Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Driver and private transportation with air-con car
- Professional tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees for the visits
- Ddrinks and beverages
- Horse cart fees if you request horse cart ride
- Camera fees and personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymyo)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We will pick up at your hotel in Mandalay city area. You need to inform us hotel name and address in advance.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8158P9
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant FOC, but meals is not included in the price
- Shorts or sleeveless tops and shoes are not allowed to enter place of Pagodas and Religious area
- We suggest you to carry slipper and something to protect from the sun and the dusts
- Tour booking name should be the same as your hotel booking name to be secure pickup or need to inform us if different
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8158P9
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymyo)Stop: 2 hoursSee details
- 2National Kandawgyi GardensStop: 90 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 3Governor’s HouseStop: 45 minutesSee details
- 4May Myo Central Market မေမြို့ မြို့မစျေးကြီးStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5B.E WaterfallStop: 30 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Myanmar Upper Land Culture & Travel
Joined in September 2014
- maisond35800Excellent TourMr. Bo Thin of Myanmar Upper Land Tours was extremely accommodating in arranging for our party of 3 to have the full experience of their 10 hour Ava, Sagaing, Amarapura and Mingun tour over a period of 2 days, scheduled around our flights to and from Mandalay, including an airport pickup! We were able to experience the ancient cities and spectacular sites at our own pace with knowledgeable and informative guides and an excellent driver. Excellent tour. This is not to be missed! Among the extra touches, our guides took many memorable photos of us and helped us with the various dialects/languages in the temple markets we wished to visit.
- A5612AJsteves00A great day outside Mandalay.Very personal attention by our guide Joe. We started by spending time in the fields reviewing the harvest of peanuts. Joe was informative and patient. He had good knowledge of history.
- WichitaGarcia00Geat guide, fascinating visitsMy guide Mr. Kyaw Soe Win ("Joe") was extremely knowledgeable, friendly, flexible, and sensitive to my needs (without overdoing it. ) He has a giant English vocabulary, so is able for example to name every fruit, vegetable, plant, fish. He grew up on a rural farm and has lived in the City for a long time, so he knows both. He has many many stories to tell and much expertise on all the places we visited, both cultural and religious sites but also crafts workshops such as silk weavers, teak carvers, and gold leaf pounders.
- BrissieVicki00Mandalay sightseeing TripHad a great tour with Ni and Mr Cho (apologies for incorrect spelling) the other day. They were very accommodating and helpful. Guide Ni was very knowledgeable and passionate about his country. He was happy to share his thoughts and sense of humour with us. Car was very clean and we felt very spoiled and safe (not that you would not feel safe in Mandalay!). We had a nice lunch at a local place with local food. We returned to hotel exhausted but full of the wonder of this city. Highly recommend it. Contact prior to trip was prompt and we received a reminder email from them the day before which is always a comfort when you are a recent arrival in a new place.
- ellelebois00FANTASTICWe usually don’t refer to travel agencies and we prefer to plan our visits by ourself however to see the Mingun/Ava/Amapura area an organized tour is highly recommended and Upperland is a very good option for many reasons: 1- it is possible to book and pay online - the website is very clear and easy to utilize, the program of the day well explained, 2- the communication (before and during the visit) was totally fluid, 3- they fully respected the itinerary and the timetable, 4- Jim Me, our guide, is a “walking encyclopedia”: he explained us the history of each sites in detail but also the history, customs and traditions of Myanmar and he’s updated on what is happening in the world as well. If we add that he’s very funny, here you have the recipe for a fantastic and cheerful day-trip. 5- Mr Phyo, the driver, was prudent and always available.
- 47amazingp00Great tour operator !We had a fantastic time in Myanmar thanks Upper Land ! From the beginning it was professional. Mr. Bo Thin arranged for us the flight tickets to Bagan, Golden Eagle balloon flight, private guides and drivers, airport transfers for the whole stay. He replayed extremely quickly and even if we changed little plans his reaction was very professional and fast. Fantastic people, great country and culture. We have to come back to see nature in Myanmar as there are many amazing almost undiscovered places :-)
- SurreyExplorer100Driver/boat services for self-explorationWe booked Myanmar Upper Land for our travel requirements for both 2 days in Mandalay and 3 days around Inle Lake. The manager, Bo took the time to greet us in our hotel on arrival, which was appreciated and then provided driver and boatman services to the local attractions in both locations, setting out an itinerary for us which was a mixture of what we wanted to see and suggestions of the ‘must see’ sights. We specifically didn’t want a guide: we just wanted to be taken to the right places and advised on entry requirements. The quality of the vehicles was very good (an were air conditioned – and essential requirement in Myanmar) and the drivers were very safe and professional, although English was limited. The itinerary remained flexible if we wanted to change it (although we didn’t much). Bo was able to book us a sunrise boatride in Mandalay to see the U-Bein bridge and an extra half-day boat trip to see and photograph (again) the fishermen at Inle Lake. Overall, we would recommend using the services of Myanmar Upper Land.
- glenniesguy00A wonderful time.We were planning a week trip to northern Myanmar, Mandalay and Bagan. While everyone know Bagan, there is not a lot on Mandalay out there. I had the lonely Planet guide book and this company name was in it. I checked it out on it’s own page and the tours for Mandalay were endless. So many choices for a place many say to skip. We did 2 full day tours. The one above and the next day to Mingin. We had an excellent guide that was always watching out for my wife and an excellent driver. Mandalay should not be just a place to fly into. Or to spend a night. It’s a destination itself matching any in south east Asia. I would recommend them totally. Prices are great. And when you deal direct 100% of the money stays in Mandalay. Booking was a snap. They also drove us to Bagan and took us back to Mandalay airport for a very reasonable price. You might get it for a few $s less but the luxury Crowns are well worth the roads.
- valentinekao00Our tourPapa our guide was very knowledgeable and attentive. We really enjoyed this tour with her. My wife really enjoyed the normal market walk we did just seeing how the normal Burmese people live. The visit to the Mandalay Palace and Mandalay hill was very good and the view from the Hill was so fascinating. The lunch which we were taken to was a great enjoyment of Burmese food. Thanks a lot also to the driver who was very attentive and would drop us as close to the sites and come and pick us up as soon as we came out. We really enjoyed our first tour in Burma Thanks to our guide Papa and the Driy Valentine Kao
- banzainarvik00Awesome tourWe were two adults in a car, full day to the ancient cities around mandalay, we were at our own pace, really nice company, full of information about the sights and you can modify the tourto your needs. I would do it again without doubt
- francifrenci00Very nice dayWe have seen all that we wanted to see, the guide was very kindly and she has explained many things about the historical sites. She has taken many photos of us too. Time was perfect. Very nice
- Z193DKelisaf00Wonderful day with a great guideMy daughter and I went on this tour in July. It was a great experience; we saw many interesting sites, and it was very nice to get back into the air-conditioned car in between! Our guide was wonderful and gave us lots of information and insights about Myanmar history and culture as well as daily life in the present day. I was very sick with a respiratory infection the day we were scheduled for the tour and they were very kind and understanding, and fortunately were able to reschedule us for the next day. I highly recommend this tour company.
- karenkeen00Full day of sightseeingWe started at 8.30am and arrived back at the hotel at 6pm. Full day of visiting all the most important historical sights and handicrafts around Mandalay. Unfortunately it was cloudy so we didn’t get a good sunset from Mandalay Hill but it had wonderful views over the town. Be prepared to take your shoes off a lot during the day as you visit the pagodas and temples so I would recommend wearing thongs and of course modest dress to avoid having to put extra clothing on each time. Highly recommended.
- BrockR4100Full day of sightseeing and history!We had a really great experience visiting the four ancient cities of Mandalay on this tour. The sites that you are shown are truly spectacular. Our tour guide was so knowledgeable about each site and Myanmar’s history. We were taken to a great restaurant for lunch which served delicious food. I would definitely recommend this tour to others who are visiting Mandalay.
- Didier S00CEOGreat day trip! Well organized, flexible, good places to see and to enjoy (nice lunch). Highly recommended.