story and legend. La Catedral is worth a visit for the views alone, but the 'prison' is part of the Pablo story you have to see to believe. Medellin Travels was easy to book with and communicate with. Everything was taken care of, including comfortable transportation, guide and and stops along the way for comfort, food and shopping.
- Lourdes T00We loved this tour so much!This tour was exactly what we were looking for. Our tour guide Gustavo was amazing. He came to pick us up on time, the communication was great and he was professional. It rained at some point but he got multiple umbrellas ready and gave it to us, he also parked in convenient places. He is very knowledgeable and explained things in a way that was interesting and engaging. This tour worth the money you pay for, for us it was important to have easy transportation and have flexible time to stroll around without stressing about time and following an agenda. If I ever come back to Medellin, I would use this company again and for sure ask for Gustavo to be our guide.
- MikeT2654300Great tour for familiesCarlos was a good tour guide, he was knowledgeable and patient. He knew went to talk, and when not. He was patient and helpful. It was my self, my mother and 5yo daughter
- lisaaJ5990UU00Lack of knowledge from the guideOn time, friendly guides. The ease of travel between locations was good. However, I felt like the guide didn't offer a lot of information and when we asked follow up questions, the answers we received didn't always seem to add up (either they contradicted previous information or contradicted provided photos).
- lens49400The amazing Ana creates a sense of family while presenting a breadth of informationWe took 4 tours (Guatape, private city tour, Communa 13, organic coffee farm) with this amazing tour guide over four days. Over that time, we felt deeply embraced by Ana's concern for the safety of each of us and her personal commitment to our learning about the history of Medellin and Colombia. As a journalist, the amazing Ana told the story of Medellin’s difficult history with nuance and honesty. Our group ranged in age from two years old to eighty, Ana brought her warmth and attentiveness to each of us. Her English is impeccable. When glitches occurred (the cable cars stopped functioning for a time) she found alternate solutions with calm and creativity, and even attended to our need for food. I could write a book, but will end by saying you will not find a better tour guide anywhere! The drivers were also friendly and responsive.
- Stephen P00Well worth it!Great tour, David did an awesome job. Would highly recommend! Learned a lot of things that I did not know and got some great pictures as well.
- Aury C00I hope to see you again Davinsson FlorianYour safe and efficient service has made my journeys comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you for going above and beyond to ensure a smooth and pleasant experience. Your exceptional skills behind the wheel have not gone unnoticed. Thank you for your outstanding service!
- X3987ZQsamc00Amazing experience - 10/10Our guide Carlos was a legend, he was so friendly and knowledgeable. He answered all our questions and even showed us great places to eat and drink and answered questions about Medellin. It is 100% worth upgrading to meet Gloria, she was amazing and even gave my wife her earrings which floored us with her generosity. Carlos deserves a payrise, he makes the tour!! Thanks Carlos!! Hope to see you again.
- Road0316588302400An absolute mustEverything about this tour was amazing. Lina did a fantastic job ensuring we knew exactly what was going on and even rearranged our tour when our flights were delayed. Amazing! Carlos was the best tour guide we’ve ever had traveling the world and very much felt like part of the family showing us his beautiful home city. This is not an exploitative tour cashing in on terrible events, but rather a wonderful experience seeing how a community turned tragedy into beauty. It’s also not just an outdoor museum experience, the entire community is alive and a ton of fun. The hills are steep, but well worth it!
- Road0316588302400Great little family farm tourCafe Cereza was an amazing little family coffee farm. You really get to see and feel every part of the process and experience what it takes to run a very small and artisanal operation. Carlos was a fantastic guide! Best ever.
Buy it with
Comuna 13 and exotic fruits Tour provided by Medellin Travels
Product Overview: Comuna 13 and exotic fruits Tour
Number of Photos