If you are staying in Tirana you must visit Shengjergji village, a unique landscape. There, you will find everything you want. Our guide will pick you up at the hotel. The road to Shengjergj is about 1 hour. The first stop will be at the waterfall of Shengjergji. To go there we need to hike for 15 minutes. This nature’s little miracle was hidden among mountains for a long time and only the nearby residents and villagers knew its existence. The rock formation around the Waterfall is very interesting with different colorful layers, red color is dominant. It is time to go in the village of Shengjergj where we are going to start our hike to Rabbit’s Lake. The hike will last 2 hours . Surrounded by the pine trees forest and mountaineer view, this lake is really fascinating with its deep green color reflected from the pines. After the visit of the lake it is time to try some local food. In the afternoon we will come back in Tirana.
Duration: 8–9 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Italian
What's not included
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick travelers at their chosen place of staying/hotel/hostel/a departure point in Tirana agreed before the trip.
- Skanderbeg Square, Sheshi Skënderbej, Tiranë, Albania
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 111832P25
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 111832P25
- You'll start atSkanderbeg SquareOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Shengjergji WaterfallStop: 30 minutesShengjergji Waterfall is another treasure of nature in Tirana surroundings. It is situated near the village Shegjin, in Shengjergj district, Tirana. The water to Shengjergji Waterfall comes from Mali me Gropa, and while the water falls down, it creates one of the stream flowing to the river Erzen. The altitudes of the Waterfall is 30 meters high, while it flow in spirals through different funnels which are not visible for the eyes of visitors.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Get Lost In Albania
Joined in December 2018
#15 of 104 Food & Drink in Tirana
- Passport3842519398600Mini - UNESCOSimply put a stay in Albania is not complete without a tour by Leo! I did the 4 day UNESCO tour of the southern half of the country which was extremely interesting and scenic. Leo and I got along very well which has made me determined to return to Albania one day with my fiance and join Leo again if he is still doing his hiking tours! Gezuar! :)
- JoshS34700Fantastic tour guide! I leaned so much!Our tour guide, Leo, was incredible. He was so kind, bright and the upmost professional. He made the entire experience worth every penny! Five stars, Leo!
- AlbaniaNaplesFlorida00Stunningly beautiful!Flori was great driver, very caring and with great sense of humor! We tried “Bujtina.. “ and loved the great food and the warm welcome. The pristine nature in Theth and blue eye was like no other on earth!
- C5578SJalexr00Excellent TourThe tour gave me an insight into Albanian History and culture. The tour guide, Dionis, was excellent and very knowledgeable. I would recommend this tour to anyone who is interested in Albanian Culture.
- 684viktort00Nice 1-day tripwe were picked up from the hotel (in Durres). went to see the ancient city of Apollonia then headed to the national park.
- valencia c00Travel to Albaniathe best experience with my friends was traveling to Albania and getting to explore all the beautiful things this country has. definitely recommended for a group of friends
- Scenic4199784346300The best tour guide!!I normally never write reviews, but this one definitely deserves it - in only a positive way! Hands down, Leo was the best tour guide I’ve ever had. I was the only one for the trip to Theth and was already a bit skeptical about going alone and if it would be awkward, but Leo made sure to make me feel safe and comfortable during the whole time. Not only is he an incredible knowledgeable guide with a good sense of humour, but he’s also a very good photographer. I believe I stopped several times and took photos of every corner, but he was extremely patient and kind and kept asking if I wanted a picture taken. Thank you so much Leo for showing me the beauty of Albania and for giving me a unique, fun and an unforgettable trip!😊
- FrancescaP395400Fantastic day trip in ShkodraI want to thank Leo and Get Lost in Albania for giving me such a wonderful day first in Kruja (castle) and then in Shkodra lake, peacefull place full of beauty with the mountains in the background. I ate the lake fish specialty, don’t miss out such a delicacy ! Leo told me so much about this beautiful country, it’s history and way of living. That will remain a memorable trip.
- FAMcbm00Interesting and eye opening tourMimi was a great guide and driver. Four members of my family were on this tour and we were all fascinated by Bunk’Art. It was sobering to see how the Albanians had to live under their ruthless dictator. I highly recommend this tour.
- Bcieri00Great Intro To AlbaniaThe tour was fascinating! We started with the Square in the center of Tirana where Mimi pointed out the different architecture and used that as an introduction to the history of his country. Then to the art museum where that history was further described and the communist period began to take on life before the bunkers drove the reality home. Great experience - Mimi answered all our questions carefully and completely. We really enjoyed our time with him and highly recommend this tour.
- K3347APmartinm00Great experience, excellent guide, variety of stops, good funGuide Leo was a delightful young man with a great sense of humor that did a fantastic job of guiding me through the various exhibitions, architectures and points of interest, most pertinent to the topic but many that were not. Lots of additional information about life in Albania during the communist era as well as today, and many exhibits did not have English signage so to have it translated was especially useful. I did this on my first day of five in Tirana so have been able to leverage on that experience to make the most of the remaining days. Also a great tip for a restaurant that doesn’t seem to pop up elsewhere. Highly recommend
- Fiona M00Excellent insights into the Communist history of Albania.If you’re interested in history and in particular political history then this is a great tour to do. My tour guide Mimi was a mine of information about Albanian Communist history. We started our tour at the National history museum and in particular he explained the exhibits relating to the Communist era. We walked around Tirana and saw various Communist buildings. We visited the House of Leaves which was the headquarters of the Albanian Secret Service, with exhibitions of all the surveillance equipment and methods used by the Secret Service to spy on Albanian citizens. We visited a really fantastic coffee shop with old Albanian furniture and appliances - the coffee was great too. We also drove outside Tirana and visited Bunker Art, which is a large bunker built by Communist dictator Enver Hoxha to protect himself and government officials and ministers in the event of nuclear or chemical attack. The tour finished with a lovely Albanian lunch in the mountains with a gorgeous view over Tirana and other mountains. Great tour, do it.
- j0hnmuir00An eye opening dayMimi, our guide, met us promptly at our hotel. He was very knowledgeable and well informed. Most of the tour was on foot. Very interesting to see the toppled Stalin statues behind a museum . The bugging systems in the House of Leaves were sad. Such an effort for no purpose. Lunch was in a nice restaurant in Blloku. Tried the Raki! Highlight was Bunkart2. Out of town - a crazy nuclear bunker with a theatre! Recommended.
- sebastianp24300Great tour of TiranaA local Tiranian tour guide walks you to the highlights of Tirana. He provides many interesting insights on the history of Albania and tells you about today's life in Albania. The museum, skenderbeu squere, church ckpoint Charly, the new Bazar and the radio museum were just some of the stops. Great tour and great tips for out remaining time Albania. We would do it again anytime.
- Blestnest00Delightful, personal tour of Tirana, AlbaniaI had a day to spend in Tirana so reached out to Why Albania for the Truest Face of Communism tour. They were willing to take me on this tour, even though I was a solo traveler. Many of the things that we were supposed to do ended up being closed because it was a Monday. If you want to see everything listed, don't book your tour for a Monday. My tour guide for the day was Meunier (please forgive me if I got this name wrong!). He was a wealth of information and very sensitive to do the things I was interested in. Because of closures, we missed out on the National History Museum, BunkArt 1 and the House of Leaves, but we were able to visit the Clocktower in central Tirana and BunkArt 2. We were also able to have a delicious lunch in Blloku and coffee at Kometeti Cafe Museum. I really enjoyed the walking tour of downtown Tirana, as well as the drive out to the BunkArt 1 area. Even though I was disappointed that so many attractions were closed, I still had a wonderful tour and would not hesitate using Why Not Albania again!