per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Duration: 8–10 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Unirea Salt Mine
- Entry/Admission - Vulcanii Noroiosi (Muddy Volcanoes)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to Muddy volcanoes & Unirea salt mine (~6 euro)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 41481P5
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Bucharest Muddy Volcanoes and Unirea Salt Mine Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Bucharest Muddy Volcanoes and Unirea Salt Mine Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private Bucharest Muddy Volcanoes and Unirea Salt Mine Tour?
- Private Bucharest Muddy Volcanoes and Unirea Salt Mine Tour price starts from $174.14. Discover and book Private Bucharest Muddy Volcanoes and Unirea Salt Mine Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Bucharest Muddy Volcanoes and Unirea Salt Mine Tour cancellation policy?
- Private Bucharest Muddy Volcanoes and Unirea Salt Mine Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Private Bucharest Muddy Volcanoes and Unirea Salt Mine Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Bucharest Muddy Volcanoes and Unirea Salt Mine Tour?
- Private Bucharest Muddy Volcanoes and Unirea Salt Mine Tour is hosted by Secret Romania. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Secret Romania on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Bucharest Muddy Volcanoes and Unirea Salt Mine Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 41481P5
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Unirea Salt MineStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Vulcanii Noroiosi (Muddy Volcanoes)Stop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in April 2015
#69 of 431 Tours & Activities in Bucharest
- Destination52169500Great DayVlad, our tour guide, made the trip. His knowledge of the area and the sites is unsurpassed. If you take this tour, you should make sure you have Vlad as your guide.
- 415ananyac00Amazing trip in a beautiful countryFlorin and Corina are fantastic. Right from the start, they were organised, efficient and responsive. We came up with a bespoke tour for 7 friends with a focus on Transylvania. Florin was our driver and guide. He became an honorary member of the group sharing his knowledge, expertise and humour. There is so much to see, Romania is beautiful. Food and wine was great - Florin hand-picked the restaurants to ensure that there were vegetarian options. Mama Gerda's lunch in Viscri with the sour cherry brandy was a highlight. As Florin says - never trust a skinny tour guide when it comes to food! Not only dud we have a trip of a lifetime but we made a new friend. Highlights: Corvin, Bran, Peles, Fagaras castles, Emerald Lake, Sibiu, Brasov & Bucharest.
- 775Laura00The company to book with for the attention to detail and customer experienceA 4 day private tour we arranged with Secret Romania that was immense. It was above expectations and we will definitely be back to România to experience more of this wonderfully vibrant country and would only book with Secret România to do so. From making our original enquiry the communication was exceptionally reliable. Tailoring to our requests and interests; the owners were very knowledgeable to advise us on travel possibilities and places of interest to consider. Everything was made easy from accommodation choices to attractions and travel routes meaning we didn’t have to worry about any of the planning or organisation as it was all expertly taken care for us. Secret România collected us from Bucharest and over 4 days we journeyed to Braşov, Sibiu, Sighisoara and returning to Bucharest. Our tour guide was Alex and he crafted each day specifically to ensure we could immerse ourselves in the sites we visited and the places in which we stayed. We were made to feel incredibly comfortable throughout the tour. A pleasure to meet Florin, one of the owners, who kindly transported us to the airport on our final day with the added bonus of insights into Bucharest along the way. Thoroughly recommend booking with Secret România.
- Mickey M00Private tour of Bucharest & TransylvaniaWe enjoyed a very well organized and well guided private tour. Florin, our organizer, provided a very nice tour of Bucharest and then transferred us to the care of Bogdan, who guided us on four days of mountain walks and cultural activities in Transylvania. There was an planning error by one of the hotels and Florin worked very quickly to resolve it in a satisfactory way, which is the sign of a good tour company. We saw beautiful landscapes and learned much about Romanian culture, history and tradition. We have traveled all over the world and we highly recommend this company.
- mcZ6264VC00Amazing two week tour of RomaniaSecret Romania organized a custom program for my group of 12 people. While I am very experienced in Romania, the rest of my group were college students travelling to Romania for the first time. Our trip was for 14 days, and we visited many different parts of Romania, including Bucharest, the Danube Delta, and multiple parts of Transylvania. Our program included both formal tours in cities and at historical sites, fun excursions, hikes in beautiful natural locations, and free time exploring the culture of the cities we visited. Corina and Florin organized the trip for us, including all our local travel and accommodations, and then Florin served as our guide. I cannot recommend them highly enough. The program was extremely well organized, met our requested budget, and they accommodated many special requests for our group. The program stayed organized during our daily travel, but also flexible when we decided to adapt. During the two weeks, Florin was highly gregarious, knowledgeable, and attentive to our needs, both big and small. When a person in our group lost a valuable item, Florin was critical in helping us recover it. The accommodations were excellent in every city. Florin and Corina at Secret Romania are passionate about their home country, and sharing it with visitors, and it shows in the excellence they applied to our trip. I am happy to give them the highest recommendation.
- MaykeMoraes00The Best Travel Agency in Romania, for sure!For sure, Secret Romania is the best agency in the country. I've already visited 72 countries and I always try to know the region I'm in with the help of an agency, tour or local guide and what Secret Romania provided was much more than just a true cultural immersion, the guides made my fiancée and I feel part of the place visited, not as mere tourists, but as locals, experiencing the region's true culture and not as tourists looking only for what travel books want that you see. I can say that the tour we did with them is in the TOP 3 of the best travel experiences we've ever had in life and I'm sure that if you are looking for an experience of Romanian culture and its places, there is no better agency for it. Secret Romania is the best.
- Sherwinsanagustin00Awesome Experience to See Dracula CastleI am a family of four. Two adults and two small kids age 3 and 6. I highly encourage for anyone planning to see Dracula Castle and Brasov and Peles Castle to book this private tour. Why bother going with big groups? Customize your trip, stop whenever you want is the best way to see Romania! I did my tour with Florin of Secret Romania. He is liscensed and have a lot of background information during this trip. He is on time and he can skip the line for you and grab your tickets! You spend all your money and time to travel to Romania, dont ruin the experience by booking with the wrong tour guides! Highly recommended. Very professional tour guide. I Have traveled to 64 countries, take my advice!
- Sherwinsanagustin00Great Family TourWe did a a day trip tour with Florin in Bucharest in Aug 2021. He is knowledgable about this history and every inches on this city. He grew up here and knows what to see, where to eat, history background. I feel that Private tours is the best way to go for single people, couples and specially families! I cannot stand walking around with groups of people who want different things. The best way you can maximize your time is hiring Secret Romania for your travel needs. He offers many trips not just this one. He is responsive is responsive and flexible. He also have a nice clean vehicle to take you around. Book with him and you will not regret it!
- laura85ro00Iconic Romanian DestinationsGreat experience! Sinaia, Brasov and Bran are 3 of the iconic Romanian destinations. This tour helped me find out things that I didn't know and see in a new light these castles! It has been a wonderful relaxing experience, that I recommend to everyone! 🤗
- laura85ro00The hidden gems of BucharestAn extraordinary opportunity to find out more about a city where I leave for more than 15 years. We usually have the tendancy to ignore the sightseeing in our own town, but we had the great chamce to go on this tour together with our Jamaican friends, travelling from London: it's the perfect combination between historical information spiced with interesting details, hidden sightseeing gems and a very pleasent company. They take care of all the details - all you need to do is lay back, relax and enjoy!
- Ronit T00FantasticI had seen a lot of pictures of this road online but being there doesn’t compare. It is an amazing scenic route, perfect to get a quick escape from a busy city. Florin is an amazing guide, he is super friendly, speaks English very well and just makes the whole experience even better. Would totally recommend it!
- Ronit T00Mandatory tour in BucharestI took this tour the first day after I arrived in Bucharest and it was the best thing I could have done. Florin is an amazing guide who explained everything to me, allowing me to truly appreciate what I was seeing; as well as understanding the culture and the people a lot better. It is a very complete tour were you see the key things in Bucharest. Definitely a must!
- Ronit T00AmazingGreat trip and a must if you go to Rumania. Florin is super knowledgeable and will give you all the background information you need to really appreciate what you are seeing. He speaks english very well and is super friendly. I totally recommend it!
- 939eduardo00FantasticExcellent trip. First day we took a trip to Transfagarasen with Andrey and enjoyed it so much. Very next day we booked another trip now with Florin to Brasov and Transylvania, again, excellent experience. Our tour guides were very professional and nice!!! Recommend it 💯
- TahoeEllen00Excellent trip!!!I connected with Secret Romania thru trip.me. Florin and I worked together to put together a 9 day trip with a driver/tour guide. Florin was so easy to work with. He accommodated everything I asked for. He responded so quickly when I sent emails even though we are 10 hours apart. He picked us up from the airport and took us to get something to eat before we settled into our hotel. In the morning we met our tour guide Ana. She was amazing! We drove around the country together for 9 days. She knew the history of everything, wherever we went. She even added a few off the beaten path stops that most people never see. She was so friendly, funny and happy. We had a trip that was far greater than we ever expected! We have traveled a lot, but must say this was one of our favorite trips! I highly recommend Romania and without reservation I highly suggest Florin, Ana and Secret Romania if you are going there. Many of our friends have put this on their bucket list after seeing all our pictures. I told them Secret Romania and Florin Preda are the only way to go!! Cant say enough great things about them. Just trust me! Use them!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
If you are looking at doing something completely different, this is the tour. Florin is an amazing guide, who speaks english very well and is more than happy to accommodate to what you want. I love taking pictures and he didn’t mind me asking him a million times, he would actually make sure they looked good. Salt mines and muddy volcanoes takes you a different reality. I totally recommend it!
Written August 2, 2021
Buy it with
Private Bucharest Muddy Volcanoes and Unirea Salt Mine Tour provided by Secret Romania
Product Overview: Private Bucharest Muddy Volcanoes and Unirea Salt Mine Tour
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos