On the shore of Lake Skadar, as a small town on the same river, there is – Rijeka Crnojevića, known as Montenegrin Venice. Near it, there are the remains of the Obod printing house, where the first Cyrillic book was printed in this part of Europe – in 1494. During the 19th and early 20th centuries, Rijeka Crnojevića was the largest Montenegrin port and a leading trading center, and in addition, the first pharmacy was opened in Montenegro, as well as the first weapons workshop. Paul’s side – one of the most attractive viewpoints in Montenegro, the most famous ‘postcard’ of Montenegro in world magazines. Virpazar is a small fishing village, located on the road between Podgorica and the Montenegrin coast. In the past, it was a strategically important trading city but today this place serves as the main gate in the Skadar Lake National Park. It is also recognizable by local wines, which you can taste in family vineyards and cellars in the center and the surrounding area.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Bicycles, helmets and gloves
- Driving by car, minivan, van or minibus from place of accommodation to the starting point of tour
- Driving by car, minivan, van or minibus from the end point of the tour to the place of accommodation
- Tourist guide for biking (English and Russian language)
- Tourist taxes,Travel Insurance
- Food and drink during the tour
- Other non-program costs
- Boat cruise - optional for extra fee
- Travel health insurance – optional for extra fee
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up from all hotels and other accommodations in Podgorica, Ulcinj, Bar, Budva, Kotor and Tivat. We pick up from ports: Kotor and Bar. Pick up from other cities in Montenegro on request for extra fee.
- Port of Kotor, E65, Kotor 85330, Montenegro
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 143877P52
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Conditions: Good physical and mental health
- Need to bring: Water, Food
- Equipment clothing: Waterproof clothes, Additional protective equipment from the rain – depending on weather conditions, Firmly shoes
- Recommendation: Take a sweet, energy drink, sun protection.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- How much is Rijeka Crnojevića Biking Tour?
- Rijeka Crnojevića Biking Tour price starts from $308.97. Discover and book Rijeka Crnojevića Biking Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Rijeka Crnojevića Biking Tour cancellation policy?
- Rijeka Crnojevića Biking Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Rijeka Crnojevića Biking Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Rijeka Crnojevića Biking Tour?
- Rijeka Crnojevića Biking Tour is hosted by Monte Mare Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Monte Mare Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Rijeka Crnojevića Biking Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Rijeka Crnojevića Biking Tour?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 5h. Discover and book Rijeka Crnojevića Biking Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 143877P52
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Rijeka CrnojevicaStop: 5 hoursPodgorica – Krusi – Rijeka Crnojevića – Komarno – Virpazar Trip facts: track length: 56 km, max. altitude: 422 m, total elevation: 958 m, weight: medium to heavy, ground: asphalt - land - macadam, availability: all year around depending on weather conditions The starting point of this tour is Podgorica – the capital of Montenegro. Biking through the Lješanska nahija about 9 km, ascent, biking through Rvaši towards the Rijeka Crnojevića. Arrival on Paul’s side – one of the most attractive viewpoints in Montenegro, the most famous ‘postcard’ of Montenegro in world magazines. Photo break – 20 min. Boat cruise – 1 hour – optional. After visiting Rijeka Crnojevića, we continue our easy drive towards Virpazar. A couple of climbs and getting to the end point of this tour – Continue biking and arriving at Rijeka Crnojevića, a small town on the same river known as Montenegrin Venice. Boat cruise – 1 hour – optional. After visiting Rijeka Crnojevića, we continue our easy drive towards Virpazar. A couple of climbs and getting to the end point of this tour – Virpazar. Biking tour lasts from 5 - 6 hours depending on your readiness + time for transfer depending on the city of your accommodation.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Monte Mare Travel
Joined in April 2019
#4 of 31 Food & Drink in Podgorica Municipality
- KanaghaKumar00A beautiful and memorable trip!My Montenegro trip turned out to be a very memorable journey, despite being a last-minute decision. I decided to take help from Montemare travel, and right from the start, they were very responsive. After I spoke with Milica over the phone, I felt at ease and trusted them to provide a custom tour itinerary to match my interests. I was also mentioned that the itinerary was flexible and I was able to customize it along the way by adding/removing spots as per my interests and changing weather. Milica also accompanied to receive me from the airport. Bojan, also my guide, was a gem of a person, very knowledgeable and he drove me to all the beautiful spots and ensured that I was comfortable during the tours. I'm grateful for the wonderful recommendations for trying delicious authentic vegetarian dishes during the tours and for capturing beautiful memories. Fortunately, the weather was sunny or favorable on most days, except for the day we headed to Zabljak, when we encountered a huge thunderstorm. Still managed to visit Ostrog Monastery amidst heavy rains!!! By the time we reached Black Lake, the weather had mostly cleared, and hence was able to enjoy its beauty. Given the limited time I had, I decided to allow them to book hotels for my stay, although I also had the option to book them on my own, which seemed like a good alternative. My personal favorites of the trip were Kotor, Perast, Stari Bar, Lovcen national park, Black lake, Lipa cave and Cetinje. Only thing was I had to cut short my trip by a day due to limited time. Although, hoping to visit Montenegro sometime again in the future.
- 720nadas00crno jezeroCrno Jezero (Black Lake) is a large glacial lake within Durmitor National Park and close to the small town of Zabljak in Montenegro. The lake is surrounded by dense pine forest and large mountains, including Medjed (2,237m / 7,503 ft), part of the Dinaric Alps range. Crno Jezero is actually made up of two lakes; Veliko Jezero (Big Lake) and Malo Jezero (Little Lake). During the summer months, the small straight that joins the lake dries up creating two distinct bodies of water.
- TravelWithTaliya00Our best tour experience in Montenegro!🇲🇪This tour made us fall in love with Montenegro! We did the Lipa Cave which was a hidden gem, a stunning Winery Tour where we learned the secrets to making quality wine & were spoiled with their best bottles and charcuterie boards, and lastly we ended our day with a sunset cruise through Skadar lake. It was a private tour so it was nice to play our own music, be able to have the guides attention 100% of the time, and to also make personal stops along the way. I loved this tour agency because they were very detail orientated towards our needs and even took us to beautiful viewpoints that were outside of our scheduled tours! They allowed time to take photos/videos without rushing me and I was able to capture the most incredible memories for my partner and I. If you’re looking for a 10/10 tour experience in Montenegro, leave the planning up to Monte Mare and you won’t be disappointed!😍
- coreyzab00Must DoWhat a magical place. Breathtaking views, stunning Forrest and great hike. Our tour guide was very helpful a very safe.
- Christina D00Trust them unequivocally with your vacations!We had a fantastic time with the tour organized for us by Monte Mare. Apart from offering a very well thought out itinerary, a top-notch mini bus & driver and in general a very professional service, they went over and above to lovingly attend to our every need, big or small. We were not an easy group (quite diverse and which included elderly on wheelchairs) and the weather was not on our side, yet they quickly reconfigured the schedule (thanks to Bojan, the mastermind!) to ensure that we all got to truly enjoy the best of the best of Montenegro. The jewel in the crown was George, our very knowledgeable yet so fun guide, who must be running on Duracell batteries😁 - love you George! Sincere thanks to the whole team for a 10/10 service - we couldn’t have felt any more welcomed and well taken care of! Don’t miss their Boka Bay/Perast/Kotor tour or their Durmitor/Black Lake tour - my very personal favorites!
- Amanda G00The best travel agencyThe best travel agency we have had experience with so far, very helpful, professional, polite, punctual, staff who know Montenegro best, our recommendation for Monte Mare Travel. With them, we will again organize an arrangement for Montenegro for us and our friends next year.
- nikkopetrov00Excellent guided tour with beautiful sightseeing and moderate (and immersive) nature activityThe whole Monte Mar team was so great to travel with. Everyone was extremely knowledgeable about their country - I learned a TON from them. But they were also dedicated to making sure I saw all that their beautiful country has to offer. Milica walked me through Kotor and Budva, Bojan drove with me round trip to Durmitor National Park, and George hiked with me through Lovcen National Park and Njegos Mausoleum. While this entire itinerary shouldn’t be missed, the mountains in this country - particularly Durmitor National Park - were spectacular. The rafting trip was super fun (not difficult at all) and the traditional mountain food they served was to die for. I also fell in love with Perast and the old town in Kotor (be sure to hike up the 1,000+ stairs to the fortress for spectacular views). Monte Mar was flexible to my schedule as I asked to skip/swap certain spots and also had to cut my tour a day short to catch an earlier flight to my next destination. I was also dying to stay in Sveti Stefan which was further than their suggested location in Podgorica, but they were able to find me a solid hotel with beautiful views to accommodate my request. While these locations are totally accessible for experienced solo travelers to do on their own (more experience and caution is necessary in the mountains of course), it was great to have Monte Mar to take me from location to location, teach me about the history of each site (helping me skip lines the whole way!), and also leave me some time to myself to walk around and explore. It was a good mix of sightseeing and activity. Definitely recommend for anyone looking for a guided trip to see the entirety of Montenegro!
- 26m_rcioc00A great experience!I had a great experience hiring Monte Mare Travel services in Podgorica. I strongly recommend to any traveler in Montenegro. Reliable company, good guides and excellent service.
- LyndsayM_World00Straight from a fairytaleThis hike is straight out of a fairytale! The air, the water, the colors, smells, sounds…pure bliss! Highly recommend this tour for a few hours of wonderland. The guide from Monte Mare Travel agency was great! Pointed out the local mushroom varieties, fruit trees, historical significant moments.
- LyndsayM_World00Quaint town with so much to offerLovely town with so much history and character. One could wander around for hours, hiking St. Giovanni Fortress, looking at all the unique architecture, trying the different cafes and souvenir shops, etc. Don’t miss this tour of you come to Montenegro! Monte Mare Travel agency is fabulous. They know how to take care of their clients; and I felt completely at ease in their hands.
- LyndsayM_World00One of the best ranges ever!This was a fabulous experience! From the start to end Monte Mare Travel Agency took great care of me and helped me navigate all my questions. Beautiful hike with an excellent guide. Zdravko, the guide, set the perfect pace and got me to some of the most spectacular views of my life. Very experienced and I felt in good hands. Plus, the drive to Durmitor National Park was breathtaking and a great experience in and of itself. I highly recommend this hike and this agency.
- razvaneugene00Montenegro is fascinating!Thanks for the trip. It was wonderful, even if the rain accompanied us the whole way. The landscapes are beautiful. Thanks also to George, who is an excellent guide and driver. The Ene family, Bucharest, Romania.
- J9942BXmostafaa00Rafting trip on Tara RiverExcellent experience. As I had a problem with the agency which suppose to arrange the rafting trip for us , I contact with this professional agency and they arrange everything, helpful sales personal and very professional stuff there . The food is the best in Montenegro both Breakfast and Lunch .. all are Natural Thanks to all of them. Special thanks to BoJin Raketic (our driver and guide) , very enthusiastic, energetic, helpful, passionated and has a lot of informations about all Montenegro which is a very important thing for Tourists. If we go back again to Montenegro we will repeat this excellent trip with this professional agency and of course we will call BoJin Raketic again.
- G2853MTpatricks00Excellent experienceFantastic guided hike through this company. Guide (Zdravko) was brilliant...set a pace that matched our skills..took photos the entire way .. explained a lot about the history of the area and the plant species etc (even recommend a fantastic wine for the evening!). Contact with the company throughout was excellent with quick answers at short notice.
- Patrick S00Extremely goodMonte Mare were extremely quick to respond to my initial enquiry about a short notice guided hike near Zabljak and were able to arrange at short notice that was not advertised and agreed a very fair price. The guide (Zdravko) was superb. Very knowledgeable about the plant life around us, understood our skills and fitness level and set the pace accordingly and took amazing photos to share with us all the way through.
Buy it with
Rijeka Crnojevića Biking Tour provided by Monte Mare Travel
Product Overview: Rijeka Crnojevića Biking Tour
Number of Photos