Tour apx time is 5-6 hr. Max 4 ppl. Price is per person Originally inhabited by the Wampanoag people, Martha's Vineyard was known in the Massachusett language as Noepe, or "land amid the streams". In 1642, the Wampanoag numbered somewhere around 3,000 on the island. By 1764, that number had dropped to 313. A smaller island to the south was named "Martha's Vineyard" by the English explorer Bartholomew Gosnold, who sailed to the island in 1602. The name was later transferred to the main island. It is the eighth-oldest surviving English place-name in the United States. English settlement began with the purchase of Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and the Elizabeth Islands by Thomas Mayhew of Watertown, Massachusetts from two English "owners". He had friendly relations with the Wampanoags on the island, in part because he was careful to honor their land rights. His son, also named Thomas Mayhew, began the first English settlement in 1642 at Great Harbor (later Edgartown, Massachusetts)
Lowest price guarantee
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
- Start:Multiple pickup locations offered.Pickup details
Airport pickup offeredDuring checkout you will be able to select from the list of included airports.
- Please provide hotel you are staying at or, if you are coming by ship from Woods Hole, time of arrival. If you are flying into MV Airport please specify airlines and arrival time. Thank you
Port pickup offeredDuring checkout you will be able to select from the list of included ports.
- Martha's Vineyard Airport, 71 Airport Rd, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02568
End:This activity ends back at the meeting point.
- Vineyard Haven Marina, 52 Beach Rd, Vineyard Haven, MA 02568, USA
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 118285P33
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- How much is Private tour of Martha's Vineyard with lunch included?
- Private tour of Martha's Vineyard with lunch included price starts from $700.00. Discover and book Private tour of Martha's Vineyard with lunch included on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private tour of Martha's Vineyard with lunch included cancellation policy?
- Private tour of Martha's Vineyard with lunch included cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Private tour of Martha's Vineyard with lunch included on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private tour of Martha's Vineyard with lunch included?
- Private tour of Martha's Vineyard with lunch included is hosted by Discover Africa. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Discover Africa on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private tour of Martha's Vineyard with lunch included on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 118285P33
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1EdgartownStop: 6 minutesWelcome to Martha's Vineyard island, known for its beautiful and picturesque landscape and traditional New England style houses. With this private tour we will explore Martha's Vineyard as much as possible, by car and by foot, from Edgartown to Oak Bluffs, Lamberts Cove in Tisbury, Vineyard Heaven and famous Gay Head ( Aquinnah) At the lunch time we will stop at famous specialty coffee shop, Behind The Bookstore Cafe (lunch included) and will have a chance to visit the most famous Edgartown Bookstore. Martha's Vineyard, a Massachusetts island, sits in the Atlantic just south of Cape Cod. A longtime New England summer colony, it encompasses harbor towns and lighthouses, sandy beaches and farmland. It's accessible only by boat or air. Vineyard Haven, on the eastern end, is a ferry port and the island's commercial center. Oak Bluffs has Carpenter Gothic cottages and an iconic carousel, which we visit during this trip. Aquinnah is a town located on the island of Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts. Until 1997, the town was called Gay Head. It is known for its beautiful clay cliffs and quiet natural serenity. We welcome you to explore the beauty of Martha's Vineyard with us.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
Joined in November 2019
#321 of 645 Transportation in Zanzibar Island
- annmaried42800Total rip off!Rwanda airport charge you $30 US to smoke in the airport smoking lounge. Total rip off! Please see photo attached which shows the 2 person smoking booth.
- kathyhK9551WZ00FastWe were happy to get this ride in a Bmw motorcar with a pleasant informative driver that pointed out multiple site along The way
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Is it possible that the price of this is $700?!! for a coffee house lunch? That HAS to be a typo. I can't believe it's that expensive for a bottle of water and a sandwich. This can't be right.
Written October 26, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
It is a private tour with lunch included. It is not a public tour.
Written November 4, 2022
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
Private tour of Martha's Vineyard with lunch included provided by Discover Africa
Product Overview: Private tour of Martha's Vineyard with lunch included
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos