This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Plovdiv Old Town, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
The tour starts at 09:00 am. We meet in front of the Central Post Office.
We go for a walk on the cobblestone roads in the “Old town” where we’ll see the beautiful houses and some famous sites from the Antiquity period. Our gentle walk includes the following and a few more not mentioned below surprises!:
- The central square
- The post
- Antiquity Odeon
- Dzhumaya mosque
- The Roman theatre of Philippopolis
- Dzhumaya park
- The famous “Old town” – a candidate for UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The Ethnographic Museum – with over 40 000 artifacts which mostly relate to the traditions of Plovdiv city population
- Church of St Constantine and Helena
- Nebet tepe
- Тhe Kapana neighborhood – the artsiest place in town which is a very dynamic place, changing constantly and also changing the people who visit it!
For lunch, we will enjoy typical Bulgarian cuisine in a local restaurant. After that the second half of the day we’ll go to explore some of the hidden gems of Plovdiv. In order to enhance our experience, we’ll go there just like the locals do – by using public transport!
We’ll also visit The Rowing Canal and some of the hills outside the city center, the Singing fountains and some more.
Our day will end around 5:00 pm at Central Post Office.