per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 7–8 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- 1 Soda or 1 Beer per person
- Entry/Admission - Pacaya Volcano
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- All hotels in Antigua Guatemala
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 87801P9
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Day Tour to Pacaya Volcano from Antigua Guatemala on Private Vehicle?
- Day Tour to Pacaya Volcano from Antigua Guatemala on Private Vehicle price starts from $95.00. Discover and book Day Tour to Pacaya Volcano from Antigua Guatemala on Private Vehicle on Tripadvisor
- What is the Day Tour to Pacaya Volcano from Antigua Guatemala on Private Vehicle cancellation policy?
- Day Tour to Pacaya Volcano from Antigua Guatemala on Private Vehicle cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Day Tour to Pacaya Volcano from Antigua Guatemala on Private Vehicle on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Day Tour to Pacaya Volcano from Antigua Guatemala on Private Vehicle?
- Day Tour to Pacaya Volcano from Antigua Guatemala on Private Vehicle is hosted by Gt Business & Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Gt Business & Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Day Tour to Pacaya Volcano from Antigua Guatemala on Private Vehicle on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 87801P9
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Pacaya VolcanoStop: 3 hours - Admission includedPacaya Volcano in Guatemala is one of the most active volcanoes in Central America. With an altitude of 8300 feet above sea level, the 2-hour hiking is definitely worth the effort. Dry Lava rivers, steam wells, volcanic rocks, and sand will take you into an out-of-this-world experience. Along the hiking, you will also be able to see the surrounding volcanoes. Our well-informed guide will share with you the history and secrets of the Colossus. If you´re lucky, you might have the chance to watch lava flowing down the crater.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Gt Business & Travel
#11 of 152 Tours & Activities in Antigua
- Teresa S00Awesome tour to lake AtitlanMarlon, the driver who picked un up at the Hotel and drove us to and fromPanajachel was excellent! Knowledgeable and an expert. A delight to be in his company. Kevin, the local guide in Panajachel who took us to San Juan La Laguna has a real talent, is a true gentleman and a real knowledgeable guide. The kid is an encyclopedia. I highly recommend Marlon and Kevin and really hope to see them again and my husband and I look forward to more tours and trips with them!
- 482ximenap00Amazing private tour/ increible vista del LagoThe tour was fantastic, our driver was Marlon and he picked us up at hour hotel and was very kind and answered all our questions. Brenda was our local guide and she was AMAZING. The lake is breathtaking. Nuestro tour fue fantastico, nuestro chofer fue Marlon y nos recogió puntual en el hotel y fue muy amable en contestar todas nuestras preguntas. Brenda fue nuestra guía local y fue INCREIBLE. La vista del lago fue espectacular
- BeccaLynn7700Wonderful service!Clean, private transportation. Driver was easy to find even after our delayed flight. Nice conversation on the way to our hotel.
- BeccaLynn7700Easy Peasy!Easy to schedule, prompt communication, and delivered us to our destination in a safe and timely manner.
- Ari H00Enjoyable and informativeDavid was very knowledgeable about the local area and was easy to converse with and ask questions. He seemed to genuinely enjoy being a tour guide and was happy to help with language translation when we were in the stores. I would highly recommend this tour, especially if you are staying in Antigua or Guatemala City and want to see the natural panorama beauty of Guatemala.
- Melissa E00Good valueReliable & friendly driver picked us up in a clean and comfortable van. He knew the roads well and handled unforeseen circumstances well.
- oak2wn00Great communication, fun trip!A group of 12 of us split up into two tours, and we all had a great time! Pluses: - Excellent communication with tour operator leading up to the trip - Our driver Marlon was fantastic! Several people in the party spoke Spanish in the van, so we had some great conversation in the car! - Our guide, Nicolas, was also great! Super knowledgable and from San Santiago (our last stop). - Nicolas adjusted our tour in San Juan (first stop) when we had told him we had already done a tour of another chocolate company. We ended up going to a bee farm (stingless bees) and textile demonstration/shop. Note: the black and white honey were very tasty! - We had 3 stops: San Juan (about 2 hours), San Pedro (like 10 min.), and San Santiago (we ate lunch there and then had about 45 min. there--also included a tuktuk ride). - Our boat captain (didn't catch his name, unfortunately) was also great--we had the boat to ourselves. Note: PM waters are choppy and it's a small vessel, but seats are padded (you will feel some of those bumps for sure, though). - Overall, a great time! Minuses: - I'm not sure why we bother to stop in San Pedro (which gives off a very touristy vibe, way more than the other places) if we only stop there for a few minutes. Note: - When tipping, we tipped the tour guide, the driver, and the boat captain separately. They all worked hard, and we wanted to make sure they all got a tip.
- Karina L00Ten out of ten!This was such a wonderful experience and great value! Our driver Marlon took excellent care of our party the entire day. He was incredibly knowledgeable and gave us wonderful recommendations that really enhanced our overall experience in Guatemala. Our guide David was also amazing! He was very knowledgeable and also took excellent care of our party. It was such a pleasure meeting him and having him as our guide. Ten out of ten.
- dwights50400Lake Atitlan is more Magical with the Right Guide, and Joel was PerfectOur guide, Joel, made our day at Lake Atitlan come to life in a way that only a local could. It was so impressive to have a guide who was so young be so well informed on the history and culture. The magic of these beautiful places was enhanced by Joel's personality and insights. We enjoyed a full day at the lake. We enjoyed the food, art, and music. One of the highlights was visiting the textile coop. I wound up buying a beautiful bathrobe in their shop and I love it. There were several vendors selling goods all over Antigua and the other communities, but Joel gave us the insight that Guatemalans actually buy textiles from the communities around the lake. We cannot recommend Joel enough. He showed us a side of these communities few outsiders ever get to appreciate.
- kilaonig00Atitlan day tripHighly recommend this day trip! Our driver Saul picked us up from our hotel, stopped at a place about an hour outside Antigua, and we had coffee and used the restrooms. Then, on to Lake Atitlan. We met our guide Kevin. We stopped at San Juan La Laguna, San Pedro La Laguna, and Santiago Atitlan. Kevin was very knowledgeable and taught us some words from Tz'utujil and Kaqchikel. It was cloudy when we set off for the first village then the sun came out. At the last village Santiago where Kevin is from was when it started drizzling. So the boat ride back to Panajachel was bumpy but no biggie. Awesome experience!
- genesisg61600Excellent serviceAmazing service! The gentlemen was very nice and polite. Helped us load and unload all of our luggage. Patiently waited for me at the airport after I had a few things go wrong with my luggage which caused a delay. He waited for me over an hour after our arrival. Most importantly; we arrived in Guatemala in the middle of the night and we were headed to antigua. The curves can be very dangerous. Our driver was very cautious we felt safe the entire drive. I believe the name of our driver was Saul.
- dianaquartey00Recommend This All Day TourVery enjoyable trip lots of history felt We could have had more time to see everything…. guess I have to return
- Road71299400Transportation to Lake Atitlan/ AntiguaGT business and travel was awesome. Our driver Marlon was wonderful. Great conversation with English and practicing my sons Spanish. A very safe driver . Truly it was a great experience. They were there at the airport with our name on a sign and made the whole process easy . I would highly recommend this transportation company while in Guatemala if you are traveling to Lake Atitlan and / or Antigua.
- EllenTexasGulfCoast00Don't hesitate to book this tour!We visited several villages near Antigua during a very pleasant day. The most memorable was the chocolate "factory," where we saw intensely hands-on artisanal production of discs of chocolate, some flavored with cardamom, ginger, orange. I loved visiting this tiny local business enterprise! The visit to the macadamia place included a face massage with macadamia oil. The coffee roaster was a bit touristy for our taste, but overall the places we visited were well worth the trip, interesting & even endearing. Our guide gave us insights into life in that area.
- 888brendonw00San Juan is worthwhile; Marlin is one of the best driversMy family and I went with Marlin. And you know what? He was one of the BEST drivers i have ever been with. Informative, kind, funny, and generous. The explanations about Guatemalan history and different towns and worthwhile places was very well explained and fascinating. Also, when a local market ran out coconuts and this man went out of his way to help my Ma find a coconut and also some other fruits too! He is so appreciative of people he meets and loves to give great guidance. Ask for him if you have a chance. Lake Atitlan itself was beautiful. Pana is a town worth walking through. San Juan was the best, with a special demonstration of how to weave clothes and a unique tasting of chocolate. Make sure to especially ask to try chocolate at San Juan—it is not like what you are used to, it’s fresh and otherworldly. San Juan is also incredibly beautiful and colorful! Not sure if we thought much of Santiago or San Pedro, but San Juan and Pana were worthwhile.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Fabulous 4-day girls trip!! Our driver, Marlon, was fantastic! Very knowledgeable, friendly, and safe. Our travel included historic and quaint Antigua, horseback riding and hike up the Pacaya volcano (stunning!), boat ride in Panajachel, and tour of the colorful Chichicastenago market in the town of El Quiche! Thank you, Byron, for coordinating all transportation and activities!! We are planning a return visit!
Written November 16, 2021
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. Your review definitely motivates us to keep moving forward. It has been a real honor to work for three adorable American ladies. We´re so happy to know you enjoyed all the activities and felt safe with Marlon the whole trip. We'd love to have you back!
Written November 17, 2021
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
Buy it with
Day Tour to Pacaya Volcano from Antigua Guatemala on Private Vehicle provided by Gt Business & Travel
Product Overview: Day Tour to Pacaya Volcano from Antigua Guatemala on Private Vehicle
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos