Piva Lake Ring Biking Tour
By Monte Mare Travel
Piva Lake is an artificial lake created by the construction of Hydro Power Plant ’Piva’ in 1975. There is a dam, near village Mratinje, called ‘Mratinje Dam’, 10 kilometers from Šćepan Polje, which is 220 meters high and it is one of the highest in Europe. The lake itself is deep at some places more than 200 meters. It is 45 kilometers long. Piva Lake represents the largest reservoir of fresh water and it also has fantastic conditions for doing sports activities. It is especially attractive for fishing and sightseeing residual details of the submerged Piva River canyon. On the bottom of the lake there is the old town Plužine. Piva Monastery was also there, but it has been relocated, so the new location of the monastery is 8 km from Plužine (3.5 km away from the original location of the monastery). The relocation has lasted 13 years (started in 1969 and finished in 1982). This Monastery is considered to be one of the most important Orthodox monasteries in Montenegro.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Duration: 5h 30m
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bicycles, helmets and gloves
- Driving by minivan, van or minibus from place of accommodation to the starting point of biking tour
- Drive by minivan, van or minibus from the end point of the biking tour to the place of accommodation
- Tourist guide for biking (English and Russian language)
- Food and drink during the tour
- Other non-program costs
- Travel health insurance – optional
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up from all hotels and other accommodations in Podgorica, Ulcinj, Bar, Budva, Kotor and Tivat. We pick up from ports: Kotor and Bar. Pick up from other cities in Montenegro on request for extra fee.
- Port of Kotor, E65, Kotor 85330, Montenegro
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 143877P26
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Conditions: Good physical and mental health
- Need to bring: Water, Food
- Equipment clothing: Waterproof clothes, Additional protective equipment from the rain – depending on weather conditions, Firmly shoes
- Recommendation: Take a sweet, energy drink, sun protection.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Availability: April - October each year (depending on weather conditions)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- A note from Piva Lake Ring Biking Tour
What you can expect during your visit
- Masks are required indoors as well as while driving in a vehicle.
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Piva Lake Ring Biking Tour?
- Piva Lake Ring Biking Tour price starts from $222.51. Discover and book Piva Lake Ring Biking Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Piva Lake Ring Biking Tour cancellation policy?
- Piva Lake Ring Biking Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Piva Lake Ring Biking Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Piva Lake Ring Biking Tour?
- Piva Lake Ring Biking Tour is hosted by Monte Mare Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Monte Mare Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Piva Lake Ring Biking Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Piva Lake Ring Biking Tour?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 5h 30m. Discover and book Piva Lake Ring Biking Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 143877P26
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
The best travel agency
The best travel agency we have had experience with so far, very helpful, professional, polite, punctual, staff who …
Excellent guided tour with beautiful sightseeing and moderate (and immersive) nature activity
The whole Monte Mar team was so great to travel with. Everyone was extremely knowledgeable about their country - I …
A great experience!
I had a great experience hiring Monte Mare Travel services in Podgorica. I strongly recommend to any traveler in Mo…
Straight from a fairytale
This hike is straight out of a fairytale! The air, the water, the colors, smells, sounds…pure bliss! Highly recomme…
Quaint town with so much to offer
Lovely town with so much history and character. One could wander around for hours, hiking St. Giovanni Fortress, lo…
One of the best ranges ever!
This was a fabulous experience! From the start to end Monte Mare Travel Agency took great care of me and helped me …
Montenegro is fascinating!
Thanks for the trip. It was wonderful, even if the rain accompanied us the whole way. The landscapes are beautiful…
Rafting trip on Tara River
Excellent experience. As I had a problem with the agency which suppose to arrange the rafting trip for us , I conta…
Fantastic guided hike through this company. Guide (Zdravko) was brilliant...set a pace that matched our skills..too…
Monte Mare were extremely quick to respond to my initial enquiry about a short notice guided hike near Zabljak and …
Reliable family-owned travel agency
Monte Mare is a very reliable company. From the start, they were very responsive. Milica, its Marketing and Sales …
Excellent Budva City Tour. Very good!
Excellent Budva walking tour. Highly recommend. Friendly guide. Learnt so much. She was so sweet. Very interes…
If you visit Cetinje, you should toke this guide
We used this travel agency to arrange a l-hour walking tour of the city of Cetinje with a local guide (Filip). I ca…
Budva is a must see for anyone traveling in the region. Its an "old town" with a wonderful past. The night time e…
Nicely organised tour with this agency. Their guide was very good and I had good experience. Budva is interesting …