Odessa's Hidden Story: the Catacombs
By Odessa Walks
A walk through the largest system of the underground tunnels in Europe. The most comprehensive tour of the Odessa Catacombs. From to 200-year old mines and quarries to criminal headquarters to WW2 partisans’ base this is an exciting story of the hidden under the ground Odessa. We'll start the underground journey with a walk through the authentic mines and quarries (aka wild catacombs). We'll explore how the miners created the tunnels about 200 yrs ago and see original artifacts of that period. Odessa's catacombs and the criminals. Discover how the smugglers used the tunnels and hear fun stories of Odessa's criminal world. A walk through the WW2 resistance quarters will take you back in time to Odessa's occupation and show how people lived under the ground. And as we get outside the tunnels, we'll glimpse at the local village and see the route we covered under the ground. Join us on this fascinating journey as we explore the underground city bringing its history to life.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Catacombs of Odessa
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up guests from their address in Odessa (hotel or apartment). The guide will come with the Odessa Walks sign.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 101338P10
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour isn't infant-friendly
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Odessa's Hidden Story: the Catacombs?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Odessa's Hidden Story: the Catacombs on Tripadvisor
- How much is Odessa's Hidden Story: the Catacombs?
- Odessa's Hidden Story: the Catacombs price starts from $49.00. Discover and book Odessa's Hidden Story: the Catacombs on Tripadvisor
- What is the Odessa's Hidden Story: the Catacombs cancellation policy?
- Odessa's Hidden Story: the Catacombs cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Odessa's Hidden Story: the Catacombs on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Odessa's Hidden Story: the Catacombs?
- Odessa's Hidden Story: the Catacombs is hosted by Odessa Walks. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Odessa Walks on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Odessa's Hidden Story: the Catacombs on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 101338P10
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Catacombs of OdessaStop: 2 hours - Admission includedWe'll walk through the authentic mines, aka “wild catacombs”. See how the smugglers and the WW2 resistance used the tunnels.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
The Odessa Opera Theater is such a beauty. I wish Odessa, Ukraine a victory Glory to Ukraine. Odessa - my favori…
Fantastic tour of Odessa with Olga
I have been visiting Ukraine since 2004, and in that time I have only ever visited Odessa once, and it was only a r…
Mme. Olga is the excellent guide
I spent perfect time with Mme. Olga, she is such patient, well knowledge person! I learned so much from her about t…
FOOD TOUR is fantastic!
Had a great day with Olga! Best way to see & learn about the culture and history of the beautiful city. Food was gr…
Great Way to See Odessa
We were very lucky to book this tour! Sasha is an amazing guide that has a lot of knowledge about the city. The pub…
Pub Walk Odessa
Outstanding tour. I thought this would only be visiting pubs in Odessa. I discovered that tour was pubs and more. W…
Excellent tour and guide
We have just returned from a three day visit to Odessa. We arranged our tours with Olga at Odessa Walks by e mail.…
A lot of interesting history of the city of Odessa, the tour guide was very informative about the history of the ci…
Professional, proficient...but not engaging
I really liked Odessa, so was looking forward to this tour. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that I was the…
Highlight of Ukraine trip! Fantastic!
I spent three days with Olga, the first on a general city tour with a group I'd been touring with, the second and t…
Best way to explore Odessa
Odessa is a beautiful city but to really understand you need help from a local, and Odessa Walks is perfect for tha…
We made two tours with Olga, one in the city center and one in the catacombs. She is very well informed, knows what…
Excellent walking tour about jewish heritage in Odessa
We did a great walking tour with Olga. She is very knowlegeable and she gave us excellent explanations about many …
Get Up Close and Personal with Odessa
If you're going to do any tours of the city, definitely skip the ubiquitous driving tours and stick with Odessa Wal…
Excellent Moldavanka Tour!
I did the Moldavanka tour with Aleksandra. It was great and I would recommend it to anyone interested in this neigh…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Well, thanks to covid we had the entire place to oursevles. Sasha again was an awesome guide providing us with a historical look at early Odessa. I recommend her highly! Next time we will try the wine tour!
Written October 4, 2020
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.