Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding Tour in Chengdu
By VariArts Travel
On this half-day tour you will have the opportunity to see pandas play, feed, and lounge around at the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by taxi
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Entry/Admission - Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (Xiongmao Jidi)
- Food and drinks
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel in Chengdu city centre to start this tour.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 6139P668
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding Tour in Chengdu?
- Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding Tour in Chengdu price starts from $91.29. Discover and book Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding Tour in Chengdu on Tripadvisor
- What is the Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding Tour in Chengdu cancellation policy?
- Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding Tour in Chengdu cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding Tour in Chengdu on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding Tour in Chengdu?
- Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding Tour in Chengdu is hosted by VariArts Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact VariArts Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding Tour in Chengdu on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding Tour in Chengdu?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding Tour in Chengdu on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 6139P668
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (Xiongmao Jidi)Stop: 2 hours - Admission includedMeet your guide at the lobby of your hotel in Chengdu city centre to start this tour. Follow him or her by taxi to the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, a non-profit research and breeding facility for giant pandas and red pandas, peacocks, and black swans. Visit different sections of the center to get a full overview of a panda’s development, from a baby panda to the full-grown giant panda. Visit the baby garden, where you can see giant panda cubs that weigh only about 3.5 ounces (100 grams) at birth, and by the third month, they are able to walk on their own. After that stop at the sub-adult garden, where the adolescent pandas hang out. See the adult garden, which houses the giant pandas in all their full-grown glory. Take pictures of this endangered species eating bamboo, sleeping or frolicking about. Once the visit is finished, you will head back to your hotel at the downtown area. If you wish, your guide will help you find a great place to have lunch in central Chengdu.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Great place to visit the cute pandas. I didn’t quite like the enclosures as the glass makes it difficult for photo…
Free entry as a foreigner
Don't bother with pre-booking tickets. I was there in October 2019. I presented my passport at the ticket booth an…
Sichuan Opera: Shufeng in Chengdu
This was a fantastic experience for my children and I. The Opera was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed dressing u…
If you go yo Guilin it means you should take Li river Cruise, they pick you up from you hotel and the others from o…
Dynamic but limited show
The show is at times breathtaking in the physical dynamism of the performers. It is a great spectacle - superb colo…
Ticket at the gate
It was easy to buy tickets on the spot with cash. Locals use other Chinese apps for tickets and payment solution. I…
I didn't expect this show to be as high quality as it was. It was absolutely excellent and I will for sure go back …
A long line of boats but a fantastic view!
We had a giggle as we were expecting a leisurely cruise along the river but there were no less than 50 large ferrie…
One of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen, cannot vault the performance. There was snacks on site and the staff…
Good trip and park area with garden and temple of heaven. Also you can see a lot what chinese people do to relax an…
Waking The Great Wall
The Great Wall id a wonderful place to visit, to take pictures and video. If and when you visit The Great Wall drin…
Worthwhile trip with kids. My boys (10 & 6) really enjoyed the show and was one of their highlights of the trip
Trip advisor never sent me my voucher!
After having paid for my entrance weeks in advance, I was required to buy a brand new ticket upon entry because Tri…
Breathtakingly beautiful lakes
This group of 5 or 6 lakes connected by small water falls are is stunningly beautiful with the background snowy mou…
A super way to celebrate a Golden Wedding Anniversary!
We spent about five hours there on our wedding anniversary last July. It was a splendid experience. We took two fri…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Dec 2019 • Family
Written January 2, 2020
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.