Chengdu Wolong Panda Base Volunteer Experience Trip
By China Dream Tour Chengdu
Wolong Giant Panda Natural Reserve is the earliest, largest and best-known panda reserve in China. With the warm and humid climate favorable to bamboos, pandas' favorite food, it is an ideal place for the living and reproduction of giant pandas. Get the special opportunity to volunteer at Wolong Panda Base on this experience, including panda food making, panda enclosures cleaning and panda feeding, this panda experience will surely be one of the most memorable experiences of your life. Highlights: See lovely furry giant pandas at Wolong Panda Base Have a full day Giant Pandas volunteer experience Gain once-in-a-lifetime memory with Giant Pandas Informative, friendly and professional local tour guide Private tour is operated with just your party exclusively
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private transportation
- English-speaking tour guide
- Two bottles of mineral water
- Entrance ticket fee
- Lunch at the cafeteria
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Wolong Giant Panda Nature Reserve
- Donation of CNY900 per person to Panda Foundation for Panda Volunteering (Compulsory)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pickup from centrally located Chengdu hotels within the 3rd ring road, please provide your hotel information while booking. Extra transportation fee will occur for hotels outside the 3rd ring road, please contact local operator to get the extra fee after booking.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 63239P27
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Daily quota of 20 volunteers is imposed by the Panda Base
- Volunteer Program could be modified based on the health of the pandas
- Health certificate and passport copy are required for all passengers
- Please book 5 days in advance and provide documents after booking
- The age restriction of program is between 12 to 65 years old
- Donation to Panda Foundation for panda volunteering is compulsory, please bring cash on the travel date, the money raised from this activity will help the non-profit center to continue its vital research into this endangered species
- All activities relating to close contact with giant pandas have been suspended, this tour is for volunteer experience only, visitors could no longer hold a cub to take photos
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Chengdu Wolong Panda Base Volunteer Experience Trip?
- Chengdu Wolong Panda Base Volunteer Experience Trip price starts from $240.00. Discover and book Chengdu Wolong Panda Base Volunteer Experience Trip on Tripadvisor
- What is the Chengdu Wolong Panda Base Volunteer Experience Trip cancellation policy?
- Chengdu Wolong Panda Base Volunteer Experience Trip cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Chengdu Wolong Panda Base Volunteer Experience Trip on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Chengdu Wolong Panda Base Volunteer Experience Trip?
- Chengdu Wolong Panda Base Volunteer Experience Trip is hosted by China Dream Tour Chengdu. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact China Dream Tour Chengdu on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Chengdu Wolong Panda Base Volunteer Experience Trip on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Chengdu Wolong Panda Base Volunteer Experience Trip?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 10h. Discover and book Chengdu Wolong Panda Base Volunteer Experience Trip on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 63239P27
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Wolong Giant Panda Nature ReserveStop: 10 hours - Admission includedMeet your guide at your Chengdu hotel and drive to the Wolong Panda Base. The volunteers' work is mainly about two aspects, sweeping and feeding. Upon arrival, you will change into special uniforms and receive a short training in how to deal with the pandas. Your first chore is cleaning the panda enclosures and taking notes for record. After that, it is time to wash and carry fresh bamboo, prepare food like fruit, carrots and panda cakes, and distribute the food to the pandas. Then enjoy a lunch at the center's cafeteria, stroll around and watch panda documentary. In the afternoon, you will help to cleaning the indoor and outdoor enclosures and making panda food, or you might have chance to record panda behavior based on the keeper's schedule. You can take pictures of Giant Pandas and learn about each lovely panda. After this once-in-a-lifetime experience, you will receive a volunteer certificate and the satisfaction of contributing to a great cause, then drive back to your hotel.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point