For those who want to experience a true adventure and at the same time learn techniques to survive in the jungle.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Duration: 3 days
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Certificate of Amazon Survival Training.
- English-speaking tour leader.
- Land and river transportation included in the itinerary.
- Mosquito net.
- Native instructor.
- Transfer from Iquitos airport.
- Entry/Admission - Amazon River
- Rubber boots (wellies)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Traveler must send us the folling information: - Arrival information (airline, flight number and arrival hour). - Accommodation in Iquitos (name and address).
- Iquitos, Iquitos, Loreto Region
- C.F. Secada Airport, Iquitos Peru
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8998P9
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Allergies or medical conditions:
- Date of Birth:
- Do you have any experience in survivals, where?
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Flights information (airline, flight number and arrival/departure hours) - This is required in order to pick you up at your arrival:
- INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR EACH TRAVELER AT RESERVATION:
- Important: No suitable for vegetarians. Food and water must be taken from nature.
- Important: We reserves the right to change the activities listed in the itinerary, in case cannot be performed by weather conditions or due to water levels of rivers in different seasons.
- It is suggested to arrive in Iquitos a day before to avoid issues caused by flight delays. Flight out must be taken after 9:30pm or, much better, a day after the program
- Name of your Hotel in Iquitos (if available).
- No special food provided in survival programs (vegetarian, gluten-free, etc)
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Passport number:
- We give financial support for the village.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- How much is 3-Day Amazon Survival Program from Iquitos?
- 3-Day Amazon Survival Program from Iquitos price starts from $917.12. Discover and book 3-Day Amazon Survival Program from Iquitos on Tripadvisor
- What is the 3-Day Amazon Survival Program from Iquitos cancellation policy?
- 3-Day Amazon Survival Program from Iquitos cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book 3-Day Amazon Survival Program from Iquitos on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 3-Day Amazon Survival Program from Iquitos?
- 3-Day Amazon Survival Program from Iquitos is hosted by Amazon Explorer. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Amazon Explorer on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 3-Day Amazon Survival Program from Iquitos on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8998P9
Reserve your spot
Iquitos to Jungle Survival...
Jungle Survival Operation Area
Jungle Survival Operation Area...
About the operator
Joined in February 2015
#10 of 135 Tours & Activities in Iquitos
- A6049XZseanc0015 Day Wildlife Search And Survival.This is the best group out there to truly experience the remote parts of the Amazon. Everything they do is real which was a requirement for me. Many of the other tour company's out there gave me tourist trap vibes. I was a solo traveler who was joining the 15 day wildlife Search and Survival training. There was a group of three people already signed up for the dates I was going, but they all canceled a week before the trip. With only me left on the trip I expected Amazon Explorer to cancel on me like many other tour company's have done when there is only one person booked for a tour. They instead worked out a discounted price which was very reasonable to me. A second traveler was then able to join in at the last minute. The tour was great! I expected that we would be roughing it for 15 days, but Amazon Explorer was still able to make things very comfortable. They were very flexible and always receptive to what me and the other traveler wanted to do. They learned we really wanted to see an Anaconda, and we did find one after some searching. I really only speak English, and they brought an English-Spanish translator for me at no extra cost. Despite our very remote location, there was no time where I ever felt unsafe. At the end of our trip, we got stuck for an extra day in Angamos which is a small town where we would take a little plane back to Iquitos. The weather took a turn for the worst and continued to look terrible. The flights out were constantly canceled. Our guides put a lot of effort into making us comfortable in Angamos while also trying to move mountains and get us on the next available plane. I definitely plan on going on another trip with Amazon Explorer in the future. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an adventure. When I try to explain my trip to coworkers, everyone's reaction is, "How do you even find a trip like this????" Honestly, the only reason I found them was through some hard digging on google. I'm glad I did find them though because there aren't any other tour groups out there like Amazon Explorer.
- alejandraaE8779NB00Definitely definitely recommend!Totally grateful to Hector Vezirian and his Amazon Explorer agency. It was a blessing to find such a professional agency. I went with my friend on a wildlife tracking expedition for 15 days. This trip is not your typical tourist trip and the truth is that I was pleased by the organization and professionalism of the explorer team, led by Hector, who accompanied us on this adventure. They are true wildlife experts; they could see, hear and smell the animals of the jungle, and it was shocking to see how keen they were at pointing out animals hidden in the shrubs or at far distances. We saw many species of monkeys (about 10), alligators, lots of birds, insects, river otter, 2 snakes (one poisonous), frogs, iguana, pink dolphins, two-toed sloth, tarantula, scorpion, ocelot, tapir, and we found many fresh footprints of jaguar (though we didn’t get to see it)! It was wonderful. I am really very grateful to the Amazon Explorer agency, to Hector and to his entire team of native explorers. I RECOMMEND IT!
- talias67400Incredible experience in the unexplored AmazonasMy partner and I traveled through much of the Amazon rainforest in Brazil, Ecuador and Colombia. We contacted Amazon Explorer to make a 30-day expedition to an unexplored place in the Peruvian jungle. Hector, the owner of the agency, attended us with kindness and professionalism found in few, he also promised to guide this expedition for us. This was a special expedition in an area where no tourists go. In my opinion, I have never enjoyed nature and wildlife so much, it was amazing! Given the conditions of this expedition, due to the unexplored terrain and the number of days (30) it was very well organized. We recognize the professionalism and knowledge of the jungle that Hector and Amazon Explorer team have, they were incredible. A great team.
- ramglou00Amazing Trip With Amazon Explorer!We have just returned from an incredible 14 night trip in the Amazon Rain Forest with Amazon Explorer, which has easily been the highlight of an amazing trip to Peru. In the remote locations during our expedition, we saw a wide variety of wildlife, including many birds, monkeys, anaconda, caiman, and even an anteater. Thanks also to the native experts and especially to Hector who could track and find the animals deep in the jungle. The food was always plentiful, with 3 meals each day. They really went the extra mile and took care of our every need. Unforgettable trip - well worth the price!
- C3827GTalexanderg00Amazing experienceThe best company and guides with the greatest knowledge of wildlife, AN INCREDIBLE TRIP! We explore the Amazon jungle for 10 days with Amazon Explorer. We saw a quantity and variety of fauna, thanks to the experience and knowledge of Hector and Dennis. We went to a remote area, where we didn't see any tourists during our entire trip. The organization was excellent, considering the remoteness of the place where we were, the varied and delicious food, and the activities were amazing, both during the day and at night. Thanks to the knowledge of our guides, we were able to see many animals such as the tapir, the peccary and even an ocelot. At night we waited in silence in the clay licks deep in the jungle. We absolutely recommend this company. We wish to return in a few years for an adventure of more days. Thanks to the entire Amazon Explorer team!
- 758cocol00A memorable jungle experience!We went on a 5 day private camping expedition in Pacaya Samaria national reserve. The first night we slept in a cabin in the little jungle village of Buenos Aires, the other three nights we camped in the wildernis. For us, it was an adventurous, fun, safe and authentic Amazon experience!! Our team consisted of our guide Tito, local guide Lorenzo, cook Lourdes and captain Segundo. They were all very lovely and took great care of us. Tito en Lorenzo made sure we saw as many animals as possible. We saw an anteater, many monkeys, dolphins, a sloth, otters, crocodiles and much more. Lourdes’ food was very good and more than enough. Segundo took great care of the boat and for exploring, we took many boat rides on the canoe. We also did some short hikes, but due to the high river season most of the explorations were done by canoe. We went on exploration trips 3-4 times a day depending on whether we had to travel also. The first trip was before breakfast and started early (5:30-6:00), after breakfast followed a jungle trek, after lunch another canoe trip or trek and every night a night trek! The team always asked for our preferences, so the trip will be customised to your wishes and needs. The day after our trip Tito also took us to the Belen market and floating houses in Iquitos to show us around there, which was impressive and a must see to really understand Iquitos. We had a great time and would definitely recommend this trip with Amazon Explorer!
- Claudia V00Adventure of a lifetime - the REAL thing!I spent 40 days in the Jungle on a high risk Expedition with Amazon Explorer. (Hector, Dennis, Armando, George, Armando Jr. and Silvia the cook) The adventure was REAL. This trip was tailor made to my requests. Since I travelled solo, it was very important for me to have a reliable and trustworthy team with me which I found in Amazon Explorer. I was able to count on every member if the team. They went out if their ways to make everything possible for me. I can highly recommend this company in any respect. They are worth their money. They truly value integrity. Very professional and still providing the personal touch. Honestly, I would not do this trip with any other company. Trip of a lifetime!
- J6938PQquentinc00An awesome expedition with honest peopleA friend and myself made a 3-weeks-expedition with Hector, the main guide, and Dennis, a native Matsès that knows a lot about the jungle. The expedition was not one of the existing ones but we designed our adventure together and specific to our needs. Hector is a honest man and he loves what he's doing which makes it very fun and pleasing to travel with him and with Amazon Explorer! The expedition was awesome and exactly how we wanted and Hector helped us even after our adventure to prepare our next expedition. I strongly recommend traveling with them!
- jeanscheurer00« Anaconda Expédition » 20 days,This is my second trip with Amazon Explorer, after "Searching For El Dorado" I lived an incredible 20-day expedition to the Matses Reserve with the natives of Buen Peru village, experts from the Amazon rainforest, welcoming, considerate and very helpful. Not by boat, but in native canoes carved from tree trunks. A trip to the water's edge. After several days of searching, Dennis found the lair of a beautiful anaconda, hidden underground, in the vegetation. A great moment of exaltation to see this big snake waving in front of me. I also sailed on a survival raft made with 3 logs of trees, a great adventure in this impenetrable region of Peru on the border with Brazil. In addition a paradise of birds, fishes, monkeys, ... And to finish an amazing trek, supported of 50 km to join Requena, The organization of the expedition was impeccable, very good logistics for 20 days in complete autonomy, thank you Hector for all these emotions lived. Thanks to the community Matses, Armando, Dennis, Herman, Lidia for their assistance. I can only recommend "Amazon Explorer" to all enthusiasts of expeditions in the Amazon, off the beaten track, real nature in its raw state, the authentic Amazon! In camping, not in lodge Jean (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Timothy A00Amazing 4-day-adventureThis must be the best tour we have ever had! Erman, the local guide, is an amazing guy, always in such a good mood. You just feel that he loves his job as a guide, sharing all his knowledge and showing you a part of this amazing jungle world. He spots animals everywhere where you would otherwise just walk past oblivious to them. He can immitate the sounds of loads of birds and other animals, so we got to see so many different animals that it is impossible to remember them all. We saw caimans, dolphins, otters, monkeys, spiders, sloths and all kinds of insects and got to try some coconut worms freshly picked out of a fruit :P Our tour guide, Rafael, did a great job of translating everything into English for us. He is also a fun guy to be with. They definitely make a good team and if you are thinking about going, we can recommend requesting the two of them. The food was also beautiful. We tried fishing once, which is really not hard in the Amazon, and the cook was so kind to prepare the piranha that we caught so we got to try that too. We loved it so much, would always do it again and can only recommend it to everyone! Us, one being terribly afraid of spiders and the other of being eaten by a crocodile enjoyed it that much that we would never want to have missed out on it. Everyone is really lovely and it was such a great experience!
- MǮath S00Anaconda expeditionWe headed with professional hector to the remote matses national park in the boarder with peru , If you are looking for a real jungle and not touristy one, this is the right place to go to , We were looking for animals all the time in a barely discovered places, fishing, we hunted a bird once, and most importantly WE SAW AN ANACONDA the queen of the jungle , Thanks for hector and the professional team for making this trip happens
- Cecilia d00An unforgettable experienxeThe tour wasn't a tour, it was An amazing experience inside the Amazon. The tour leader Rafael was very kind and friendly all the time and we became very good Friends. the guide Lorenzo is An amazing local guide, he has an eagle eye and can show you animales even when they are so well mimithized. The tour in general is very well organized and you notice is base on the tourist, comfort and in particular the desaire to discover the amazon deeply. My tour was 3 days, I met a community, I camp, i fish, I explore... And thanks Lorenzo we spot anacondas, monkeys, alligators... Incredible ! I wuold do it over again no doubt!
- Rafael C00Marvelous Amazon rainforest!My friends and I were fascinated by the experience we had on this tour we saw many animals, specially a caiman of 3 meters long. my god! We had already visited the jungle of Colombia and Brazil with other operators but this was the best. Very grateful to Hector and the team of amazon explorer always helpful, responsible and the welcome from the airport was Super!
- 435jimmyo00Survival Course JunglePossibly one of THE MOST INCREDIBLE AND POWERFUL EXPERIENCE YOU CAN HAVE IN LIFE. I am already rethinking to go back to the jungle with Amazon Explorer and Jungle Training Center. Not only because of its professionalism worldwide, but also as people. People who love what they do, they live the jungle like nobody else. Also for the service you gave us. Thank you very much to HECTOR, DENNIS and SERGIO for opening my eyes to a new world.
- Guillaume D00Returned for a second trip - it only gets betterI returned for a second trip to the Amazon in November last year. Only this time, Hector and I decided on a 5-week expedition for me to get the best possible experience in the Amazon. I was really happy that Hector, Dennis and Armando, who I met during my first trip, were also part of my second trip as I have the greatest trust in them. But the new members of the expedition, Alberto and Antonio, showed the same level of care and professionalism. The Amazon is a challenging environment, one that I would explore with nobody else other than these guys.
3-Day Amazon Survival Program from Iquitos provided by Amazon Explorer
Product Overview: 3-Day Amazon Survival Program from Iquitos
Number of Photos