By Kelwin Peña Andrade
30 kilometers from the city of Iquitos, traveling along the Amazon River, there is a place where you can live an unparalleled experience and also learn a lot about primates. We are talking about Monkey Island, a refuge that protects 7 species of surviving monkeys from illegal hunters and the deforestation of their habitat. This place gives them a second chance and the goal is that later, when they are already healthy, they can integrate into the jungle. When you get to the island you can play with them, take many photos
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- boat transportation
- Departure details
- Napo 100, Iquitos 16002, Peru Malecon Tarapaca with Napo Street.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 127511P5
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What time does monkey island start?
- monkey island will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book monkey island on Tripadvisor
- How much is monkey island?
- monkey island price starts from $184.62. Discover and book monkey island on Tripadvisor
- What is the monkey island cancellation policy?
- monkey island cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book monkey island on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides monkey island?
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 127511P5
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
More fun than a barrel of monkeys. Couldn’t be more entertaining and a good karma place to donate to. Best way to interact with free range monkeys that I can imagine. Staff is very passionate and well educated on monkey care.
Written February 25, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.