Ox-cart Tour provide amazing opportunity to see glimpses of rural lifestyle, get to know more about Cambodian culture, customs and friendly locals. The traditional ox cart has been an important part featuring about Cambodian culture dating back to hundreds of years. Until the present, ox cart is still used to transport goods, stacks of thatches, sacks of rice from the one place to others. Apart from using ox cart to carry stuff, it brings an attractive adventure to tourists who wish to see charming Cambodia. You will also discover the Arts & Crafts Center called Artisans Angkor.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation by Tuk Tuk
- 2 bottles of water per guest
- English speaking tour guide
- Local ox-cart riding
- All entrance fees
- Other drinks & refreshments not stated
- Personal expenditure
- Travel insurance
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick up: 08:00AM from your accommodation in Siem Reap City Please kindly be ready for your pick-up at the hotel lobby
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 68160P60
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Village Ox-Card Riding Tour and Crafts Center?
- Village Ox-Card Riding Tour and Crafts Center price starts from $140.00. Discover and book Village Ox-Card Riding Tour and Crafts Center on Tripadvisor
- What is the Village Ox-Card Riding Tour and Crafts Center cancellation policy?
- Village Ox-Card Riding Tour and Crafts Center cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Village Ox-Card Riding Tour and Crafts Center on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Village Ox-Card Riding Tour and Crafts Center?
- Village Ox-Card Riding Tour and Crafts Center is hosted by Tour East Cambodia. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Tour East Cambodia on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Village Ox-Card Riding Tour and Crafts Center on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Village Ox-Card Riding Tour and Crafts Center?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Village Ox-Card Riding Tour and Crafts Center on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 68160P60
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Siem Reap ProvinceStop: 4 hoursAt 08:00 am pick up you from your hotel by Tuk Tuk, and Join our experience guide on a journey out of Siem Reap to a rural village to experience a local mode of transport. We head to local Village, a traditional community surrounded by rice fields. Travel through the dirt roads by ox cart. The ox cart has been an important mode of transport and means for transiting goods for hundreds of years. This is a unique way of discovering village life and Cambodian culture. While at the local Village, we stop by the local market to observe daily shopping habits and see the exotic fruits and foods. See the village’s traditional stilted homes before we pass through the countryside and rice fields on this rural excursion. Next, continue your journey by tuk tuk to Artisans Angkor, a local artisan boutique which was established to support Cambodian arts and crafts. Discover how wood and stone carvings, lacquering, gilding, and silk paintings are created.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Tour East Cambodia
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Joined in January 2019
#220 of 643 Transportation in Siem Reap
- annemariedM6864MD00BewareBeware they try to cheat you by wanting to make you pay by bank transfer. Please be aware that only credit card payment provides any traveller full protection.
- jasperd52700Great way to learn about the Angkor wat ruins.First of all, the ticket price is at a very normal level, not the 132 USD showing on TripAdvisor for some reason (don't remember the exact price). This is a large museum with tons of information, a good cafe, and I would highly recommend to go before visiting the Angkor wat ruins so you get a better appreciation of their significance. I really liked how so much detail was presented in bite-size pieces that you can either delve into or pass on depending on your interest.
- shane44ON00Nice half day trip outside PhnomWent there with local friends. Great option for half day tour. Can do it on your own no need to have a formal tour. Can climb 509 steps to top of pagoda and get amazing views. Very popular with local tourists. Lots of street food stalls with a multitude of food and fruit options.
- 609RogerH00AmazingThere are locals that live nearby that don’t know about the work that the rats do. They find land mines by sniffing them out. There are many land mines left and they hope to have them cleared by 2025 so go and see them now before it’s too late.
- O5379OTjuliew00Hero rats tourFor the price we paid for the tour was very expensive nearly $500 aud 1 adult and 1 child. Didn't get lunch but plenty of water. Our tour guide was good and the driver always had a smile on his face and always ready with water and opening car door. The tour was very short and wasn't far from our hotel. We could have just got a tuk tuk and would have been less than half the price. My advice would be organise the tour yourself as all 3 attractions are within 5 min of each other. The hero rats were the highlight of the tour.
- Trek63792900Hotel to Airport TransferIt was a great time to visit Angkor Wat. I have booked an Airport- Hotel transfer from here. Our driver was great care in driving. Pick up time of my arrival flight on and well know our hotel location. It was easy to find my driver since he rais up a well come signed my name.
- X8708UKtomy00Hotel to Airport TransferMy car is clean and driver has pick up up on time, Clean car and great value. His driving is safe. Highly recommended.
- Stevie22200000Informative tripVery informative and personal tour. The guide and driver were great. I would definitely remember it. Met some really nice local people. The trip is quite sad but it’s part of the history of the country.
- 125marvip00TourIt was an educational tour for me. Excellent tour in the museum.very informative and historical trip.
- Jane A00Phnom Penh Silk IslandWe were picked up from our hotel by our lovely guide Sok Channak. We met our driver and were taken to Silk Island in the Mekong River. We stopped many times on the island to see farms and talk to villagers. We saw so much that day, temples, a school, a wedding, farms, weavers. We finished the day at the Silk Farm and saw the process of making silk from start to finish. We were fortunate to have Wang, a local guide to take us around and tell us the story. We finished up having a delicious lunch back in the city. A big thank you to Tour East and especially Channak, who tailored our day to suit our interests. Jane and Hass
- Grestravel00Killing fleidThe guide Mr Song was good as he was always providing us with information thru the tour. Will come back again
- MAO76716800Must to doI really enjoyed the tour very much. My tour guide Mr Run was really amazing. He is very knowledgable about the history and made me feeling that I was in the situation.
- 153marnac00Hero Rats & Angkor ational MuseumWe did a half day tour with Svay Soriya. It was an excellent tour. We were collected from our hotel. Svay is extremely knowledgeable and gave us loads of background information on the history of Cambodia pre and post Pol Pot days. The only disappointment was the short amount of time we spent at the killing fields - 30 mins compared to 1 and a half hours at the National Museum. For us, the history of Pol Pot is more significant as this is also a part of our history which we also lived through via distant media. But the National Museum is a very thorough immersion intothe culture of Buddhism, the Kmer culture and the significance of Angkor Wat. The Landmine rats is also an amazing insight into just what conditions this beautiful country lived and continues to live with. Well worth doing this tour.
- mmorris517000Eye-openingI'll be honest. I signed up for this tour to see the rats. It ended up being so so much more (though they were as cool as I imagined). My tour guide was absolutely amazing. I would give a shout out but I don't think I caught his name correctly :(( He offered a sincere firsthand perspective on how the civil wars and genocide of Cambodia affect survivors. He was honest and open about extremely sensitive family history, which I found both extraordinary and moving. I also didn't realize this tour was not conducted a group, just you and the guide. We ended up staying longer at the stops than listed in the description, so possibly plan on that. TLDR: If you are interested in history/humanitarianism/culture, honestly just book it. This story needs to be heard.
- tashie8300Village tourWe loved our tour. Our driver and tour guide Suay Soriya we so lovely. They were very kind and polite and helped us with everything. The Ox cart was very safe and comfortable. We saw the country side and pagoda and their local markets. It was nice to get away from the main city for the day and enjoy the quieter village. When we were blessed by the monk he also told us our future which was a bit of fun. I would recommend this tour and the beautiful Suay when you come to Siem Reap
Buy it with
Village Ox-Card Riding Tour and Crafts Center provided by Tour East Cambodia
Product Overview: Village Ox-Card Riding Tour and Crafts Center
Number of Photos