Beautiful Medieval City of Sibiu was in 2007 European Cultural Capital. Sibiu is one of the most beautiful cities from Romania. Large and Small Squares, Bridge of Lies, Evangelical, Catholic and Orthodox Churches, Council Tower and so many more sites will be on your itinerary. You will travel via the amazing Transfagarasan Road cutting through the Carpathian Mountains on this 2-day private guided tour.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 2 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- One night accommodation
- Professional driver/guide
- Private tour
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Muzeul Astra
- Minibar at the Hotels
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick up from customer location
- Otopeni Intl Airport, Bucharest Romania
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 28537P14
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Minimum 2 people required per booking
- Drive to Bucharest from Sibiu via Transfagarasan Road only between July 1st and October 31st
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Which attractions will I visit with Discover Sibiu - 2 Days Private Tour from Bucharest?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Discover Sibiu - 2 Days Private Tour from Bucharest on Tripadvisor
- How much is Discover Sibiu - 2 Days Private Tour from Bucharest?
- Discover Sibiu - 2 Days Private Tour from Bucharest price starts from $305.79. Discover and book Discover Sibiu - 2 Days Private Tour from Bucharest on Tripadvisor
- What is the Discover Sibiu - 2 Days Private Tour from Bucharest cancellation policy?
- Discover Sibiu - 2 Days Private Tour from Bucharest cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Discover and book Discover Sibiu - 2 Days Private Tour from Bucharest on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Discover Sibiu - 2 Days Private Tour from Bucharest?
- Discover Sibiu - 2 Days Private Tour from Bucharest is hosted by Touring Romania. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Touring Romania on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Discover Sibiu - 2 Days Private Tour from Bucharest on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 28537P14
Reserve your spot
Start our adventure to...
Back to Bucharest
About the operator
#1 of 164 Outdoor Activities in Bucharest
- jacjau00Discover Transylvania and Central EuropeDiscover Transylvania and Central Europe: Bucharest > Sibiu > Cluj > Oradea > Budapest > Vienna > Cesky Krumlov > Prague - 14 Days. My parents are seniors over 75 years old and my sister and I wanted the convenience of a private tour. We are so glad to find George at Touring Romania! George was helpful and worked with us to put our 14-day itinerary together. George is knowledgeable, accommodating, and caring. It rained on the day we were supposed to do a walking tour in Budapest and he worked with the local tour guide to customize it as a driving tour instead! He also has a network and worked with experienced local tour guides, in Budapest, Vienna, and Prague, which we liked to get local perspectives from. We learned a lot about history, culture, and immersed ourselves in the beautiful villages, towns, and cities. We had a wonderful experience and I couldn’t recommend George highly enough.
- Vyvyan S00Romania break with the familyHad the most amazing time in Romania. George is the absolute perfect host. He drove us around Romania showing the sights & delights of this beautiful country. He tailor-made our break to fit all our needs. Would definitely recommend & will definitely return :D
- X8234NKpaulw00Hidden Gem!My husband and I went on an adventure with George on the Best of Romania: 8 day Transylvania and Maramures tour. We had a great time! We really didn’t know much about Romania but with this tour we learned so much about the country’s history and culture. Maramures is like a journey back in time. We had home cooked meals, fire water (ha, ha) and a hike to Rooster’s Crest. Peles Palace and the Turda Salt Mine were also highlights. The countryside and villages are beautiful! George is a fantastic tour guide! Very knowledgeable and passionate. Romania is a hidden gem not yet overrun with tourists that deserves more attention. If you’re thinking about going just do it!
- SalveAmici00Seeing a beautiful country with a splendid guide.It's important to understand that George is both the owner and sole employee of his company, TouringRomania. So there's no doubt that your guide to the country will be a lively, knowledgable, thoughtful, effective companion. George is a fantastic multitasker, who can drive safely and carefully while narrating complex historical and cultural terrain. He's great at tailoring a tour of whatever length to one's particular interests. He's flexible and talented at ferreting out great places to stay, dine, visit, and shop. He knows how to pace things just right, and he's friendly without being intrusive. We learned more about Romania than we've ever learned about any other country from any other guide (and we've been to over 40 countries). If I wasn't 86, with a lot of other places to go, I'd go back to Romania and George in a heartbeat, to see the beautiful regions of this fascinating country that we had to forego. Catch him if you can!
- martwong14800Fantastic 8 days in RomaniaIt was a fantastic 8 days in Romania , especially with our experienced, knowledgeable and attentive guide George . Well tailored tour and unique accommodations. Good job George ! Not forgetting our driver Valie who is a great & safe driver throughout the 8 days .
- 564jasl00Touring Romania Experience.Enjoyed and Enriched in knowledge of Romania's history, its beauty and its resilience as a country. George's explanation is clear and systematic and take makes a big difference to our understanding. George is thoughtful to the preference of his clients and has good sense of humor.
- 26TW260100Memorable tour of RomaniaThoroughly enjoyed my trip to Romania in September. Went on this tour for 8 days with my Singaporean friends. The places of interests are great with rich history and culture. Loved the trip to Brasov, Maramures, Sibiu and of course Bucharest. Our guide George was excellent in showing us Romania. He was patient, attentive, knowledgeable and service oriented in every sense. There was one occasion in Sighisoara where I left my souvenir which I bought in the old town square after taking photos and completely forgotten about it. When we returned to the hotel after the walk, and realising my mistake, George without hesitation when back to the old town square to retrieve my souvenir. Thank God he managed to get it back for me…:)) It was a blessing to have a great guide like George who is responsible and caring in conducting the tour.
- Adventure1124769089700Memorable and fantastic Romania holiday!We had a wonderful 8 days holiday in Romania. Always wanted to visit this country and finally done it! A group of friends joined me in this holiday. George was excellent! From the beginning of planning the trip with George it was easy. He always responded quickly and understood our needs. Never seen a guide so enthusiastic and energetic as we chatted before we arrived. Attentive all the way to the end of our holiday! Maramures, Sibiu and Transfagarasan are my favourites! Not forgetting Bran Castle the stories behind it. There are other parts of Romania to visit like the Danube delta…if I had more time. Highly recommend to visit Romania and look for George if your need an experienced guide with passion.
- Resort3907279557400Fab three days experience in RomaniaGeorge was very professional, friendly, and extremely passionate about his native country. Every aspect of our three days with George was efficient and well organised. His passion for his country made for an altogether richer experience whilst travelling in Romania. I would highly recommend George as a guide.
- DavidKaren2300Fantastic Three Day Trip to TransylvaniaAfter 2 day’s experiencing Bucharest as a group (seven people), visiting the Palace of the Parliament as well as several bars and restaurants in the Lipscani district we we ready for a wider Romanian experience. Thankfully we were so fortunate to make arrangements with Touring Romania and George as our driver & guide. We were picked up promptly at our hotel and George provided us with a fantastic three day trip covering breathtaking scenery and amazing castles & villages. First stop was Peles Castle and then onto Bran castle. Both fantastic in their own way. With George doing the driving, booking tickets, providing information and guidance it really was effortless and informative. First night accommodation was Bella Muzica in central Brasov. Excellent hotel and a beautiful medieval town in which to spend the evening. Next day was a Sighișoara a wonderful fortified medieval citadel village. Followed by an afternoon exploring and staying at the village of Viscari. Here we had the best meal of our stay in Romania with a locally produced three course dinner which was sublime. The last day saw a very worthwhile visit to the ‘Libearty’ bear sanctuary. This was recommended by George as an option for us on our return to the airport and he was so right. The visit was both heart breaking and uplifting. An amazing place and the rescue work done by the people there is incredible. A final meal in a restaurant with a wonderful woodland setting and George got us back to the airport in plenty of time. This tour was an incredible experience and George struck the right balance for us between historic sights together with insightful information and allowing us to relax / enjoy restaurants. At all times leading up to the tour, communication was prompt and effective. Details and itinerary all discussed and included prior to arrival in Romania. Recommendations for restaurants were provided and George even reserved a slot for our visit to the Palace of the Parliament which we were finding perplexing. Would absolutely recommend for anyone wanting to experience Romania 🇷🇴.
- davidvZ4094GW00Unforgettable experience / Very highly recommendedWe had the benefit of George as our guide for the second week of a wider 2-week trip around Romania. Essentially, George’s part of our trip covered Maramures and the Danube Delta (opposite ends of the country). George was incredibly personable, attentive and his attention to detail was without match. Moreover he was incredibly knowledgeable about a vast variety of subjects Romanian, whether it be Mamarures and Delta specific, or much wider related topics such as geography, religion, cuisine and history – all subjects about which he was quite rightly incredibly passionate. Under his guidance, our trip was greatly enhanced. It really was a quite unforgettable experience and we would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him to anyone that has a similar passion for exploring such a beautiful country that has a likewise very rich heritage.
- VickiA_198000Unforgettable holiday that we will talk about for yearsMy husband left a more comprehensive review below (we're the family travelling with triplets...), but I felt remiss in not providing a few words of my own to show our appreciation of what an amazing time we had in Romania. We have been home now over a month, and we still talk about how incredible it was. This country, and George's tour of it, exceeded expectations every single day. We: - Explored Transylvanian castles in Bran (think Vlad the Impaler) - Stayed in a 200yr old house in the Saxon village of Viscri (next to the one owned by King Charles III), where we literally watched the cows come home - Spent 3 amazing days in the Maramureș village of Breb, where we milked sheep, went horse riding, made traditional hay stacks and learnt how to make Romanian cabbage rolls by a local granny. She also fed us the best homemade donuts of our lives! - Stayed in beautiful towns throughout the country, and had picnics in fields of wildflowers - And finally drove on the Transfăgărășan Road, where the views were only topped by the wild Mama Bear we saw with her triplets cubs! (She looked as exhausted as I would have expected her to be…) 🐻 Thank you Romania, and more importantly George - we spent 10 incredible days in your amazing country and we can't thank you enough. This holiday is definitely up there with the best of them!
- eylull_yuksell0400Best Address for RomaniaAt first I was a bit worried about this tour because I had no idea about Romania.But thanks to George we had a great trip.There is only one thing you need to know about Romania: George's phone number.How can a guide be so polite, fun, funny, witty,helpful,problem solver and knowledgeable! He is so intelligent and perceptive that he finds the solution before you even tell him your problem. Get ready for a fun, cultural and energetic trip! When we first found him, we were sceptical when everyone gave him 5 points, but all the comments were right! Now we have a friend in Romania and he has a friend in Turkey! I'm glad we chose George!!!
- anthonylW7950WQ00Comprehensive introductory tour of Romania.A great introduction and overview of Romania from the Danube delta to the old mountainous regions of the north . This was a private tour arranged for us so will have differed from the standard tour as we wanted to visit wineries as well. Excellent, very hard working and very knowledgeable guide (George Trandir the owner). Excellent English. Comprehensive knowledge of Romanian history.
- Vasszaytsev00Great Romania - Great GuideWe did a 9-night private tour of Romania with George, taking in the sights of Transylvania and Maramures in June 2023. We booked in February and from the first virtual meeting we knew we were in safe hands with George, but through the tour both Romania and George exceeded expectations (hey he even had to deal with 10-year old triplets and still managed to smile by the end of it so full marks there!). We wanted to see rural Romania at its best, and from the pick up at the airport and the journeys in the comfortable new van (immaculate, full seatbelts and plenty of space) everything seemed effortless. Staring out of the window at the bucolic scenery, peppering George with questions on Romanian history whilst stopping off for on-demand toilet breaks 12 minutes apart became the norm, and George’s love and knowledge on Romania shined each and every time. We started off in Brasov straight from the airport, and from there moved to Viscri, Cluj, Breb and then Sibiu before heading back to Bucharest - the pace was perfect and there was always the right amount of time to spend to ourselves so the tour never felt pressed, and I’m sure George was glad for the break from us too! There were too many highlights to name individually, but Maramures was beautiful. We spent 3 nights marvelling at how 3 iPad addicted children milked sheep, smashed back pork fat skewered over an open fire, rode horses, ate their own body weight in meat and cheese (go on a diet before and after Romania), helped make haystacks (and actually helped) and climbed trees to steal cherries off the branches as I drank beer and ate more meat. It was the best cold turkey therapy and they were weened off the demonic apple devices in about 16 minutes. They are now really good at making animal noises and I’m sure they will miss the cockerels, hissing geese and old women making home made donuts for them but they’ll have to either get busy in the kitchen themselves or stick with Krispy kreme as I am now willingly 15 KG heavier than when I arrived. We had conceptions of spending a single night in Breb but George persuaded us to stay longer during the booking process and it was totally the right call. It was incredible. The other highlight for me amongst an impossible array of choices was the Transfăgărășan road, which at every turn had the most incredible scenery, and 10 wild bears to gawp at which was an unexpected treat. The accommodation that George booked was always on point, and there are separate reviews of these coming up. Can’t recommend George highly enough, we left all of the arrangements to him and had an incredible time.
Buy it with
Discover Sibiu - 2 Days Private Tour from Bucharest provided by Touring Romania
Product Overview: Discover Sibiu - 2 Days Private Tour from Bucharest
Number of Photos