4 days: Monasteries in Bulgaria
By Bulgarian Fairy Tale
In Bulgaria there are more than 120 monasteries! The interest in them we can explain with their role in the historical and cultural evolution of the Bulgarian nation. They survived the cruelty times of the middle ages and the Ottoman period, the vandalism, the natural disasters. They were the source of light in the dark ages of the people, making literally schools for education, science and religion. Some of them are like open-air museums, still keeping their secrets. Join us to solve some of their mysteries, to see the biggest ones like Rila, Bachkovo, Troyan. Feel the spirit of the orthodox temples and look over the monks and the nuns. See the incredible frescos and icons, made by the different painting schools. Come to understand why these things are little pieces of heaven.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Accommodation in boutique hotels for 3 nights
- Comfortable car
- Private tour
- Enterence fees for the museums
- Entry/Admission - Boyana Church
- Entry/Admission - Rila Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Bachkovo Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Arapovo Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Sokolski Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Tsarevets
- Entry/Admission - Gabrovo
- Entry/Admission - Troyan Monastery
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- All hotels in Sofia and Sofia airport
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 91433P16
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with 4 days: Monasteries in Bulgaria?
- How much is 4 days: Monasteries in Bulgaria?
- 4 days: Monasteries in Bulgaria price starts from $737.36. Discover and book 4 days: Monasteries in Bulgaria on Tripadvisor
- What is the 4 days: Monasteries in Bulgaria cancellation policy?
- 4 days: Monasteries in Bulgaria cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 4 days: Monasteries in Bulgaria on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 4 days: Monasteries in Bulgaria?
- 4 days: Monasteries in Bulgaria is hosted by Bulgarian Fairy Tale. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Bulgarian Fairy Tale on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 4 days: Monasteries in Bulgaria on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 91433P16
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Excellent guide tour to RILA 7 lakes (See above)
I would like to recommend Metodiy Ganchev ("Bulgarian Fairy Tale ") as the best "one day tour" guide I have taken! …
Piaute ATV Trail
The Piaute ATV trail system is the best, very scenic and some very challenging trails. Well marked and maintained t…
Customised hiking tour in Rila and Pirin mountains
If you’ve come this far searching for a reliable tour operator for your trip to Bulgaria then look no further. Bulg…
Trip to little Switzerland
The tour was well organised and the pick up was on time. The guide was very experienced. The guide knew a lot about…
A fabulous experience!
This was a fabulous and unique experience:2-day trip to Sopot, Karlovo, Kalofer, Damascena, The Valley of the Thra…
The view, the guide and the trail were amazing! Would definitely recommend this trail to everyone who asks, myself …
One day trip from Sofia
We had one day trip from Sofia to Stobs pyramids, Rila monaytery and Boyana church. Melo was very good guide. Bulga…
An amazing day out with Meto
Great day thanks to Meto! A professionally organized and fun experience in the beautiful Rila mountain. It was a gr…
The Seven Rila Lakes are just pure beauty.. Metodiy was my guide for 3 days and I was very pleased to have him. Ver…
Best Tour So Far
I went on a 4 day tour with Meto, he is an amazing professional. He knows what he is doing, he know the history beh…
Bulgarian British Agribusiness forum
Company provided perfect organization for all paricipants in the Bulgarian British Agribusiness forum devoted to i…
The best tour
I was on a private hiking tour to Vitosha mountain with Meto. He showed me a lot of amazing views, told me interest…
Got to experience the Bulgarian mountains thanks to their amazing tours! Great organization, interesting stories an…
Amazing fossil hunt day!
I was on a day trip searching for fossils (and collecting them!) with Meto and it was amazing! He took me to a plac…
Unforgettable experience to the Vitosha mountain!
I was on a private hiking tour to the peak Kamen del and the beautiful Boyana waterfall! The guide Meto showed me s…