The personal drivers we provide are professional drivers who serve foreign tourists all year round. They will do a good job of safety and service!Although there are no tour guides, we provide a textual introduction to the Leshan Giant Buddha, which greatly reduces your expenses. In order to save your costs we do not include tickets, you can buy them after arrival, guests over 65 years of age do not need the full cost or free!
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 6–8 hours
Start time: Check availability
: Japanese, English
Print or digital reading material such as a guide, map, brochure, etc.
What's not included
- special dishes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Tourist guide
- Entry/Admission - Leshan Giant Buddha (Da Fo)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Your personal driver picks you up in the hotel lobby with your name at 8:00 in the morning and arrives at Leshan Giant Buddha in about 2 hours.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 101352P27
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Leshan Giant Buddha Tour and Special Food?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Leshan Giant Buddha Tour and Special Food on Tripadvisor
- How much is Leshan Giant Buddha Tour and Special Food?
- Leshan Giant Buddha Tour and Special Food price starts from $96.42. Discover and book Leshan Giant Buddha Tour and Special Food on Tripadvisor
- What is the Leshan Giant Buddha Tour and Special Food cancellation policy?
- Leshan Giant Buddha Tour and Special Food cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Leshan Giant Buddha Tour and Special Food on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Leshan Giant Buddha Tour and Special Food?
- Leshan Giant Buddha Tour and Special Food is hosted by Panda China Go. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Panda China Go on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Leshan Giant Buddha Tour and Special Food on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 101352P27
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Leshan Giant Buddha (Da Fo)Stop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2LeshanStop: 40 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Panda China Go
Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Joined in November 2017
#18 of 148 Tours & Activities in Chengdu
- iris_eles00Great day trip to see the Giant Buddha and HuanglongxiThis was such a fun little trip made much more convenient by my guide/driver. He helped with all the busy work such as buying tickets, guiding me to entrances, and finding convenient parking while also giving in-depth knowledge about the local history as well as food/shopping/tourist recommendations. He even gave me some insider tips on how best to visit a couple of other Sichuan tourist destinations when I mentioned my itinerary for the rest of the trip which were so helpful. I highly recommend this trip if you're looking for a personal driver for the day that's a little more personal than the average tour package. I was able to hit all the spots I wanted to visit, take my time, not be rushed along, and still get back to Chengdu in time for dinner.
- barwin202300Excellent tour with safety drive.We have found in this product exactly what we have looked for. It was no guide drive from Chengdu to these two amazing places. Our driver has pick us up very punctual from hotel lobby. The car was comfortable with air condition. We have received two bottles of water per person. Our driver was very good expired in the variable traffic. He has taken us to the Leshan and assisted us by the ticket office. We had enough time to visit the complex of temples and statue. No time pressure. After that the driver has taken us to the ancient city and let us the time to visit the village in piece. Thank you for the tour and 100% recommendation.
- newton888800The right solution for this unforgettable excursionFinding the right solution for this excursion to two of China's important tourist sites is not an easy task. This programme turned out to be the best solution for me and it offered excellent value for money. I saw that all of "the private tours with tour guide" are very expensive indeed (with entry and lunch included). However, what I needed was a private driver who could guide me to the entry points of the Panda Centre in Chengdu, as well as to the Giant Buddha in Leshan - but I did not want to have to listen to a guide all day or to be taken to some restaurant (or even shopping at selected merchants). I wanted privacy but independence. That is what I got at a much more reasonable price. I was picked up from the hotel in a comfortable limousine. I had the driver that everyone else has been praising on this site. He is indeed careful and smooth at the wheel, keeps his distance, and he steered us safely through a bout of some very heavy rain. He accompanied me to all of the ticket offices and, once I was equipped with all of the paper-work (paid myself), I was set to enjoy these impressive Chinese sights. It was a very successful occasion - but be prepared for a full day of tourism!
- nataliepA4067TB00Great day exploring Leshan and the Ancient townMr Wu was an excellent tour guide. He was professional, friendly, and very helpful. We had a great day on this trip.
- keikoi77100Great day tour to visit Leshan Buddha with our guide Wu WeiOur driver and guide Wu Wei was professional and attentive. Clean car and he made sure we are comfortable (temperature of the car, bottle of waters, bathroom stop, and offer us some tangerine snack). His English is limited, but with translation app we communicated each other fine. He helped us purchase ticket for the boat tour to see the Buddha from the river (70RMB). If you want to walk up to the Buddha, you have to purchase an additional ticket which we didn’t do due to our schedule. According to our guide hike up to the Buddha is approximately 2 to 3 hours. Make sure bring your driver’s license or passport (required for ticket purchase). When we back from the boat tour, He suggested us to try local food for a lunch. On the way back from the Buddha we stopped at Huanglongxi Ancient town. The town has many small and some narrow alleyways and lots of small local shops (street food venders, tea houses etc.). We are in Chengdu for a business trip. This tour was perfect day tour for someone with limited time and want to see outside of Chengdu city.
- ISKL00PandamaniaThis trip to the panda sanctuary was fantastic. My driver, WuWei, arrived early and had a sign with my name on it. This allayed any fears about whose car I was going to get in. The pandas had just been fed. I got some amazing photos and videos which delighted my little heart. I posted 50 on Facebook and was afraid people would just "Like" and not look. My friends were as enamored with these black and white stuffed toys come to life as I was. I wanted to ride the trolley but ever figured out how. The Tea room was closed and unkept. :( The toilet I went in was dirty. The grounds were well-kept. Walking paths are peaceful and well-maintained. The animals for the most part seemed content--the pandas happily chomped on the bamboo stalks. I would definitely go again.
- 123pordiego00Incredible Experience with Wu Cheng!If you are looking to have an incredible trip ask for Wu Cheng. He is very professional and give his 100% to help you in anything you need. He was all the time nice and very flexible with the time and the places you want to visit. I strongly recommend this tour and to him. About the Buddah, please consider weather conditions and the fact that you have to go downstairs and upstairs. It worth it, but will require some physic condition to get it.
- efelenia00Great tourOur tour did not include an English speaking guide but the Chinese driver was more than efficient. He was very helpful and kind and gave us valuable information about Chengdu. Also safe driving which is not always the case in China.The car was very comfortable. The driver picks you up at the hotel and drives you back there. The Giant Buddha is amazing and you can either visit by boat or a short hike in the mountain. Definitely worth seen. This tour is highly recommended!
- camilacd00Worth itWu was very nice and he cared about all the details, like taking me to have lunch at the best dumplings of Leshan. Some clarification that I was not aware is that you enter by yourself to the Buddha and to the Pandas.
- Cay_lime00Great Fun! Awesome Guide!This was a great trip to see the Pandas outside of the city. We enjoyed seeing the countryside. Our guide was great. He was full of interesting stories and facts and worked really hard to make everything just perfect. We enjoyed the Pandas immensely. We would highly recommend this trip and this tour operator. It was a great time and memorable experience. We truly appreciated the attention to detail,the communications and the effort put out by our driver/guide. My brother and I had a great time. Thank you!
- p775201800Panda TourPanda are adorable, the Chengdu panda Breeding Research Center is beautiful and very green. After panda base, we driving 1 hour to Sanxindui museum, few people here, bronze tree is fantastic.And our driver Mr Yan was very nice man, highly recommend he. Helpful and caring.
- wwc3gh00Panda tourGreat experience in Chengdu, our guide Katy did a fabulous job getting us to see the panda in panda base. Lots of people here, thanks to her we managed to see panda. I will recommend pandachinago travel company highly to my friends & family.Thanks for our driver, he is very friendly and helpful.
- mee29q00Chengdu panda tourBecause the hot weather, we only saw panda through the window from the air conditioner room. The 2 month baby panda was adorable. Our driver was very helpful and friendly, he always supply us a cold water. Enjoyed the rental car service from pandachinago. Thanks!!!
- rose292250500Chengdu panda tourWe saw around 23 panda at the Chengdu panda base, they are so cute. We enjoyed a nice meal at the bamboo restaurant in panda base, highly recommend dishes: beef fry with onion. After lunch we have a Chengdu city tour, the bonsai garden are very beautiful, we love Chengdu, amazing food and friendly people. We will come back for panda volunteer.
- uwb2d800leshan giant buddha tourFrom Chengdu panda Breeding Research Center,about 3 hours driving to giant buddha, the rivers was flood, but we are lucky, the boats still working. Around 25 minuets on the boat, the boat stop in front of the Buddha, we have time take pictures here.The giant buddha was 71 meters tall, very magnificent. The temperature 34 °C, hot and humidity, if have choice, not coming the end of the July and beginning of the August.