By Insider City Tours & Excursions
Sarajevo assassination is one of the most remarkable episodes in the city’s and the world’s history. Join us on a tour during which we will unveil reasons for the beginning of WWI, the political climate in Europe and the world before the tragic event that took place on 28th June 1914, which shook the masses and changed the course of the world’s history. Learn more about the Austro-Hungarian influence in Bosnia and Herzegovina and find out what happened with conspirators, the members of Young Bosnia that plotted against Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 1-75, max of 15 per group
Start time: Check availability
German, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Sarajevo
- Hotel Europe Entrance Fee
- Sarajevo National Theatre Entrance Fee
- Entry/Admission - Sarajevo
- Entry/Admission - Sarajevo City Hall
- Departure details
- Sarajevo Insider - City Tours and Excursions, Zelenih beretki 30, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina Zelenih beretki 30
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 21177P10
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Assassination Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:
- Central Post Office
- Sarajevo City Hall
- Bridge Festina Lente
- The Academy of Fine Arts
- Sarajevo Meeting of Culture
- How much is Assassination Tour?
- Assassination Tour price starts from $27.60. Discover and book Assassination Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Assassination Tour cancellation policy?
- Assassination Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Assassination Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Assassination Tour?
- Assassination Tour is hosted by Insider City Tours & Excursions. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Insider City Tours & Excursions on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Assassination Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 21177P10
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atSarajevo Insider - City Tours and ExcursionsZelenih beretki 30, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and HerzegovinaZelenih beretki 30See address & details
- 1Sarajevo Meeting of CultureStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 2Hotel EuropeStop: 15 minutes - Admission excludedSee detailsPass bySarajevo National Theatre
- 3Sarajevo City HallStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 4Sarajevo Museum 1878 – 1918Stop: 15 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass byThe Academy of Fine ArtsBridge Festina LenteCentral Post Office
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Insider City Tours & Excursions
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Joined in August 2011
#2 of 35 Food & Drink in Sarajevo
- paul306800Huge font of knowledge and experienceAbsolutely fantastic. Nermin was a wealth of knowledge, friendly and funny and serious when needed to be, what this guy doesn’t know isn’t worth knowing, second time I’ve done this tour with him….if you want the best tour in Sarajevo. Then choose these guys
- BeemerF65000Insider Tours free walking tour.Just done the hour and half free walking tour from Insider Tours. Our guide was Fariz and he gave us a wonderful insight into the major sights and places in the city. Some lovely anecdotes about the rulers and citizens added an insight into what a wonderful multicultural, multi faith city this is.
- BeemerF65000A 'Must do' tour.A' must do' tour, if you want to gain some understanding of the 1992-1995 siege of Sarajevo. Our guide Nermin was an 18 year old police officer when the war started. His in depth knowledge of the history and personal experience of living through those dreadful times made this tour all the more unique. He is passionate about passing on the details of this war, and the complexities of the nationalist and ethnicity factors behind it. Excellent value tour. Many thanks.
- joshsantafe00Tour Guide reviewI had the pleasure to have a one on one tour with my guide Dorris. She was incredibly knowledgeable in all areas and has a very confident persona. You could tell she had a lot of passion for the history of her home country and it she conveyed that very well through her stories. She does tours in English, Spanish, French and Bosnian. I highly recommend her.
- jsam676700Excellent tour with a fantastic guide!We had the pleasure of experiencing the free walking tour with a phenomenal guide, Doris. Her vast knowledge and enthusiasm for the city’s history was tremendous! Would recommend this to any visitors of beautiful Sarajevo. Thank you again, Doris!
- 709rainel00Beautiful Moster and a Happy Day there!The views are amazing! We took many photos there and the service is 5 stars. A nice day for Mostar!
- alonso e00Very Good GuideBojan was our tour guide and he was very informative, he had excellent knowledge of the city and answered all questions. After the tour he stayed with our group and took us to a nice restaurant and was so friendly, cannot recommend enough i really enjoyed myself and specifically really liked our tour guide :)
- Juggy0100War tunnel tourSafet was our tour guide, he was very knowledgeable and answered all questions from me. Well organised and on time. Highly recommended!
- I2564ZBtomasc00Wonderful insights for a first visit on Bosnia-Hercegovenia5+ towns in Hercegovenia, full day tour, became the best travel excursion of this kind for many years. Last summer and still in most fond memory. Guide Safet Begic personally made this into an informative, varied, pleasant and really outstanding experience. Best possible choices of stops and excellent sense of time there without any stress despite so much packed into the day. Apart from Mostar not so much towns as "places" but lots to see and hear also while going around. 5 out of 5, plus extra stars!
- elifbulutt00Safet is definitely a very good guide!Definitely Safet was a very good and polite guide. He toured not only Mostar, he took us also important places around Mostar. He provided constant information throughout the trip and it was a very fun, friendly trip. When you come to Sarajevo, I definitely recommend you to join tours with Safet. He helps with everything and conveys his knowledge.
- Natalie G00Really good tourAmra (hope I'm spring that right, could be Amara) was really lovely, very friendly and had good knowledge. Even recommended me some traditional dishes that were vegetarian! Would definitely reccommend.
- Elisabetta R00Super interesting and well run tourSuper interesting tour. Extreme punctuality and all very well organised. Highly recommended. Thank you!
- Road78892200See the places of war, guided by a survivor of siegeMy guide suffered personally during siege of Sarajevo. He could tell me about as a victim and witness. I wish we could have seen more. It was highly interesting and I strongly recommend the tour
- Doris91s00Amazing free walking tourBojan was a great tour guide! He told us a lot of interesting facts about the city/country and it's history. He answered all of questions and had a good sense of humour.
- rulitos1400A comprehensive and compelling view of Sarajevo and its recent past.A brilliant, informative and evocative insight into Sarajevo’s recent history. Nermin is a very knowledgeable guide - he helped us understand a complex historical narrative and he offered honest insights into the issues that Bosnia faces today.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Our guide was Dennis, a young Bosnian man with excellent English. He digs into history, starts with the Congress of Berlin (1878) and its aftermath. We often confuse the Congress of Berlin, which divided the Balkan Peninsula, with the Berlin Conference of 1984, which divided Africa --- talking about the importance of the Congress of Berlin at the beginning of the tour was a good refresher in world history. After the tour, Dennis took us to the south side of the river where a mosque and a Franciscan church stand side by side, and the oldest beer brewery right next to it. I had the beer from the same brewery at the airport that afternoon, and my fond memories of Sarajevo was fortified with the tour.
Written October 8, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Hello, first of all thank you very much for the visit and your participation in our tour. Secondly, thank you very much for all nice words for our colleague Denis! Hope to see you again! Kind regards, Insider team
Written October 9, 2022
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.