Embark from Chengdu and enjoy a full-day tour of the Giant Buddha of Leshan. Carved from a riverfront mountainside, this ancient statue of Buddha is one of the most awe-inspiring attractions in Sichuan Province. Highlights: 1. See the Giant Buddha of Leshan, the largest stone statue of Buddha in the world 2. Climb the Buddha and enjoy amazing views from the top 3. Learn the fascinating history of the Giany Buddha at Lingyun Temple and Museum 4.Drift past the Giant Buddha on a river boat tour 4. Explore the beautiful region of Leshan
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: Chinese, English
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- The private car & private guide
- The Lunch and tickets
- Entry/Admission - Leshan Giant Buddha (Da Fo)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up from all hotels in central Chengdu
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 40944P218
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with 1-Day Chengdu Leshan Giant Buddha Private Tour With the Lunch and Boat tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book 1-Day Chengdu Leshan Giant Buddha Private Tour With the Lunch and Boat tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is 1-Day Chengdu Leshan Giant Buddha Private Tour With the Lunch and Boat tour?
- 1-Day Chengdu Leshan Giant Buddha Private Tour With the Lunch and Boat tour price starts from $242.06. Discover and book 1-Day Chengdu Leshan Giant Buddha Private Tour With the Lunch and Boat tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the 1-Day Chengdu Leshan Giant Buddha Private Tour With the Lunch and Boat tour cancellation policy?
- 1-Day Chengdu Leshan Giant Buddha Private Tour With the Lunch and Boat tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 1-Day Chengdu Leshan Giant Buddha Private Tour With the Lunch and Boat tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 1-Day Chengdu Leshan Giant Buddha Private Tour With the Lunch and Boat tour?
- 1-Day Chengdu Leshan Giant Buddha Private Tour With the Lunch and Boat tour is hosted by Chengdu One Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Chengdu One Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 1-Day Chengdu Leshan Giant Buddha Private Tour With the Lunch and Boat tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 40944P218
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1ChengduStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 2Leshan Giant Buddha (Da Fo)Stop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3ChengduStop: 10 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Chengdu One Day Tours
Chengdu, Sichuan, China
#21 of 148 Tours & Activities in Chengdu
- changtihuang00Excellent!The driver so nice and be punctual. We have wonderful experience here, panda so cute!!! How could you visit Chengdu without seeing panda!
- changtihuang00Nice!The drama so funny. It will provides you a lot of Chinese drama including changing face. Worth it !!! Nice to feel like ancient people seeing drama.
- Bedlo00Essential help for non chinese speaking touristsI bought two tickets last minute and Andy was very efficient and fast to complete the not simple advance reservation procedure that allowed us to enter in the Center on time for the noon turn. We really enjoyed this visit in the Panda Center and we're grateful with Andy because without his help most probably we wouldn't be able to reserve the tickets, especially last minute.
- Ants W00Big Panda is watching you!Thanks to Andy for the Ticket. Easy way to Get a Ticket. Take Subway to Panda Avenue and change there to Shuttlebus you will See in Station. Huge Area, Green , quiet and Big Pandas will watching you.
- brittl62400Great evening at the Chinese OperaI had one free evening in the area and I thought it would be fun to do something 😃 Very happy I found this activity, had the best time! The evening was filled with different people showing their unique talent (see some of them in the pictures below) The fact I didn't speak Chinese, didn't matter at all! Go and enjoy! 🎭 Andy, whom I booked with, communicated clearly leading up to the event, which I appreciated as well! Thanks Andy!
- krog3200Great Day TripThis tour was perfect for me. The communication with Andy leading up was great... he answered all my questions as I prepared. My guide in Chengdu (Mr. Mark) was on time to pick me up and even helped me find a good coffee on the way in. He led me to the best spots at the panda base and explained things as we went. I was able to stop as long or as little as I wanted throughout. Saw lots of pandas sleeping, eating and even playing. Huanglongxi was a nice addition after the pandas to see some of the local culture and we ate some delicious noodles for lunch. The town has some of the tourist vibe in the area near the front but, more local feel as you went in further. It was worth a visit.
- Mth8100Entertaining and unique experience in ChengduIt was a great experience, a show with variety of performances that will definitely keep you entertained and have a good time. They give you some tea and something to nibble. I really recommend to see the show
- 317sophieg00Half day panda self guidedSuper trip, very well organised and professional. Highly recommend! Organisation and communication very high via WhatsApp
- anakU5329ZM00Great expirienceIt was a great night. I sugest to take a vip tickets becuse you get geeat seats and you may to dress in costumes and have massage.
- 594lorrieg00Great experience!An amazing experience! Beautiful traditional chinese opera, with singers, actors, dancers, orchestra… with a cup of tea while you are watching it, fantastic night! Be careful, it’s open on the side, you are pratically outside, it’s a little bit cold!
- stevebY3111ZM00Chengdu must seeThese attractions are must see while visiting Chengdu. Mark, our tour guide, picked up our party of 6 at our hotel and drove northeast to the Panda Base. The entrance to the Base felt a little like Disney, but inside the habitats impressed, giving the impression of a research base rather than a zoo. Not all habitats had pandas in them, but we were able to get some good photos of the ones that did. There is a lot of walking and it can get crowded, as the paths wind around different areas. Mark shared some great information about pandas, but overall, this visit felt a bit short as there is a panda museum and some other attractions (panda musical?) that may be interesting. The drive to Leshan was a bit long, understandably since we booked during the national holiday. Lunch in Leshan was delicious and reasonably priced. We elected to see the Giant Buddha by river boat, which was fortuitous as it seems the hiking option was closed for repairs. That being the case, plus it being Golden Week, the wait to get on a boat was very long. It was worth it, as the Giant Buddha is impressive and well preserved. Thank you to Mark for being such a great tour guide. He was friendly and very knowledgeable about these attractions and the surrounding area. Mark also arranged Sichuan Opera tickets for us the following night, which is a blast and a must see while in Chengdu. We feel that the Panda Base and Leshan/Giant Buddha may be better enjoyed separately, but given our travel constraints, we are grateful for this experience.
- 926nirajs00Fun Authentic Experience!This was a really quick & fun thing to do on my trip to Chengdu. It felt pretty authentic. Unlike a lot of shows that feel like a tourist trap, this opera mostly only had locals in the audience. The decoration, the tea, the massage and most importantly the performances were all a very unique experience. The tour operator Andy is especially helpful. He has a lot of knowledge about the several things to do in Chengdu. If & When I go back there, I'll definitely try out a few more of the tours he's running.
- evalS2033DE00Perfect tripGood experience. I can feel my tout guide is very professional. He told many story and guide the route suiting me a lot
- Sharon T00Highly recommended for a great day.We had a half-day Panda visit followed by a half-day sight seeing with our guide Aline. Our guide was excellent. Aline spoke excellent English, was knowledgeable and tailored the trip for our needs and interest. Our driver was also excellent, polite and experienced. Car was practically new and comfortable. This made the short time we had very enjoyable and worthwhile.
- William M00Great Day Trip to Leshan's Giant BuddhaThe Buddha is a must see and Weaver gave the history of its making in detail as well as local lore and things to see and take note of. I highly recommend this guy as an excellent guide and personable advocate. Top notch!
1-Day Chengdu Leshan Giant Buddha Private Tour With the Lunch and Boat tour provided by Chengdu One Day Tours
Product Overview: 1-Day Chengdu Leshan Giant Buddha Private Tour With the Lunch and Boat tour
Number of Photos