GOD 2- MILITARY HISTORY OF CARTAGENA Shore excursions
By Cartagena Destiny Tours
On this tour, an expert guide will take you to back in time to the city beginnings. The first encounters between the invading Spanish and the indigenous calamari natives. The attacks perpetrated by different pirates, privateers (corsairs), buccaneers and philibusters throughout the colonial period. We also explain how independence wars prompted Colombia to start building its military force that later became known as Fuerzas Armadas de Colombia, the national army. We will visit: Naval Museum, San Felipe fortress (castle), Las bóvedas. In each one of them, we also touch on the recent history of Cartagena as part of Colombia conflicts with guerrilla groups, drug trafficking (Medellin and Cali Cartels), Paramilitary groups, constitutional amendments, Extradition in Colombia, Narco guerrilla as well as Colombia´s peace talks and agreements.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 3–4 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Bottled water
- A bottle of water or a cold beer.You can choose betwen this options !
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- • Visit to the San Felipe fortress(castle)
- • Refreshments
- • Visit at Las Bóvedas
- • Visit to the Naval museum
- Entry/Admission - Museo Naval Del Caribe
- Entry/Admission - Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas
- Entry/Admission - Las Bóvedas
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Meeting point for passangers arrving in Cruise Ships : You need to walk like 700 feet from cruise ( or take the shuttle bus) and we will be there for you with the sign with your name
- Rafael Nunez Airport, Cartagena Colombia
- PORT OF CARTAGENA Sociedad Portuaria de Cartagena
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 75465P22
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with GOD 2- MILITARY HISTORY OF CARTAGENA Shore excursions?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book GOD 2- MILITARY HISTORY OF CARTAGENA Shore excursions on Tripadvisor
- How much is GOD 2- MILITARY HISTORY OF CARTAGENA Shore excursions?
- GOD 2- MILITARY HISTORY OF CARTAGENA Shore excursions price starts from $154.67. Discover and book GOD 2- MILITARY HISTORY OF CARTAGENA Shore excursions on Tripadvisor
- What is the GOD 2- MILITARY HISTORY OF CARTAGENA Shore excursions cancellation policy?
- GOD 2- MILITARY HISTORY OF CARTAGENA Shore excursions cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book GOD 2- MILITARY HISTORY OF CARTAGENA Shore excursions on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides GOD 2- MILITARY HISTORY OF CARTAGENA Shore excursions?
- GOD 2- MILITARY HISTORY OF CARTAGENA Shore excursions is hosted by Cartagena Destiny Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Cartagena Destiny Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book GOD 2- MILITARY HISTORY OF CARTAGENA Shore excursions on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 75465P22
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Museo Naval Del CaribeStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Castillo de San Felipe de BarajasStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Las BovedasStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Walled City of CartagenaStop: 45 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Tour with Mr JJ
My family and I had an amazing experience in Cartagena, with Mr JJ he was very prompt, knowledgeable, and took care…
ABSOLUTE BEST EXPERIENCE
I re-learned my city thanks to Cartagena Destiny Tours. As a native Cartagenero, I was able to return to my birthpl…
Beautiful Proud People
It was an honor to visit the people they have such an amazing story to tell. Awesome tour guide and driver.
Bike tour was great
Jesus deserves 10 stars. He was very knowledgeable about his city... He had a perfect blend of biking rest stops. …
A very informative and enjoyable afternoon
My guide Jesus has a passion for his city and its history. He knows dates and all interesting facts. We rode throug…
Very informative and fun afternoon
My guide Jesus has a passion for his city and its history. He knows dates and all interesting facts. We rode throu…
It was so much fun! And I can't even wear jewelry!
I didn't want to go, but the other 3 in my party were enthusiastic. Then it turned out to be a very fun event. Ther…
Not what we expected
So we went to the tour this morning thinking it would consist of what we paid for. We paid for an adult and a child…
Beautiful raw stones and unexpected costs
The trip to the jewelry making class was part of the an excursion we booked on with Holland America cruise line. Be…
Private Tour of Cartagena
Great day with Lee Miles’ crew!! Lee himself met us right at the end of the pier as promised, where we paid him in …
Emerald Jewelry Making and Emerald Museum Tour
We went on this excursion offered through Holland America Cruise line. It was our first visit to Columbia and Cart…
Extraordinary tour And people
I took the bicycle tour in Cartagena. It was amazing, funny and cultural. We visited different parts of the old cit…
An amazing city requires this amazing tour
I met Jose in a salsa bar and we quickly became good friends. I decided to take his tour and it was everything I co…
Fantastic service, great location, delicious food and beverages. Stuff were very friendly and helpful. Good family …
Great architecture tour
I you do one tour in Cartagena, make it Jose's architecture tour. He's not only a tour guide but also a licensed ar…