per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-99, max of 10 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Lunch and drinks
- Cool towel
- Entry/Admission - Khmer Detours Day Tours
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- please wait for our village guide in your hotel or guesthouse foyer/reception area ,20 minutes prior to start time
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 18844P28
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Village Life Tour from Siem Reap?
- Village Life Tour from Siem Reap price starts from $58.00. Discover and book Village Life Tour from Siem Reap on Tripadvisor
- What is the Village Life Tour from Siem Reap cancellation policy?
- Village Life Tour from Siem Reap cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Village Life Tour from Siem Reap on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Village Life Tour from Siem Reap?
- Village Life Tour from Siem Reap is hosted by Khmer Detours Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Khmer Detours Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Village Life Tour from Siem Reap on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Village Life Tour from Siem Reap?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Village Life Tour from Siem Reap on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 18844P28
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Khmer Detours Day Tours
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Joined in November 2011
#44 of 103 Boat Tours & Water Sports in Siem Reap
- Waijid51900Relaxing and beautifulNice dinner with beautiful sunset views. The guide was fun, friendly and nice, and told us all about the floating villages. Eye opening and worthwhile.
- graynz8300Amazing sunsetThis was a very informative trip Guide spoke excellent English Comfortable coach Great bot ride out on the lake Amazing sunset and dinner Great for family
- 498ireneg00A different worldA great visit to an amazing village. Saw lots of fish being smoked. The villagers were very friendly. The trip on the lake was very relaxing sitting out in the sun. Men fishing in the river. A floating school. So glad we went.
- Ihearttravel36400Don't waste your money!We shared chicken skewers and wings with 7 other people on a family boat. This was not a buffet bbq. It was a few snack. PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME.THEIR IS NO TOUR GUIDE.
- Andrew Y00Watching sunset with cold beer & cool breezeOverall, it was an interesting and relaxing trip, On way to board a boat to the Queen Tara, the guide took us to visit a Lotus & fish "farm" with a big pond with many small huts around it. The huts are popular on weekends/public holidays for family picnics. Watching the sunset over Tonle Sap with free-flow of beer was enjoyable, The buffet dinner itself was OK but the selection of drinks including gin, rum, etc and cold,cold beer was better. Our group, including four from Australia, raised a toast to Peter, the Australian owner of Queen Tara. The cool breeze also made the cruise memorable.
- NarelleS6400Tonle Sap sunset dinner cruiseAll a little bit surreal and odd aboard the transfer vessel and "Crocodile Farm" (which was a 3-4m sq enclosure on a pontoony thing....) and limited viewing of the floating village.... Dinner was a bit average aboard Queen Tara. However these quirks were well and truly made up for by the spectacular sunset and quirky ambience aboard Queen Tara. Go with an open mind and you will have a lovely evening.
- edyryn00Very Nice ExperienceThis was really a great activity to do and was more then just dinner. The unlimited free drinks were great even i could swear the alcohol was watered down or something because i had 4 drinks and didn't feel a thing. Either was it was a really nice way to end the evening and to see the sunset. It would also have been nice if the boat actually moved while having the dinner or after but just being on the lake and the scenery was enough.
- davidbK5546IX00DisappointedWhere do I start? The boat is anchored and does not move at all. The food was of a low standard and barely acceptable. The night we went it poured with rain and the little boat that takes you out leaked and most passengers got drenched. Save your money and stay away from this poor experience.
- Sam J00Great eveningI really enjoyed the tour with the stops to see the lotus farm, street food and floating villages. The croc farm was a bit touristy but its a great place to take photos of the surroundings. Dinner was tasty and enough and drinks available as advertised. There were only 11 of us which was lucky. Definitely worth it.
- KeithM8000Nice Meal, Good TourWe enjoyed touring the floating villages and lotus garden in the way to our dinner cruise. We enjoyed the meal, the sunset, and the “slice of life” we were able to see of the locals who call the lake home.
- jerrylZ7389IO00Little DisappointedA little disappointed, or maybe I was expecting too much? not sure... the tour guide is very knowledgable and nice, but the trip itself not as much. It wasn't really a floating village as I expected, it was more like 4, 5 boats chained together with shops and observation deck. "Corc farm" you only get to see a very small part of it. And dinner I won't call it a buffet... very few choices, bbq chicken and lamb, and they run out quite fast.
- G6344KLmattm00Skip this tour and the whole lakeThis tour was really really bad. You only spend time on a very small, sketchy boat for most of it. You doc at a floating croc farm which was terrible and then at the big boat that you expected to be on from the start. It stays put while you eat an awful small dinner. We saw another tour boat stuck on a Sand bar. Ours broke down in the dark for an hour. No one told us what happened and no other boat came for us. Our 20 year old boat captain wearing a marijuana hat fixed it eventually. Definitely avoid this experience and the lake all together. The competing boats looked just as bad.
- Martine C00Beautiful viewsWe had a really good time on this tour and were provided with lots of information too. Staff were really friendly and helpful. The sunset view on the boat was beautiful and the unlimited cocktails / soft drinks / beer went down a treat.
- magsmck00Amazing insight into villagers lifeWe were picked up as arranged in an air conditioned van along with 6 others. The first stop was a visit to a lotus farm where our guide described how useful this plant was to Cambodians - no part is wasted. We then continued our trip to the lake. There were quite a few large buses waiting to go on the boats but the advantage of going in a small group was that we did not have to wait and were also able to explore the village in more detail. We finished with a buffet dinner onboard a larger vessel where we were joined by another half dozen people. Beer, cocktails and soft drinks were freely available. We spent an enjoyable hour on board before returning to our hotel. A great trip. Chilled, bottled water was also distributed regularly during the trip.
- TheColonel6700Vanna, our tour-guide, was worth it ...When we planned to go to Siem Reap, we were sure that it would be very hot and that the water level of Tonle-Sap lake was expected to be very low. Nevertheless we decided to book this half-day trip with Khmer Detours through GetYourGuide. We were picked up at our hotel quite on time (End of Khmer New Year ;)), had a good diver, AC minivan and enough cooled drinking water and wet towels for the trip. The minivan had a capacity of 10 passengers but we were only 4 (my wife and a very sympathetic elderly couple from the USA with Indian origin). So it was a very harmonic group and we talked a lot. The highlight, besides the village and Tonle-Sap, was our guide Vanna. He knew that it was not easy to explain the participants that the water-level is so low, that we would board much closer to the lake and so on. He did such a great job that we didn't mind anything (which was crystal clear to us anyway). So he explained us a lot about the region, the lake, fauna and flora, the River-people and about Cambodian history. I thought we would have been well prepared for our trip to Cambodia but Vanna taught us so much more. There was not a single boring minute. We first went over a real local market (not the ones you know from Phnom Penh or like the Old Market in Siem Reap). He explained us the different fruits, how vegetables were prepared for the different Khmer dishes and many more details. No question was unanswered because his English was excellent. We carried on to the boat landing. He chose the first one possible to get a maximum endurance on the boat. Perfect! On this 'canoe' (that's how Vanna called it; for me more like an Indonesian 'sampan'-type) we followed the canals and saw the 'floating village' (yes, maybe in rain-season but not in dry-season!) from below. All the houses on stalks, 10 to 12m high poles made the houses kind of hovering over the former river-bed. Very impressive! We took a lot of astonishing fotos. Than the landscape opened up and we saw the huge lake Tonle-Sap. With good speed and a nice breeze, we reached one of the floating restaurants and bought some refreshments there. It also serves as a crocodile 'breeding station' for leather and meat. That was sadly spoken not European style but we had seen that before on our Mekong-Delta trip south of Saigon where it also had been part of the tour-program. So we ignored the animals and the leather shop and the restaurant and had a nice chat with the US-couple on the upper deck, relaxing in some hammocks. From there we headed back to the canal and carried on by foot through the village. This walk and the impressions we gathered were very authentic, especially with the explanations of Vanna, our guide. Last stop was the little temple, where we learned alot about Buddhism and the Khmer New Year customs. On the way back with our minivan, Vanna offered to buy us some fruit but we weren't hungry. We wre dropped at our hotel right in time. We knew what we had to expect and therefore there was nothing at all to complain about. All in all it was a great and interesting trip, very authentic and we were blessed with such a great guide. Som akun, Vanna!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Well worth the four hours. It is a shame it wasn't later in the year when the country side would be fresh and green with rice. Having said that the driver and guide were very good company making for an enjoyable journey through the village and surrounds. Colouring books and pencils for the local kids is an excellent way to meet them.
Written March 11, 2020
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Thank you so much for your excellent review,we all wish you safe travel always cheers Petre
Written March 13, 2020
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
Village Life Tour from Siem Reap provided by Khmer Detours Day Tours
Product Overview: Village Life Tour from Siem Reap
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos