Private Shore Excursion: Giza Pyramids and Sakkara with Lunch in the Desert from Alexandria
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Arabic, German, English, Spanish
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Lunch in the desert
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- port pickup and drop-off
- Free WiFi in your van
- Free welcome drink
- Camel ride
- Extra entrance fees (interior of Giza pyramids, Solar Boat museum)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pickup and Drop off service are included once you book you will get phone number for us , whats app us
- Alexandria, Alexandria, Alexandria Governorate Pickup and Drop off service are included once you book you will get phone number for us , whats app us
- Alexandria port, 5R3V+MX5, Al Meks, Dekhela, Alexandria Governorate 5312785, Egypt
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 10449P47
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Private Shore Excursion: Giza Pyramids and Sakkara with Lunch in the Desert from Alexandria?
- Private Shore Excursion: Giza Pyramids and Sakkara with Lunch in the Desert from Alexandria price starts from $250.00. Discover and book Private Shore Excursion: Giza Pyramids and Sakkara with Lunch in the Desert from Alexandria on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Shore Excursion: Giza Pyramids and Sakkara with Lunch in the Desert from Alexandria cancellation policy?
- Private Shore Excursion: Giza Pyramids and Sakkara with Lunch in the Desert from Alexandria cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Shore Excursion: Giza Pyramids and Sakkara with Lunch in the Desert from Alexandria on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Shore Excursion: Giza Pyramids and Sakkara with Lunch in the Desert from Alexandria?
- Private Shore Excursion: Giza Pyramids and Sakkara with Lunch in the Desert from Alexandria is hosted by Let's Explore Egypt. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Let's Explore Egypt on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Shore Excursion: Giza Pyramids and Sakkara with Lunch in the Desert from Alexandria on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 10449P47
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atAlexandriaOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1AlexandriaStop: 12 hoursour representative will pick you up from Alexandria Port by the cruise exit door, holding a sign of your name. Enjoy a private shore excursion & day trip from Alexandria to Cairo, approximately 3 hour by a private air-conditioned vehicle. Get happy by seeing a panoramic view of the Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren and Mykerinus. Then proceed to visit the Great Sphinx, the tour also includes a visit to the Valley Temple, which belongs to the Pyramids of Chephren. Upon arrival at Sakkarra, you will be transferred by jeep 4x4 jeep inside the desert for about 20 minutes. After that you will stop to enjoy the panoramic view of the Step Pyramid in Sakkarra. Then you will be transferred to Camel Caravan in the Desert where you will start Camel ride for about 30 minutes till you reach Sakkarra Country club. Enjoy Lunch at Sakkarra Country Club then back to by Alexandria Port by a private air-conditioned van.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Let's Explore Egypt
Joined in February 2015
#92 of 1,433 Tours & Activities in Cairo
- Filipe X00Amazing experience!amazing tour guided by our friend Ahmed! Such a gentle man with amazing knowledge and love for his country. We loved every single minute of it! We go back to Brazil very grateful for this experience!
- cwbspb00Excellent TourEman was the tour guide and the driver was Ayman. They both did an excellent job and were very cordial. The tour hit the highlights for what we were wanting. Only issue was camel owner continually asking for more tip money.
- 956katja_00Simply MAGICAL! ✨Everything was just amazing and magical. Our guide Gamal and our driver Hassan were just incredible. They helped us with everything and were always exactly on time. Hassan is an amazing and calm driver and a very kind person. He took us everywhere we wanted to go, waited for us patiently and was never late. And he had good music in the car. ☺️ And Gamal was extremely knowledgable and fun and just a great person to be around! I would give both 11 /10 stars. ☺️ The tour itself was amazing too, we saw and experienced so much of Egypt in just one day. Would definitely recommend this tour and this company to anyone!! Thank you for the amazing experience! ☺️
- Jamie B00Thank you Let’s Explore EgyptNour and Hassan made this two-day tour. They were lovely, welcoming and informative throughout. There were four of us and the transport was spacious, comfy and well air conditioned and we felt safe on each journey. The trip locations were plentiful and varied but we never felt rushed. I would recommend this trip to anyone visiting Cairo. An excellent experience with excellent people. Thank you Let’s Explore Egypt!
- Doa201200TL;DR; BS tour, Detailed and Honest Review - please read to know what you're getting yourself intoTL;DR; Not to be trusted - different experience than advertised. To start off - I am very upset at the experience I had on this tour, but will try to be objective. As a bit of back-story, I speak native-level English and Spanish, but opted for a Spanish language tour because of my travel companion. One learning for me is that a private tour (such as this) is more intense - it was just me and my travel companion, and the driver and our Egyptologist, and the Egyptologist guide is always with you, as opposed to leaving you time to walk around more relaxed, take some pictures and enjoy the moments in front of some truly impressive works of architecture - next time I would go with a larger tour where we just get dropped off and can walk around a bit, and have some time by ourselves in quiet. We had requested a Spanish tour, and our Egyptologist guide started telling us about how he spoke English, some German and some Dutch, but not Spanish, and even showed us his badge/license around his neck to prove his Dutch language skills (and lack of Spanish). He would throw us a bone by saying one word out of 10 in Italian/Spanish/Portuguese as if it were Spanish - but hey, they’re all the same language, right 🤦♂️? Not cool. It would have been better if he had spoken at least good English - but this also wasn’t great (and I am very understanding as most of my family and most of my co-workers are not English native speakers). We had requested a start-time of 8 am (also confirmed through Tripadvisor) but our tour guide texted us on the day of, saying they would arrive at 8:30 AM - not great, but I also understand this happens ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Altogether - I felt like we spent way too little time with the big pyramids, but I thought this was ok, since this is an ambitious tour - trying to take you to a lot of places in one day - but became less forgiving as the day went on (to be explained). After the pyramids is when the upselling started - we went to one jewelry store (to use the bathroom) and on the way to and from there, he was trying to sell me some Egyptian jewelry with my name in hieroglyphics on it, but I turned it down. He then took us to a spice museum/shop, where I found such exotic things as … cumin … paprika … and black tea … I could have definitely skipped this part of the tour. Each shop is sold as a “museum” about a certain part of Egyptian culture, which makes it hard to turn down (at least at first). We then had lunch (no complaints, and they were accommodating for two vegetarians). I discovered a couple new things in Egyptian cuisine I enjoyed and would look for in future. After this, we had more stops in some shops to try and sell us things. The first one was a perfume shop (took 20-30 min). At this point, I was a bit frustrated with the tour experience, disappointed we hadn’t spent more time at the 3 great pyramids, and asked the tour guide if we could move to the next part of the tour (Memphis and the stepped pyramid) - he shut me down immediately and said there were “only two more” shops to go and see. FML - not what I expect when I book a private tour. The reason they take you to these stores is because they earn commission. After every shop visit, when we returned to the car, the driver or guide would go to the shop again to see if we had bought anything. After this, we went to two more shops (to see how papyrus was made, and another where they had t-shirts). A bit of a disappointing thing at this point was that seeing how we hadn’t bought any souvenirs up to this point, the driver reminded us that tipping was “at least” 20 dollars. After this we drove down to the Mit Rahina museum. We then made it to the stepped pyramid (aka the Saqqara pyramid), and had a bit more time here - this part was finally ok. After this, we went to a carpet museum/shop. While the shops are interesting to see- I would have much rather not gone to them. Also - it seems like it is more of a social call the the guide takes at each of the shops - even after we were done seeing the shop/hearing the sales pitch, the guide would still be in there, having a tea or coffee with the owners, swapping stories. This was the end of the tour - at this point we were going back to Cairo. Once arriving in Cairo, we made another stop at ANOTHER papyrus museum/shop- really unnecessary at this point, but this Egyptologist guide was a more relentless salesman than an Egyptologist, I guess. At this point, the guide left us (no complaints, good to the back of him) and the driver (nice guy, from the small interactions we had) took us back to the hotel. Oh, and before I forget, we were in such a rush to see that spice shop that we spent all of 3 minutes with the Spinx 🤦♂️. For a tour whose description starts with “Escape Giza’s persistent hawkers”, I feel like I ended up with Cairo’s greatest hawker as my tour guide. Will have to come back for the Sphinx, and definitely not with this agency. Summarized Feedback: Egyptologist - more of a salesman Tour of the pyramids - you spend more time in museum/shops than with the pyramids Camel ride - could be fun, but not my cup of tea Lunch - good Sphinx - 🤦♂️ Mit Rahina museum - ok Saqqara - good
- Lauren O00Amazing!!!We had the best time on this tour, a massive thank you to Sara and George for an amazing day. Loved everything about it. We also added on the dinner cruise in the evening through the tour, and loved it - absolutely amazing!!! Thank you again for a wonderful time, Sara and George made our experience in Egypt so incredible!
- 61mimij00Pyramid Tour Giza with Gamal and GeorgeWe had the best day in our life with Gamal our guide and George our driver/photographer! Thank you for this amazing experience and all the knowledge; we learn so much. Also very generous and kind people and show us such the real égyptien culture. We were so lucky! Thank you so much and we will be back🙏 Please guys book with them; you will have the best time of your life🔥🔥
- 938oualidc00BEST TOUR IN GIZA WITH GAMAL & GEORGESWow what an experience i have been to many tours many countries.But this one is the best experience we ever had GAMAL our tour guy is simply amazing one of the nicest person i ever met he showed us way more than what was in our tour.Lot of knowledge and an extreme kindness.GEORGES our driver/photographer was so kind too he took so many amazing pictures of us. Honestly they are the best u get amazing photos and a top guide. They went above and beyond and we greatfull for it.Thank you so much for this experience i had knowledge about egypt as im a fan and today they blow me away with all those stories and gave us access to some hidden areas and tombs. Loved it thank you Gamal & Georges we will come back to explore LUXOR THIS TIME !!
- htm32200快適だけどコスパはイマイチThank you for a half day tour, precious memories of Cairo. ガイドとドライバーは親切でした。写真も沢山撮ってくれたり。でもラクダは30分も乗らないし、チップ少ないと不機嫌になられるし（百エジプトポンドだと少ないとねだられ結局二百。ほぼ十分くらいのアテンドで）メインのギザピラミッドやスフィンクスは遠目から見て終わり、4時間半のツアーで三万円弱はちょっと高すぎると思いました。
- nima_pakravan00All you want from a tourSam was our host for this tour. He was an excellent and very knowledgeable guide. From when he picked us up, he was gave us all the necessary background about the places we were about to visit. He was also very accommodating and wanted to make sure we were comfortable and have everything we need.
- deborahd10300Sam the tour guideSam was an excellent tour guide, he was patient, kind and very knowledgeable about his country. I Had an amazing experience.
- Nallely S00An informative tour of historical Egyptian sitesOur tour was amazing and informative. Our tour guide Sam was very knowledgeable and friendly. The tour covered many of the historical Egyptian sites. My family and I would definitely recommend this tour.
- 103opalw00Best tour guide Sam.Sam our tour guide was the best thing that happen to us on this trip. He made sure that we saw all the historical sites. Best foods and he is now an honorary Jamaican. Our group was 16 strong and he was amazing.
- sherriffw202300Best tour ever!!!!We were a group of 16 with friends and families. Our tour guide Sam gave us one of the best experience ever and we had great time. He was kind, welcoming, patient, energetic and very informative to say the least. I would recommend Sam everyday any day.
- Stay0332174889400Ramadan and Desuqi are the best!Ramadan (my tour guide) was absolutely incredible. He was super knowledgeable about the history of the pyramids given his background in archeology and was always super helpful (and funny!) along the way. Our driver Desuqi (Muhammad) was also fantastic. Highly recommend both of them!
Private Shore Excursion: Giza Pyramids and Sakkara with Lunch in the Desert from Alexandria provided by Let's Explore Egypt
Product Overview: Private Shore Excursion: Giza Pyramids and Sakkara with Lunch in the Desert from Alexandria
Number of Photos