Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price Guarantee
Mudu Water Town is know as 'the first town of Wuzhong' (Wuzhong means the centre area of the Wu kingdon in ancient China), is also one of the most famous six ancient water towns in China. Mudu Water Town unlike the other ancient water town in China, it has own features, the Xiangxi River (brook) and Xujiang River converges with each other here, the water ways shows a 'Y' shape and the layout for the folk houses along the water looks like bandings, classic and characteristic. Famous attractions, architectural culture, cultures for Chinese gardens, religions and folks can be found everywhere in this town.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mudu Ancient TownStop: 4 hours - Admission includedPick up service can be arranged at your Suzhou downtown hotel or Suzhou train station, you will find a welcome sign. And drive you to Mudu Water Town directly (around 40 minutes). Yan's Garden The Yans Garden is the former residence of Mr.Yan jiagan of Taiwan, which occupies 16 mu of land. An ancient magnolia has an extensive crown, blotting out the sun. As the legend goes, the tree was planted by Emperor Qianlong when he put up for the night at Shens Residence on his tour of the south of the Yangtze River. Built in the Ming Dynasty, the Emphasize Virtue Hall --the nanmu hall, with spacious volumes and imposing appearance, is rare in the region. What is even more characteristic is that the Four Seasons Garden has a layout of uneven density, zigzags, and appropriate ups and downs, with some parts exquisite and tasteful, deep and tranquil, graceful and restrained, demonstrating the builders’ unique art of construction. Professor Liu Dunzhen, a contemporary renowned architect calls this garden a “classical work of gardens south of the Yangtze River”. Hongyin Mountain Villa Hongyin Mountain Villa is sited 200 meters east of Yan's Garden. It is a famous private garden built during 1736 and 1795. The villa has a fantastic landscape of rivers, ponds, pavilioins, blooms and trees. These scenes as a whole form an impressed view for the visitors. Every time the emperor Qianlong visited Mudu town, he would visit the villa to see a play, taste tea and viewing the scenery. Bangyan Mansion Sited at the Xiatang Street, Bangyan Mansion was the former house of Feng Guifen, a well-known essayist in Qing Dynasty. The mansion features in three carvings, that is, brick carving, wood carving and stone carving. You also have chance to experience the China Rowing Boat. Exploring the peaceful town by boat is one of the most interesting things to do here. Our tour guide will help you on spot, the expenses is on your side. Free on your own for a while until our tour guide transfer you to your hotel in Suzhou downtown or Suzhou train station. And you tour ends.Read more
- Railway station pickup and drop-off at Suzhou railway station
- Bottled water
- Professional English & Chinese speaking tour guide
- Private city transfer in Suzhou
- Entry/Admission - Mudu Ancient Town
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: China Private Tours-Suzhou Private One-day Tour
Have some issues in deciding on our itinerary for the trip initially. But we decided to book our tour with China Pr…
Suzhou Private tour
Anita our tour guide was great and very nice. She can speak good English and knows a lot of history. She is a very …
Great guide and very comfortable
Great guide and very comfortable. We can also recommend the place that we need to go to this private tour then they…
Great Daytrip to Suzhou and Tongli
We had a really friendly and smart Tourguide named Becky who spoke fluent English and knew everything about Suzhou …
Fascinating and Beautiful Part of China
We thoroughly enjoyed seeing Tongli and learning about the history and culture of life along the canals there. Anit…
Two Full Days Suzhou Private Tours
A boat ride in Tong Li Water Town, and the Garden, visited also Lingering Garden, Master of Nets Garden, Humble Adm…
Amazing experience! The entire day was wonderful. My tour guide Anita was delightful. She was equal parts informati…
Suzhou Private Tours - Full Day Tour
Charming Suzhou Venice of the East. Visited Zhouzhuang Water Town and Jinji Lake Area with lovely and friendly tour…
The trip was fantastic!
The trip was fantastic! We love it & highly recommend. Anita, our tour guide for the trip was professional, experie…
I went on a tour around Suzhou with Anita who was a lovely, friendly tour guide. She was very informative and was a…
Great Tour with Anita
The tour covered a lot of places and the staff were really friendly. Highly recommend as a way to get an insiders v…
Beautiful tour with an amazing guide
My friends and I had an incredible tour around Suzhou with Anita who happily answered our questions and informed us…
Suzhou Tour - Anita
Anita was a lovely tour guide today and was very informative. She also was very nice, I would definitely have a tou…
A great tour guide and wonderful experience!
Just returned from a great trip to China! The highlight was certainly the day trip exploring Suzhou and Tongli Wate…
Terrific day at this beautiful water town!
This was a great tour with our wonderful tour guide Ray. He’s the best! Party of 4, we were picked up at our hotel …
- Duration: 6–7 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Popular: Booked by 2,663 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Full Day Suzhou Mudu Water Town Tour
- Private Full Day Suzhou Mudu Water Town Tour price starts from $206.00. Discover and book Private Full Day Suzhou Mudu Water Town Tour on Tripadvisor
- Private Full Day Suzhou Mudu Water Town Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Full Day Suzhou Mudu Water Town Tour on Tripadvisor
- Private Full Day Suzhou Mudu Water Town Tour is hosted by China Private Tours-Suzhou Private One-day Tour. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact China Private Tours-Suzhou Private One-day Tour on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Full Day Suzhou Mudu Water Town Tour on Tripadvisor