Rumija Hiking Tour
By Monte Mare Travel
Between the Skadar Lake and the Bar there is a massive Rumija, sometimes under dense forests and now mostly under the pastures. The highest peak of Rumija reaches a height of 1,595 m. “Rumija is a mountain that brings together sea and lake, sky and earth, it connects centuries and religions. Rumija is a sacred mountain of Montenegro that remembers the saints and warriors, kings and their vassals, the mountain whose history is still controversial even today. Rumija, like no other mountain or place in Montenegro, nurtures centuries long tradition and the memory of the holy king John Vladimir who was guarding his little kingdom at the crossroads of the great empires of the late 10th and early 11th century.” (Visokogorci Crne Gore)
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Duration: 4h 30m
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Driving by minivan, van or minibus from place of accommodation/stay to starting point of hiking tour
- Driving by minivan, van or minibus from the end point of hiking tour to place of accommodation/stay
- Tourist guide for hiking tours (English or Russian language)
- Hiking sticks
- Travel health insurance
- Food and drink during the tour
- Other non-program costs
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up from all hotels and other accommodations in Podgorica, Ulcinj, Bar, Budva, Kotor and Tivat. We pick from ports: Kotor and Bar. Pick up from other cities in Montenegro on request for extra fee.
- Port of Kotor, E65, Kotor 85330, Montenegro
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 143877P44
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Availability: November - May each year (depending on weather conditions)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- How much is Rumija Hiking Tour?
- Rumija Hiking Tour price starts from $179.84. Discover and book Rumija Hiking Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Rumija Hiking Tour cancellation policy?
- Rumija Hiking Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Rumija Hiking Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Rumija Hiking Tour?
- Rumija Hiking Tour is hosted by Monte Mare Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Monte Mare Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Rumija Hiking Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Rumija Hiking Tour?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h 30m. Discover and book Rumija Hiking Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 143877P44
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1RumijaStop: 4 hoursTrip facts: track length: 11 km, max. altitude: 1595 m, weight: medium, availability: all year around depending on weather conditions. The starting point is the village of Mali (Small) Mikulići, which is nearing the ascent. Mikulići are about 900 m. And we reach the highest peak in about 2h 30min. From the top there is a unique view on one side of the Adriatic Sea and the Montenegrin coast, and on the other side, the Skadar Lake, the Zeta Valley and the Prokletije. In return we can come to the church of Saint Sergej Radonješki, which was built in Russian style. Need to bring: comfortable shoes, sneakers or climbing shoes. Water, food and good mood for enjoyment! Note: The tour lasts 4 - 5 hours + time for transfer depending on the city of your accommodation.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Trust them unequivocally with your vacations!
We had a fantastic time with the tour organized for us by Monte Mare. Apart from offering a very well thought out i…
The best travel agency
The best travel agency we have had experience with so far, very helpful, professional, polite, punctual, staff who …
Excellent guided tour with beautiful sightseeing and moderate (and immersive) nature activity
The whole Monte Mar team was so great to travel with. Everyone was extremely knowledgeable about their country - I …
A great experience!
I had a great experience hiring Monte Mare Travel services in Podgorica. I strongly recommend to any traveler in Mo…
Straight from a fairytale
This hike is straight out of a fairytale! The air, the water, the colors, smells, sounds…pure bliss! Highly recomme…
Quaint town with so much to offer
Lovely town with so much history and character. One could wander around for hours, hiking St. Giovanni Fortress, lo…
One of the best ranges ever!
This was a fabulous experience! From the start to end Monte Mare Travel Agency took great care of me and helped me …
Montenegro is fascinating!
Thanks for the trip. It was wonderful, even if the rain accompanied us the whole way. The landscapes are beautiful…
Rafting trip on Tara River
Excellent experience. As I had a problem with the agency which suppose to arrange the rafting trip for us , I conta…
Fantastic guided hike through this company. Guide (Zdravko) was brilliant...set a pace that matched our skills..too…
Monte Mare were extremely quick to respond to my initial enquiry about a short notice guided hike near Zabljak and …
Reliable family-owned travel agency
Monte Mare is a very reliable company. From the start, they were very responsive. Milica, its Marketing and Sales …
Excellent Budva City Tour. Very good!
Excellent Budva walking tour. Highly recommend. Friendly guide. Learnt so much. She was so sweet. Very interes…
If you visit Cetinje, you should toke this guide
We used this travel agency to arrange a l-hour walking tour of the city of Cetinje with a local guide (Filip). I ca…
Budva is a must see for anyone traveling in the region. Its an "old town" with a wonderful past. The night time e…