Provide you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get close to this special black and white holy animal you ever wanted. The tour proposal is very convenient with the hotel pick up and drop-off. A professional English tour guide will let you know all about pandas, your friendly driver and private transfer will make your trip more comfortable.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 4–5 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private transportation
- English-speaking guide
- Admission of Dujiangyan panda center
- Honorary certificate and souvenir from Panda Center
- Transfer to airport after tour(only if option is selected)
- Admission and shuttle bus of Dujiangyan Water Project(only if option is selected)
- Entry/Admission - Dujiangyan Panda Base
- Volunteer and donation fee 130 USD please pay on your travel day
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Departure point: Free picking up service from your city hotel or residence in Chengdu (all hotels within 3rd Ring Road), if you stay outside the 3rd Ring Road, then need to be picked up at the main gate of Wuhouci, or please contact us in advance to arrange to be picked up from your hotel or airport and pay extra cost to driver. Return point: Returns to original departure point or can be drop-off at the city center.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 5489P32
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Private Half Day Panda Volunteer Tour?
- Private Half Day Panda Volunteer Tour price starts from $115.90. Discover and book Private Half Day Panda Volunteer Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Half Day Panda Volunteer Tour cancellation policy?
- Private Half Day Panda Volunteer Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Half Day Panda Volunteer Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Half Day Panda Volunteer Tour?
- Private Half Day Panda Volunteer Tour is hosted by Sam Tour China. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Sam Tour China on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Half Day Panda Volunteer Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Private Half Day Panda Volunteer Tour?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Private Half Day Panda Volunteer Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 5489P32
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Dujiangyan Panda BaseStop: 2 hours - Admission includedMeet your friendly English-speaking guide at your hotel lobby. Learn all interesting facts about pandas from your knowledgeable guide, after 1.5 h driving you will start your exciting day at Dujiangyan panda center. Work with the keepers to clean up the enclosure for these lovely and special national treasure if you'd like to, prepare nutritious food for them, visit the giant pandas of all ages and also see adorable red pandas here. It will be once in your lifetime memorable experience to actually help these wonderful and rare animals. Our experienced driver will send you back to your city hotel safely before meal and end your amazing tour.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Sam Tour China
Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Joined in September 2019
#5 of 76 Outdoor Activities in Chengdu
- mingo600A+ tour guideDaniel was an excellent guide and catered the tour to our group and needs. Super attentive, knowledgeable and genuinely interested in giving us the best possible experience. He also gave us an awesome hotpot recommendation for dinner.
- Bernie M00A great experienceI had Madonna as my guide showing me around the panda centre and it was a lovely morning! She knew the best routes to take to see the pandas and knew a lot of information! Pictures were taken and she let me keep the ones taken on her Polaroid camera which is a nice keepsake! I had a great experience and can’t recommend her enough
- phillipyoon00Amazing day with pandasI had a great trip with my tour guide Worlie. She had such great knowledge of the centre and took me through the most efficient routes to let me see all the pandas on site without having to queue up. I would not have been able to do this tour without my tour guide. I highly recommend Worlie to anyone who is interested in seeing pandas during their stay in Chengdu!
- L5892FThilaryb00A great dayA busy venue so a guides knowledge is valuable. Rosalie’s English and personable nature were excellent.
- kindallt201600I had a great experienceWen was a great guide. She was kind, knowledgable, and understanding. She made the trip great and supported me during the entire experience. The ride to the Panda base was comfortable, and she created a comfortable experience for me at the base. She has ambition, and I enjoyed listening to her share her knowledge about the pandas.
- aoifes87800Mesmerised from the startFantastic and interesting show! There was a great atmosphere at the show and the acts were of great variety!
- F3681LUlucyb00The highlight of my trip to ChengduWhile you can travel to the panda breeding center on your own, the center is large and it’s easy to miss some of the exhibits! My tour guide June was super friendly and knowledgeable about the area. We got there before the crowds and had a pleasant walk around the many enclosures as June told me about the history of the center and the pandas in the exhibits. She knew exactly where to go to maximize our time. We got to the baby panda spot early in order to get a good spot to see him - something I would have totally missed going alone! This tour was certainly the highlight of my trip to Chengdu.
- 2TravelU00Wonderful experience for our family!Worley was extremely helpful before and during the trip! She helped us before to ensure we had all of the paperwork we needed and answered all if out questions promptly. Worley was knowledgeable about the Panda center and the area. She helped us arrange another tour and made our overall trip to Chengdu much easier and momorable. Thank you for going above and beyond... We truly appreciate it and highly recommend Worley to anyone coming to Chengdu!
- LBTravels199200Entertaining variety showGreat little variety show with a flavour of Sichuan culture and talent. The atmosphere is relaxed and you are served tea on your own table (with endless refills). The only complaint would be the heat and no AC, but there is a bamboo fan provided (if you don't mind fanning your wrist to death). The host gives a small introduction to each act, including an English translation, which is thoughtful and helpful. Overall, there is much talent on display, and I would definitely recommend this experience.
- Riccinni00Bike and Walk Tour of ChengduWorley was a great guide who took us to at least four major tourist attractions in Chengdu in four hours from pickup to our hotel at the W and back. She is very knowledgeable including history of religions, architecture, and is a big panda fan. The tour was not the typical bike ride we are used to where we stayed on bikes the majority of the time. We took the metro and walked around the places we visited on this tour and probably traveled on bike for about 10 km. It was a wonderful introduction of the city that allowed us to see Wenshu Monastery, Kuanzhai Alley, People’s Park, and Qingyang Palace. We were pressed on time otherwise Worley would’ve spent more time in the locations. Thank you, Worley, for the great tour!
- Marco10019200One of the best tour guides in chinaWorley picked us up in the early morning hours to show us around. The whole trip has been great and Worley is a great tour guide. Perfect English and knowledge about pandas and the surroundings. Recommend this to friends!
- A9915YBtomf00Experience of a lifetime for panda lovers !Delightful visit to the Panda breeding center. Happy time watching the pandas eating, playing, and resting around. Private tour, our guide came to pick us up at our hotel, and did a tremendous job sharing her knowledge about the pandas.
- kipperTX00100Wonderful morning at the Panda Base!We had a great morning with Worley. We were picked up promptly from the hotel. She was very informative and friendly. We picked a good time to go after the national holiday, and it was not so crowded. Would definitely recommend this tour.
- Adventure9834300Very entertaining time, performances I've never seen before.Very entertaining. The combination of acts is a great introduction of the various types of performances of this area. My two favorites were the hand-puppet, with the ribbon twirling, and the shadow puppets. Third place would be the face changers, although the comedy routine with the Sichuan couple was also great. If you're going to go, spend the extra bucks and get the A-class or VIP tickets, which includes the choice of snacks, ear cleaning, or costume wearing. I recommend the costume wearing wholeheartedly, that was a blast for our party of 4. Note also that A class and VIP seats are five seats around a table, versus B and C seats being seats on a long table.
- G6752TYsteveng00Fun day with pandas in ChengduWhat a fun time! The pandas were so cute and lovable. Our guide, Worley, was so sweet and helpful and friendly. Her English was fantastic and she was so knowledgeable about pandas. We appreciated that she always wanted to take pictures of us so we could have memories. The driver was also very professional and safe. Would recommend if you’re in Chengdu for a few days.