per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private transfers in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English-speaking guide
- Full-day sightseeing tour
- Horse-cart ride in Innwa
- Bottled water
- Entrance or zone fees
- Meals or drinks
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Your hotel in Mandalay (one pick-up point only)
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 47869P12
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with The Ancient Capitals of Mandalay?
- How much is The Ancient Capitals of Mandalay?
- The Ancient Capitals of Mandalay price starts from $89.00. Discover and book The Ancient Capitals of Mandalay on Tripadvisor
- What is the The Ancient Capitals of Mandalay cancellation policy?
- The Ancient Capitals of Mandalay cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book The Ancient Capitals of Mandalay on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides The Ancient Capitals of Mandalay?
- The Ancient Capitals of Mandalay is hosted by Pegu Travels. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Pegu Travels on Tripadvisor. Discover and book The Ancient Capitals of Mandalay on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 47869P12
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Mahagandayon MonasteryStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2U Bein BridgeStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3Sagaing HillStop: 3 hoursSee details
- 4Maha Aung Mye Bon Zan MonasteryStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5Bagaya MonasteryStop: 30 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Joined in June 2017
#17 of 153 Outdoor Activities in Yangon (Rangoon)
- francis_martino00Community based tourism village.It is the most amazing visit to Myanmar. A villager is very nice and welcoming to visit their home. She give their transitional clothes for remembrance memorials photos. Worth a visit.
- 920cesares00Pegu Travels the best agency ever met.I’ve found Pegu Travels on a tourist guide in Italy but the description about them wasn’t enough comparing their professional approach and their understanding of the clients needs. They know their amazing country so well that I spend my time so relaxed because they have already chosen the best hotel, restaurant, excursion, guide etc. Pegu Travels helped me to understand Myanmar and I am grateful to them because of this nice gift. Enjoy them !!
- DRW196100Bago Day TripIt was an early start, 5:45 am, Kevin and the driver were early and waiting on me. We drove to the train station to take the ride to Bago. Train left on time, the train engine was struggling, it finally stopped 35 minutes outside of town. They announced they were going to change engines. We went and had a little breakfast and waited another 20 minutes. He asked me was I ok with taking a small bus, I said of course, part of the adventure! It was a fun ride, arrived at Bago. The rest of the day was great!
- msotoj00Myanmar with Pegu TravelsPegu Travels motto is "Beyond Expectations" and they stick to this, I worked for over 6 months from Costa Rica with Nini and she helped me out in all ways possible to accomodate ot my timing and budget needs, I visited Yangon, Inle, Mandalay, Kalaw, and Bagan, all AWESOME places, guides were friendly, pick up times and visited places were beautiful. This company and this country are wonderful Muchas Gracias y Pura Vida!! Hope I get the opportunity to use your services again.
- gurigurigirl00Bagan/Gangaw TravelsI worked with Hsu from Pegu Travels. She was really good, responding right away, adjusting our itinerary as needed and even answering a call in-country on her day off (due to a holiday). She was sweet, respectful, helpful and called us when she thought we had encountered a problem. All made for good accommodations, scheduling and price fairness. The driver from Bagan to Gangaw was very nice and accommodating as well. Very good/safe driver, especially along rough road to Gangaw, and always ready and patiently waited for us. Did not speak much English but we had our own interpreter so it wasn't a problem. Our guide in Bagan had a lot of (history) knowledge and looked out for us as we went along. Spoke/understood English well altho had thick accent. Overall, great trip, mainly due to HSU's planning and our DRIVER's help (during visit to Gangaw). Highly recommend Pegu Travels!
- Monica170600Beyond Impressive Experienced given by Pegu Travels!We had a limited days and we wanted to see Myanmar as much as possible, all i did was write to Pegu Travels and they arranged such a fabulous itinerary for me and my best friend. What we were more impressed after reaching Yangon is the Guide Mr. Aung, he is very efficient and his knowledge about Yangon & Myanmar is amazing, and then follow with Driver, he can speak English and was telling us about the places on the second day while we were heading to Airport. Moving to Mandalay, the place is amazing!!! filled with culture and heritage. There again, we were impressed with the guide and driver that Pegu Travels has arranged. Our Guide Ms. Thou Thou (we called her Jasmine) she was amazing, not only that she is knowledgable she is an amazing photographer. Last by not least, Hsu Hlaing has been an amazing point of contact for us, she she is very efficient and very quick and responding back. Thank you for making our trip memorable and I can't wait to re-visit Myanmar again.
- 505laurentn00Custom made tourWe travelled for three weeks with this company in Myanmar and had a very good experience. The support before and during the trip (we were in contact with Ei Nge) was outstanding. Last minute program changes due to bad weather, changing flight schedules or our own mood were handled most professionally. The hotels we used were very good, the guides knowledgeable and the pricing fair. Thanks Pegu for an unforgettable trip!
- OriginalScooterguru00Pegu Travels the Best!!!Pegu Travel was the only tour company that answered my email for help in planning a 3-day tour of Bagan, Myanmar. I found Pegu Travel recommended in 'The Rough Guide to Myanmar'. Hsu Hlaing of Pegu Travel she is a gem, and lifesaver, she is very responsive, has excellent English communication, patient and polite. Because several tour companies never responded to my emails I was down to 16 days before arriving in Bagan. Hsu Hlaing put together a 3-day plan to pick our group up at the airport and take us to our hotel and start our tours. She worked with us to refine the plan to fit in a few key sights my sister wanted to see. Her excellent communication skills and responsiveness gave me FULL CONFIDENCE that all would be well. Our Pegu Travel tour guide Mr. Thet Tin Oo (ph. 09 402512617) was the best! He speaks English well and is very knowledgeable about all the sights (he grew up in Bagan). We were so blessed to have him as our guide, he let us see sights at our own pace, explained the uniqueness of each sight and pointed out so many interesting details. He also suggested places to eat dinner each night. One of the most interesting places was the Toddy Palm stop where is did the explaining of everything. Our lunch stops were all excellent. Blessing: We traveled to Bagan 7-10Apr2018, though it was hot, it was a good time since it is at the tail end of the Myanmar tourist season as it approached the dates for the Thingyan Festival (water festival). It was good since there were less tourists we could really enjoy and explore the various temples and pagodas, I can imagine how packed they must be at other times. We retreated to our air conditioned van between sights. Cezutinbadeh (thank you) to Pegu Travel, Hsu Hlaing and Thet Tin Oo for a super wonderful and relaxing experience.
- gmbklm00Did a fabulous job organising our 15 day Myanmar trip. All very smooth.My 15 day Myanmar trip, hotels, flights, transfers, local taxis and guides etc, was organised by Go-Myanmar.com (not the same as GoMyanmarTours) / Pegu Travels. They did a great job. I normally do all travel booking myself and was a bit apprehensive about using and paying USD 000's an unknown overseas agent, but I can certainly say that everything went very well, exactly as agreed and planned. My reason for choosing an agent was that getting around places like Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan would be v hard work without a car and guide, so you'd end up using your hotel or a local agent to arrange something similar in each place anyway. Spread out locations, hot weather, no useable public transport and except for Yangon, few taxis or tuk tuks avail. Same reason with the vg KBZ flights. So you may as well use one agent for the lot. Made everything very easy, which was good for me since it was all part of a bigger SEA trip. All arranged by regular emails with Thinzar at Go-Myanmar.com and finalised by Phyo and Ei Nge at Pegu, who were all very good. We received a complete detailed (eg pick-up times) plan when we landed in Myanmar. In discussing the trip, Thinzar listened to what I asked and said, geared to my budget, and made some good different suggestions. I had done my research so we had a good dialogue on where to go and which hotels. eg I wanted to take taxis where reasonable rather than flying (and drivers were pretty good with knowing the good intermediate toilet stops on these 4-7 hr journeys). All our drivers and guides were always ready and waiting for us as agreed, at the agreed times and places, meet & greet at airport Arrivals / check-ins, for boat trips or in the morning at our hotel front desk. I'm very Japanese / German about this type off thing ! All our guides and drivers were good or very good, professional and informative, and very nice people. They were very open to changing scheduling as we wished, regarding us as paying for their time that day & not necessarily doing 100% of pre-agreed schedule. Very happy to strongly recommend Go-Myanmar.com (not the same as GoMyanmar Tours) / Pegu Travels. Inle Lake was our favourite place !! Stay at least 3 nights.
- Jairo R00Vacation from February 10th to 21th. AMAZING EXPERIENCEI'm not a traveller person, but it's a given that recommend the trip to Myanmar. Can't say favorites places 'couse every places we went had it's particular essence. The Pegu travel team gave us every attention and services we needed in every moment and every times (even out of the jobtime). We never feel alone in this country, they were always there for us. Keep it up Pegu.
- richardknights00Very happy with the service providedWe have just returned from a great trip to Myanmar and am happy to say we were very happy with the internal plane and boat trips arranged through Pegu. Organising our internal travel through them was much cheaper than we could find at home and while trust was required as the actual ticketing was sent to us some time after payment, to allow Pegu the opportunity to seek even better deals and/or flight times, all turned up well in advance proving any anxiety I had completely unwarranted. I would certainly be using them again should we return and highly recommend them to anyone planning to travel to Myanmar.
- julietyjuan0018 days in MyanmarIf you are visiting Myanmar, don't hesitate to use Pegu Travels. They provided excellent transport, guides and transfers. When we wanted to change our itinerary, it was no problem. They arranged everything quickly and didn't charge a fortune. I was thoroughly impressed with the entire experience, and the price was very reasonable. We were are a party of six in our fifties/sixties, staying in mid-range hotels. We did the trekking activity, which was fun but quite demanding for the less fit among us. We slept in a monastery on mattresses on the floor. A fantastic cook came with us and kept us full of the freshest, tastiest food you can imagine. Our guide was a lovely girl who also accompanied us to Inlé Lake. In Mandalay we had a different guide, equally attentive. No guide at the beach in Ngepali, but you don't need a guide at the beach. The guide in Yangon spoke very good English. Immediate replies to your emails.I thoroughly recommend Pegu Travels for all your arrangements in Myanmar. Good job!
- FishyShark00Pegu Travels for set itinerary to MyanmarDiscussions started with Go-Myanmar now known as Pegu Travels. Our contact Ei Nge was superb; always answered emails promptly and fully (great considering the level of English we encountered in Myanmar). Initially worried dealing with "faceless" internet contact, but it was worked well. The tour guides were professional and informative without giving too much info, the guides in Bagan and Inle Lake were the best! The "meet and greet" service, boat trips, airport check in, vehicles and the itinerary was brilliant. The itinerary included several boat trips, 2 flights, vehicles, drivers, guides, a cooking class, a private lunch at a monastery, all entrance fees, etc. etc. Very very well managed and organised. I think? they have fixed itineraries, but I would have loved extra time in Bagan and Inle Lake. It is certainly worth booking with this agent for the ease of travel and the care they take to ensure you have a good holiday. Highly recommended. Thank you.
- fras6500excellent organisationI booked train and ferry tickets thru pegu. great service. picked up train tix at office. ferry tix was sent by email .train ticket back to yangon from mandalay was sent to my hotel 1 day afore travel. worked really well
- Rose H00Went above and beyondPegu Travels went above and beyond to arrange sleeper train tickets from Yangon to Bagan at the last minute and at the weekend, even though i had missed the deadline of submitting our passport details 5 days in advance to secure the tickets. They were super helpful (especially Ni Ni Win - thank you!)
The Ancient Capitals of Mandalay provided by Pegu Travels
Product Overview: The Ancient Capitals of Mandalay
Number of Photos