Red Panda Volunteer in Wolong Panda Base Private Tour
By My Panda Tours
To reveal the hidden part of the Hetaoping Wolong Panda Base. These are the highlights: a.Red Panda Volunteer Program: The volunteers will clean and prepare the food for the red pandas. Red pandas eat mostly bamboo, apples and panda cakes. b.Learn about wildness survival training program for captive raised bred pandas : At Hetaoping, cubs are prepared for release largely without human contact. They are raised by their mothers in large bushy enclosures until independent, then moved together to larger isolated compounds. Their only interaction with humans is with the keepers who deliver bamboo daily, dressed in panda suits liberally soaked in panda urine to cover the human smell. Anyone visiting the center must wear the urine-soaked suits. Training to survive in the wild is left to the mothers.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Red Panda Volunteering Fee
- Private Transportation
- Entry/Admission - Wolong Giant Panda Nature Reserve
- Personal expense
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up any hotels within the 3rd ring of Chengdu city. You will be collected an additional fee RMB100 for the hotel located outside the 3rd ring road. You will be collected an additional fee RMB 200 for Shuangliu airport pickup or drop-off. You will be collected an additional fee RMB 300 for Tianfu airport pickup or drop-off.
- Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, HW8X+XPM, Shuangliu, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
- 成都天府国际机场, China, Cheng Du Shi, Jian Yang Shi, 芦葭镇CN 四川省 成都市 武侯区 邮政编码: 610000
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 41200P24
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No physical contact touching or holding red pandas
- We collect the additional fee RMB100 for the hotel located outside the 3rd ring road
- We collect the additional fee RMB200 for Shuangliu airport pickup or drop-off
- Most travelers can participate
- We collect the additional fee RMB300 for Tianfu airport pickup or drop-off
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- A note from Red Panda Volunteer in Wolong Panda Base Private Tour
What you can expect during your visit
- *The requirements of red panda volunteering program: document of health examination.
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Red Panda Volunteer in Wolong Panda Base Private Tour?
- Red Panda Volunteer in Wolong Panda Base Private Tour price starts from $170.00. Discover and book Red Panda Volunteer in Wolong Panda Base Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Red Panda Volunteer in Wolong Panda Base Private Tour cancellation policy?
- Red Panda Volunteer in Wolong Panda Base Private Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Red Panda Volunteer in Wolong Panda Base Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Red Panda Volunteer in Wolong Panda Base Private Tour?
- Red Panda Volunteer in Wolong Panda Base Private Tour is hosted by My Panda Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact My Panda Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Red Panda Volunteer in Wolong Panda Base Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 41200P24
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Wolong Giant Panda Nature ReserveStop: 6 hours - Admission includedWolong Hetaoping Panda Base, as a part of the Wolong Giant Panda Nature Reserve, located at the southwest of Wenchuan County. It is the earliest base for giant panda breeding, which first constructed in 1980s. 07:00am-08:40am Drive to Wolong Panda Base 08:40am-09:00am Put on the suit and sign the agreement 09:00am-09:30am Drive to the red panda enclosures 09:30am-10:40am Prepare the food, clean the enclosures 10:40am-12:00pm Visit the semi-wild enclosures, the panda cubs being trained to be released into the wild 12:00pm-01:00pm Lunch 1:00pm-1:50pm Watch a documentary video 01:50pm-03:00pm Prepare the food 03:30pm-06:00pm Back to Chengdu *The itinerary is subject to change.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Best Experience. This is the only your tour co. to lookup up for panda tours in Chengdu. Alvin and team were perfect.
My Panda Tours in the only tour co. to look up in Chengdu. Alvin & team were first-class and were meticulous with k…
10/10 great experience
Nothing more to add, contacted Alvin very last minute, helped me (personally) to finish all tests I need. Punctua…
This really exceeded my expectations. Alvin was very helpful with setting up everything through wechat and was very…
Pandas and so much more!
This was a fantastic experience from start to finish. We were only briefly in Chengdu so Alvin helped us to arrang…
BEST panda experience in my life
We were leaded by Alvin, the most hospitality panda lover I’ve ever met. We started with cleaning panda’s house and…
Explore the Chengdu area with MyPanda Tours!
We were 3 foreign passport travelers who live in Shanghai and spent 3 days with MyPanda Tour with Jun, our driver, …
Excellent service from the start!
As I was planning to travel to China specifically to see pandas in 2018, I started communicating with Alvin a year …
Absolutely Must Do when you are in Chengdu!!
Panda lovers must visit Wolong Panda Base! I joined the volunteer tour alone and was guided by Sunny who is the sam…
Handwork and money to see Pandas!
Apologies that this review is little bit late. But it is a better experience if you had been to Chengdu panda base …
Exceptional Service from Day One! Amazing Experience!
I was directed to Alvin, the owner of My Panda Tour via several members of a private Facebook group dedicated to th…
4D3N Tour to Leshan, Ermeishan and Dujiangyan Panda Tour
This is my 2nd tour with the company. A few months ago I signed up for the Panda Volunteer program and thoroughly e…
Bucketlist trip to see pandas
Apologies that this review is half a year late. Going to on this panda excursion this past june was an experience o…
So great to see these incredible animals. A real privilege. The Chinese are doing great things to conserve these…
Red panda volunteer
It’s my second trip with My Panda Tour within 1 year. Alvin sent me photos of a lady surrounded by the cutest creat…
If you are thinking about this, do it. It is a little pricy, but where lease can you do something so amazing? I…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
I was able to creat a custom panda tour with My Panda Tours, and it was most definitely worth the price! I got to learn so much about pandas from my amazing tour guide Alex, who you know loves pandas! The experience of volunteering with the red pandas is truly an opportunity of a lifetime. Pandas are from Chengdu, so when you are in Chengdu you have to see the pandas! I also need to mention Alvin who helped make the best possible day!
Written October 9, 2021
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.