Time Capsule Tour: Neanderthal Museum, Medieval Castle and Tito's birthplace
By Mapping Croatia
This private day trip from Zagreb will take you on a journey through history - from Neanderthal period through dark middle ages, lives of Croatian noble families, to the period of Yugoslavia and marshal Tito. In Krapina you will visit museum located on the largest excavation site of Neanderthal fossils in the world. In the most famous Croatian castle Trakošćan you will enjoy a fairy tale experience complemented with beautiful architecture and interesting legends. You will explore traditional housing and farm facilities from the late 19th century in the biggest open-space ethnographic museum in Croatia. Finally you will get a glance into history of Yugoslavia in the birth house of Josip Broz Tito. This private day trip from Zagreb is ideal for anyone interested in history, tradition and children will absolutely love it. During the entire trip you will be accompanied by your private English speaking guide and our customer support will be at your disposal prior and during the trip.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private experienced English speaking guide
- Entrance Fee for Krapina Neanderthal Museum (please note that museum is closed on Mondays)
- Entrance Fee for Trakoscan Castle
- Entrance Fee for House of Marshal Tito and Old Village Museum
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation in Zagreb
- Entry/Admission - Krapina Neanderthal Museum
- Entry/Admission - Trakoscan Castle (Dvor Trakoscan)
- Entry/Admission - Staro selo museum
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up from any hotel or private accommodation in Zagreb. Please let us know what time would you like to start the trip (recommended time: 8 AM)
- Pleso Airport, Zagreb Croatia
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 172570P6
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Time Capsule Tour: Neanderthal Museum, Medieval Castle and Tito's birthplace?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Time Capsule Tour: Neanderthal Museum, Medieval Castle and Tito's birthplace on Tripadvisor
- How much is Time Capsule Tour: Neanderthal Museum, Medieval Castle and Tito's birthplace?
- Time Capsule Tour: Neanderthal Museum, Medieval Castle and Tito's birthplace price starts from $172.91. Discover and book Time Capsule Tour: Neanderthal Museum, Medieval Castle and Tito's birthplace on Tripadvisor
- What is the Time Capsule Tour: Neanderthal Museum, Medieval Castle and Tito's birthplace cancellation policy?
- Time Capsule Tour: Neanderthal Museum, Medieval Castle and Tito's birthplace cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Time Capsule Tour: Neanderthal Museum, Medieval Castle and Tito's birthplace on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Time Capsule Tour: Neanderthal Museum, Medieval Castle and Tito's birthplace?
- Time Capsule Tour: Neanderthal Museum, Medieval Castle and Tito's birthplace is hosted by Mapping Croatia. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Mapping Croatia on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Time Capsule Tour: Neanderthal Museum, Medieval Castle and Tito's birthplace on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 172570P6
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- Pass byZagreb 360
- 1Krapina Neanderthal MuseumStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Trakoscan Castle (Dvor Trakoscan)Stop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Staro selo museumStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Attentive and Knowledgeable
Tom shared great history about regions we visited and was attentive to our travel needs. We are not interested in j…
Mapping Croatia and Tom are fantastic! Tom helped us navigate the Croatian culture and a multi day kayaking trip th…
Lovely lakes Lovely guide
Tom was incredible in Plitvice. The walking was tough on my disabled grandmother but he made sure she pulled throug…
Fairy castles, Fairy dreams
Thom was amazing and a great tour guide. He educated us on the history of Croatia on the way to the fairy castles a…
Thom was an incredible tour guide throughout the entire trip. My grandmother is disabled and uses two canes to walk…
Great day trip
This was terrific! Tom (Tomislav) was a genial host, and a quite expert driver to boot. (Some of those roads we w…
Discover FairyTale Croatia: Castles of Northern Croatia Private Trip from Zagreb
Great private tour! Our guide Tomislav was amazing and had some great conversations with him during the drive to th…
A Three Castle Tour
A wonderful jaunt into history with excellent guide Tomislav. A lot of stairs but worth all efforts.
Pletvice Lakes and Lake Bled / Ljubljana Private Tour
Amazing experience, we did this with large family group and both the Pletvice Lakes and Lake Bled / Ljubljana Priva…
Slovenia and Lakes
Did two full days from Zagreb. 1. Slovenia. Lake Bled, Castle then to Ljubljana. 2. Plystvicka Lakes all day, guide…
Private Plitvice Lakes Tour
Couldn’t recommend this anymore! Firstly, Kristina made organising the tour so simple as we organised last minute o…
Comfortable and Safe
Our party of three had an extremely comfortable and safe road trip with Tom and Kristina in October from Zagreb to …
Great Day of Wine Tasting!
We had a great day of wine tasting at family owned vineyards! Tom was a great guide, friendly and professional. Thi…
A must for wine lovers
Tom was a wonderful guide, who took time to understand what we were looking for and tailored the tour to what we we…
Fun filled - Action packed - Happy memories.!
When a school trip turns into an adventure of a lifetime - with Tomislav as our guide we definitely hit the jackpot…