per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Friendly and experienced English-speaking tour guide
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Hotel pickup and transfer by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entrance fee to the tulou village.
- Entry/Admission - Zhangzhou Tianluokeng Village
- Personal expenses.
- Optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned.
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pick-up area should be within central area of Xiamen City.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7137P60
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a suggested itinerary for a private tour. It can be customized according to your interests and needs.
- The best time to visit the tulous is from April to November. You will see the earthen buildings surrounded by rice fields, tea bushes, or fruit trees.
- Most travelers can participate
- This 1-day tour doesn't include a long walk. It is not difficult for seniors and kids. In the area around Tianluokeng Tulou Cluster, you will travel in your private car if there are no more than four people in your group. Otherwise, you will need to travel in a shuttle bus. When you visit Hekeng Tulou Cluster, you will be dropped off at the entrance and will then need to walk for about 15 minutes to reach the main earthen buildings.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with From Xiamen: One-Day Nanjing Tulou Private Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book From Xiamen: One-Day Nanjing Tulou Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is From Xiamen: One-Day Nanjing Tulou Private Tour?
- From Xiamen: One-Day Nanjing Tulou Private Tour price starts from $298.95. Discover and book From Xiamen: One-Day Nanjing Tulou Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the From Xiamen: One-Day Nanjing Tulou Private Tour cancellation policy?
- From Xiamen: One-Day Nanjing Tulou Private Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book From Xiamen: One-Day Nanjing Tulou Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides From Xiamen: One-Day Nanjing Tulou Private Tour?
- From Xiamen: One-Day Nanjing Tulou Private Tour is hosted by Trippest Mini Group Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Trippest Mini Group Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book From Xiamen: One-Day Nanjing Tulou Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7137P60
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Zhangzhou Tianluokeng VillageStop: 3 hours - Admission includedYour private guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel in the morning. You will drive for about 3 hours from Xiamen to Nanjing. Tianluokeng Tulou Cluster will be the first attraction you visit. It is composed of four round earthen buildings and a square one. It is one of the most magnificent and well-preserved Hakka fortresses. Your guide will give you detailed information about who built these earthen buildings, how they were built, and their advantages. We will drive you to a high vantage point so that you can enjoy a bird's-eye view of the cluster. Yuchang Earthen Building is a skewed building. It was built in 1308 and is one of the oldest existing tulou. This five-story earthen building is most famous for its tilted pillars. The most extreme one is slanted at a 15-degree angle. There are five highlights in this building for you to discover. Let your guide uncover its secrets. Hekeng Tulou Cluster is one of the six tulou clusters that belong to the World Heritage Site, the Fujian Tulou. However, it is not affected by tourism very much. The local Hakka people keep to their traditional lifestyle in the earthen buildings, which have different shapes. This tulou cluster is depicted as being Mulan's hometown in the movie Mulan. You will see the real earthen building where Mulan lives in the movie. The Hakka people are happy to invite you into the living room of their earthen building and show you the upstairs floor. This might not be available in other tulou clusters. Have a cup of local tea and listen to the stories about their families. It is a great chance to get close to the Hakka people's lifestyle and culture. Drive back to your hotel in Xiamen.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point