Day trip to Transfagarasan
By Eastern European Experience
In the morning we drive to the former capital of Wallachia, Targoviste and visit the remains of the court of Vlad the Impaler, better known as Dracula. Next stop is in Curtea de Arges where we visit one of the most beautiful churches in Romania, also the burial site of the first Romanian kings. From this holly place we keep on driving to the ruins of Poienari Castle, Dracula’s fortification which overlooks over the Carpathian Mountains. Our next piece of road is also our destination. The Transfagarasan road, build by Ceausescu, with the help of the army is breathtaking and takes us all the way up to the summit of the mountain where we discover the astonishing glacial lake of Balea. From here we start our long but beautiful drive back home.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
per adult (price varies by group size)
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Licensed Private Guide
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your hotel or at any other location of your choice in the city
- Modern & comfortable A/C car or minivan at your disposal during the tour
- Entrance fees to all mentioned sites
- VIP skip-the-line admission
- Bottled water
- Free Wi-fi in all our vehicles
- Entry/Admission - Poienari Castle
- Photo fees
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pickup from any hotel in Bucharest
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 16115P37
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Day trip to Transfagarasan?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Day trip to Transfagarasan on Tripadvisor
- How much is Day trip to Transfagarasan?
- Day trip to Transfagarasan price starts from $179.78. Discover and book Day trip to Transfagarasan on Tripadvisor
- What is the Day trip to Transfagarasan cancellation policy?
- Day trip to Transfagarasan cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Day trip to Transfagarasan on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Day trip to Transfagarasan?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 12h. Discover and book Day trip to Transfagarasan on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 16115P37
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Poienari CastleStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Transfagarasan HighwayStop: 2 hoursSee details
- 3Vidraru DamStop: 60 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Well organised trip
Great trip. Vlad made a concerted effort to keep us informed of all significant buildings/sites as we left Buchares…
Very nice road
It was very nice. Problém was on the street. More road repairs and them we had delays. But bus was great and comfor…
Amazing Eastern European Experience!!
My girlfriend and I travelled from Bucharest to Peles Castle, Brasov, Bran Castle and Rasnov fortress with Mr Julie…
Amazing Day Trip from Bucharest!
Great day trip! Would definitely recommend if visiting Bucharest for a few days. We were picked up from our hotel i…
Would recommend the trip! Exploring the culture in Romania
We had a wonderful time on our trip to Pele's, Bran Castle, and Brasov. Our tour guide, Vlad, was amazing! He was k…
Well-organized and well-paced day trip
I had a great time on this excursion with our guide Vlad and driver Marius. Beautiful castles, spooky sites, and a …
Long yet great day!
It was a really awesome trip. I am Malaysian and Islam. No discrimination, no racists. He ( he said his name is Vla…
Must do trip
Excellent day out really is 12 hours long. Visited the wonderful pele castle, bran castle and Stunning Braşov! Comm…
We went on the tour last week, all information was sent clearly and on time via WhatsApp. We were picked up on time…
Great day trip with lots to see and do
This was a amazing day trip at a very good price. Both castles were great in their own way and the Transylvanian co…
Great guide and fun tour!
The guide was very informative and friendly. We received a lot of interesting information from him, we got the opti…
Great company & guides
This was a great tour, great value for money. Our guide Iulian provided us with a ton of information and history of…
We where guided by Vlad
We where guided by Vlad, he was very friendly and told a lot of things about Castles and Romania overall. We recomm…
Day trip away from Bucharest
Vlad was very helpful and adjusted to everyones needs! Coach was nice and driver was perfect. Couldn't recommend en…
Great one day trip
If you want to visit both castles from Bucharest this is both money and time saving option. It's well organized. Ou…
Buy it with
Day trip to Transfagarasan provided by Eastern European Experience
Product Overview: Day trip to Transfagarasan
|Number of Photos||1|