Your tour begins with a short introduction to Plovdiv with it's main sights as we walk towards the workshop in the Old town. A demonstration and hand-on experience of 2 crafts are to be explored by you privately without the crowds. The professional local guide makes your every minute of your tour to remember. This experienced in designed to incorporate workshops and a cultural visit to Plovdiv - the European Capital of Culture for 2019.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: Russian, English
: German, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, English, Italian, French, Spanish
Print or digital reading material such as a guide, map, brochure, etc.
What's not included
- Professional local guide
- Personalized e-guide with all sights info for your convenience
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Stadium of Philippopolis
- Entry/Admission - Plovdiv Old Town
- Personal expenses & insurance
- Food or drinks
- Entry/Admission - Plovdiv Roman Theatre
- Departure details
- Ancient Stadium of Philipopolis, ul. "Hristo G. Danov", 4000 Staria grad, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8728P260
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please, wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Privately Learn a Craft In Plovdiv?
- How much is Privately Learn a Craft In Plovdiv?
- Privately Learn a Craft In Plovdiv price starts from $76.73. Discover and book Privately Learn a Craft In Plovdiv on Tripadvisor
- What is the Privately Learn a Craft In Plovdiv cancellation policy?
- Privately Learn a Craft In Plovdiv cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Privately Learn a Craft In Plovdiv on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Privately Learn a Craft In Plovdiv?
- Privately Learn a Craft In Plovdiv is hosted by VisitBulgariaOn Bespoke Experiences. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact VisitBulgariaOn Bespoke Experiences on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Privately Learn a Craft In Plovdiv on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8728P260
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atAncient Stadium of Philipopolisul. "Hristo G. Danov", 4000 Staria grad, Plovdiv, BulgariaSee address & details
- 1Ancient Stadium of PhilippopolisStop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Plovdiv Old TownStop: 4 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3PlovdivStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 4Plovdiv Roman TheatreStop: 5 minutes - Admission excludedSee detailsPass byThe Old Pharmacy "Hippocrates"Hisar KapiaDjumaya MosqueBalabanov HouseHouse-Museum HindlianEthnographic Museum
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
VisitBulgariaOn Bespoke Experiences
Joined in July 2015
#1 of 3 Food & Drink in Sliven
- Sherpa70466700Unreasonable and inconsiderateWe booked a trip last minute whilst in Bulgaria, Varna but unfortunately we were taken to the wrong port, so I heard. We tried on several occasions to reason with the operator and help them understand our problem but to no avail. Each time I tried to call I would be asked to call again and I bet they were just buying their time to ensure the funds had been released from my bank. Even though they had promised to give us vouchers now they are no longer reachable. I feel this is so bad business practice. I regret 100% why we had a last minute booking and for £226, this is no easy money.
- Tsai-luan L00It’s mistake and couldn’t get the answer as soon as possible. Very schaamI made on a reservation for Sunday 12 November Private Day Trip Rila Monastery on Saturday in the evening late 11 November. When I recieved the confirmation I found out the date, is wrong. I made contact with local adviser the same night. It’s schaam. So I’ll get the money back. Thank you
- Kelly C00Recommend this amazing hikeReally great guided walk with knowledgeable and experienced local mountaineer, it was tough at the start, steep ascent but worth it, beautiful scenery and panoramas, really recommend it!
- EKaterina171000The Varna boat tripWe love boats and this one was another business trip to Varna. We decided to try it and it was great. Our partners enjoyed it very much. Recommend with both hands
- EKaterina171000Totally recommended operator and tourWe chose the self-guided optionas we had transportation with us. Extremely useful and well organized tour. Our business partners had the chance to see this beautiful sight and fully enjoy it.
- EKaterina171000If you want to visit the Rila monastery thats a gemWe used the car rental to reach the sight. And this activity is a real gem we found out. All the guides notes and audio in our pockets. Extremely nice!
- viktorkR8064CI00Super experienceSuper experience Whit my friend . Really enjoy the day and the trip. That was the first time for me in Bulgaria 🇧🇬
- attilab74900ProfessionalThey are fast and we got a professional service. The driver was there in time and helped us everything.
- MaggieYou9200A short drive from the motorway and you are hereOne of the best Bulgarian wineries in such settings that is Wow! The wines were fantastic, the food delicious and the place very unique. What a combination. We are happy we booked this tour and we got so much out of it.
- Compass1049026175200Super fun and well organized rafting adventure offered in English and BulgarianRafting tours offered in both Bulgarian and English! We had an amazing 3 hour rafting trip. I brought my parents and my friend on this trip. We had our own raft with a guide, but there were other rafts that couple hold several more people. Despite the water not being as high in this time of season, it was still very fun with 8-10 different rapids sections. Water and weather temperature were perfect for being on the river. Our guide Ivo was equally knowledgeable and hilarious
- Joan S00Once-in-a-lifetime-level amazing experienceI wonder if the creators of this festival had any idea how deeply and powerfully the bulgarian people would respond. It's impossible to describe the variety and creativity and beauty of just thousands of representations of traditional ethnic outfits from different regional cultures, large and small, and periods in history. The dancing and music were incredibly beautiful and fun. Many were not like anything i'd ever seen or heard before. Lots of fantastic food and happy people. My guide Chris arranged a traditional outfit for me and helped me overcome a few logistical problems--he just wouldn't give up! He's a sweet person with a lot of interesting and fascinating information about all of it. Spending the day with him at the festival and walking through gorgeous historic Zheravna was a fantastic experience. If you're lucky enough to book a place to stay during the festival time -- i stayed in Sliven about an hour away -- then do yourself a favor and get Chris to be your guide to an unforgettable experience!
- andreeaiulia00Good experience, quality and informationPerperikon is trully an impressive site. For the self-guided tour, we have been provided with audio and text (PDF) guides that had interesting and complementary information. We liked the most the references with the local miths and legends, as these are not always easy to find by browsing the internet. For the audio guide, the voice was pleasant with good and clear English, with a duration of approx 9 min. The organizer was available to support and answer any of our question or request quickly. We received the guides in the morning of the day the tour was booked via Dropbox.
- MaggieYou9200ExcellentOne of the gems out there. We wanted to save money and had a car rental so we drove to the monastery and used the e-guide which was sent beforehand. Really interestingly written by the local guides with everything you need. Very cheap price.
- Tony C00IMPORTANT: BEFORE MAKING YOUR BOOKING, PLEASE CAREFULLY CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONWe feel it's crucial for you to have a complete understanding of what to expect before committing to booking the self-guided option with this provider: · The option labeled as "self-guided" does not include any form of transportation; you will need to arrange your own means of getting to the destination. · Contrary to the name, the "self-guided" option actually involves being part of a guided group tour. · The specified 9 am start time is non-negotiable due to the tour guide's commitments to the group. · While this ticket does cover “admission”, please be aware that entrance to the monastery complex itself is already free. · There are multiple museums located within the monastery premises, each requiring an additional fee. It remains unclear whether these fees are incorporated into the guided or private tour options. It's evident from numerous other reviews and our own experience that the advertisement intentionally leaves room for ambiguity. We are far from the only individuals who have been left feeling misinformed. We were sent a voucher for our “Private day tour from Sofia” the day before but it wasn’t until we tried to arrange our pickup that we were informed the meeting point was, in fact, the monastery itself at 9am This presented a significant challenge without personal transportation. We ended up getting transportation from another tour provider, hoping for museum access as advertised through our original tour. Sadly, we paid extra for museum entry (8 lev for ecclesiastical museum, 4 lev for kitchen museum). Furthermore, there is a lack of clarity regarding whether the guided tour facilitates group entry to the museums, a detail that is also absent from the advertisement. It's worth noting that the alternative provider we found offered a more economical option including transport and a legitimate e-guide. Our interactions with the provider proved challenging due to their unwavering belief in the clarity of their advertisement. Their inability to comprehend our confusion and their outright dismissal of constructive feedback left us immensely frustrated. In our opinion, the two tour options (Private and self-guided) should be distinctly separate advertisements, as their only shared aspect is the involvement of the monastery itself. We sincerely hope that this review eliminates any uncertainty for potential travellers and assists them in avoiding these mistakes.
- nick6BG00Very delightedWe took the self-guided option of the tour and we are very delighted as we got the wine tasting at a beautiful mansion with a very experienced sommelier, tried more types of wine than advertised and had all the guides notes for Varna in an electronic guide. Very flexible, cost effective and well done.
Privately Learn a Craft In Plovdiv provided by VisitBulgariaOn Bespoke Experiences
Product Overview: Privately Learn a Craft In Plovdiv
Number of Photos