Start the day with a visit to Curchi Monastery, a real pearl of our religious life. Here you'll see several churches, and among them - the "Virgin's Assumption" Cathedral, built by the drawings of genius architect Bartolomeo Rastrelli. Next stop to the Museum of Handicrafts and National Carpets, which by the way is protected by UNESCO. In the museum, we will see the process of carpet weaving using the old traditional ways. Further drive to the Old Orhei reserve, where you will have the possibility to experience the real village life of Moldova and also photo shooting local people. Don't miss the opportunity to arrange a lunch with a local family in Trebujeni village. In the afternoon we will visit the Open Air Museum Complex, which is "arguably Moldova's most fantastic sight". Here you'll see an Orthodox cave monastery called "St. Maria Dormata" expanded and modified inside the cliffs by the monks over the centuries!
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Guiding Services, Private Transportation, Admission Tickets
- Personal Expenses, Souvenirs, Food, Drinks, Snacks
- Departure details
- Chişinău, Moldova Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 159079P8
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 159079P8
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor.Explore other options
- You'll start atChişinăuChişinău, MoldovaRail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/BuildingSee address & details
- Pass byOld Orhei
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in May 2019
#9 of 43 Food & Drink in Chisinau
- Q9456QUcarolb00Brilliant holiday at very low costVisits to vinyards. You can get to them by taxi or by local minibuses (marshrutki) from the bus station....book crikova tours in advance to avoid disappointment. Food is good in Chisinau restaurants. ..in churches people are very pious and not welcoming towards casual tourists....
- Irina5Barcelona00The trips organized in the most professional Ways!The company I work for hires Ways.md every time we want to organize a trip. We had multiple trips: Transnistria Trip (a country that doesn't exist), Gagauzia Trip/South of Moldova (including the only colhoz still acting in Moldova), Iasi trip (Romania), Chisinau City one day walking tour, and these trips were at the highest level. As their customer you won't have to worry about anything. They provide absolutely everything: transportation, reservation, tour guide, lunches, overnight staying. They will pick you up from the hotel and will bring you back with a lot of positive impressions and emotions. They are flexible to your request, if you want a personalized trip, they will adjust it to your interests and budget. Their tour guides speak very good English, Romanian, Russian and other. The transportation they provide for the trips are always clean modern and comfortable. Everything according to the number of guests. Without doubts I recommend this company if you intend to visit Moldova or Romania.
- Yuriy B00Thank you Victoria and Razvan!Its always a pleasure for me to be on tours organized by Razvan and Victoria. Now its more then tour for me, they become my friends! Always happy to see you! Yuriy
- anamariac13700Tremendous Country. Unforgettable experienceI really want to thank Victoria for being the most amazing guide and introducing me to her tremendous country. What a privilege it has been to travel back in time and catch the enduring presence of Moldovans through the centuries. I couldn’t imagine being transported through song and hear the love of family, hope & blessings being passed on. Family, food, friendship, sharing of thoughts and ideas connect us in real time and across time as well. Victoria's ability to be flexible and accommodating is beyond the norm! I totally loved the book she helped create and will use it to dig deeper and continue to learn more about this country. The cooking, clothing weaving, embroidery, people have captured a part of my heart. The pictures we’ve taken will remind us of our time together for a lifetime & these stories you have shared will be retold and shared with many many others.
- danielmU8163XR00A unique experienceI took a customized tour in Moldova this year on march and it was a great experience with Ways Travel. This was my first time with a personal guide because of the language of the region but i can say that with Viorica i learn a lot of history, well explain all the spots we visited, she makes a great effort and propose places to fulfill my expectations for the trip, i really enjoy every place we went, well organized and everything on time. A professional guide i really recommend for those who wants a deep knowledge of places.
- Travelman08400Moldova - a hidden gemI actually undertook this week long trip to Moldova in May of 2018.The company I had booked through contracted with Ways travel to deliver all services on the ground in country, including creating the itinerary, transportation etc. Within the constraints of 7 days it was a comprehensive and excellent itinerary providing an invaluable and thought provoking introduction to a little known country with a rich culture, complex, at times dark history, but a warm and welcoming people. Although advertised as a group tour there was just two of us and so we had the personal services of Victoria as a guide, chauffeur, teacher and all round factotum. She is the consummate guide, friendly, knowledgeable, a multi linguist and with good interpersonal and organisational skills. Every day brought new insights and fascinating and enjoyable experiences, too many to list. Highlights were undoubtedly sampling traditional foods and world class wines, including a tour of the Cricova vast underground wine cellars, visiting the autonomous region of Gaugazia and being present on 9 May for the Victory Day parade and celebrations in the breakaway province of communistTransnistria. Moldova has few visitors but it is a country that deserves and demands more, especially if, as a traveller, you are looking for something different. Visit before the tourists and Ways Travel will be your ideal partner.
- PassionateTravelerx200Wonderful ExperienceThis is just a brief note to let everyone know how much my husband and I enjoyed our 5-day trip through Moldova last July with Victoria as our tour guide. The trip was a wonderful experience - thanks largely to Victoria's meticulous planning, organization, and creativity. We have been on many tours in the past, but this one was by far the most delightful and educational. We will remember it for a long time to come. Victoria is a consummate professional and deserves to be recognized as such. I will certainly recommend Ways Travel services to friends and family.
- 508andreib00GreatWays Travel customized a 6-day roots trip for us. Based on family history, our travels included Ukraine and Moldova. The pre-planning by Ways Travel was remarkably comprehensive with ongoing communication and research before we even stepped off the plane in Kiev. The various guides were fully prepared to help us explore our family history. Among other things, they had pre-arranged for meaningful meetings with local residents knowledgeable in the history of their region. Our guides and the company owner were attentive to every detail from the sites and villages, to food, to accommodations, to visits, to music. Further, they were caring, flexible and fun traveling companions, all of which made for a most memorable life experience.
- HAS6600Fascinating and unforgettableFor the past 6 years I have been a patron and my annual trip has been organized for me by this agency with great panache and knowhow. Tailored to fit in with certain interests and always hugely rewarding.
- chrisboiling00A wonderful eye-opener to the people and cultureThis tour was a real eye-opener to a region with a rich culture and wonderful people. Plus there was plenty of great food and wine. Moldova, in particular, was a wonderful surprise - it's a country with fantastic underrated wines and wine destinations (the world's largest cellars, for example). Transnistria is a must - a totally surreal experience, like stepping back in time. The tour was well organised by people with great contacts at the wineries, monasteries, restaurants and hotels. Thoroughly recommended.
- 319andersn00Having visited 76 countries, Transnistria tops my list of interesting placesLooking for places beyond 'ordinary'? Contact Ways in Chisinau as they represent some of the most extraordinary places on Earth. Experience underground wine cities, a cave monastery and a country you never heard of - a Sovjet time pocket beyond belief. Talk to Victoria at Ways - a small but very professional tour company of which you can truly say that 'you arrive as a guest and leave as a friend'. I worked with Ways several times and enjoyed some of my best experiences ever! International travel journalist through 30 years
- PaoloAV00Romanian experience at its bestThanks to Ways I was able to experience the beauty of Romania, Transylvania and Oltenia, great service and friendly staff. I enjoyed every single moment! I will be back to the region and surely will use Ways again.
- abcdeedcbabcdef00great wines, great food, wonderful peoplespent over a week in Moldova, going many places throughout the country with this operator visited other countries with them as well, Romania, Ukraine, Slovakia and Hungary all private trips tailored to our interests enjoyed every one of them, personal attention always have other plans to travel with them again
- abcdeedcbabcdef00great tour of wineryI read about this place in travel articles, but the actual place is unbelievable they use electric cars to get around, it is so huge not only do they have their own wines stored, but they house collections of many famous people quite amazing
- abcdeedcbabcdef00just like old USSRstatues of Lenin in major squares meeting with Kolkhoz members performance by choir of old male and female soldiers in uniforms own money, border posts a great step back into living history
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
No results found. Try removing a filter, changing your search, or clear all to read reviews.