Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 4 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Spanish
What's not included
- Private, experienced, english/spanish speaking guide
- Transportation to and from Iquitos Airport/Hotel
- Entry/Admission - Amazon River
- Alchoholic drinks and sodas
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Your private guide will pick you up from Iquitos airport, IQT, if your flight gets in before 2:00pm, or from all hotels in Iquitos by 11:00am.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 108751P8
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Private Amazing Amazon Discovery Tour - 4 Days, Iquitos, Peru?
- Private Amazing Amazon Discovery Tour - 4 Days, Iquitos, Peru price starts from $739.00. Discover and book Private Amazing Amazon Discovery Tour - 4 Days, Iquitos, Peru on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Amazing Amazon Discovery Tour - 4 Days, Iquitos, Peru cancellation policy?
- Private Amazing Amazon Discovery Tour - 4 Days, Iquitos, Peru cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Amazing Amazon Discovery Tour - 4 Days, Iquitos, Peru on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 108751P8
Reserve your spot
Travel to Grand Amazon Lodge.
Morning, afternoon and night...
Morning, afternoon and night...
Morning excursion, visit Nauta...
About the operator
Grand Amazon Lodge and Tours
Joined in November 2018
- Laurenc598900Fantastic Amazon experienceMy partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our 4 nights in the Amazon and the Grand Amazon Lodge exceeded our expectations! With the help of our fantastic guide and tracker, Willy and Tony, we were able to see pretty much every animal we aimed to find. This included 7 species of monkey, sloths, caiman, capybara, river dolphins, turtles, lots of birds, and the highlight of our trip was the giant river otters - we managed to watch a family of 7 for over an hour whilst hiding in the bushes. The trip was easily personalised as Willy and Tony were only allocated to us for the duration of our stay, which was an unexpected bonus for us. We would 100% return!
- E8166BGsimonw00The time of our livesSo we booked the 4 days/3 nights adventure package and right of the get go by getting out of Iquitos were just stunned by the scenery/flora/fauna. My wife didn't even want to leave the lodge and jungle. First and foremost consider that this is in the middle of the jungle so very hot AND humid with no Aircon in the rooms apart from a little fan. If you're not liking this climate you will not necissarily have a great time here. Though I struggled at times with the climate it didn't take away the amazing things we saw and experiencend especially on the boat tours. Our Guide Johnny took it to great extend for us to see as much as possible and even to my request tried to find some Jaguar trails (Spoiler, they're nowhere near here but that's ok). Personal highlight was the piraña fishing. In short if you are in the area or plan to go to here. The lodge supports local communities, has an ethical apporach so no animal exploitations (everything you gonna see is wild) and everyone is just super nice and accomondating. We will be back in the future 100%. Also as a little sitenote. The Yanayacu River has no Mosquitos that carry Malaria, Zika nor Yellowfever.
- ceya4200A Grand Amazon AdventureOur group of eight (56 to 88 yo) spent six nights at the lodge. From the time we were picked up at Iquitos until we were dropped back off, it was a great adventure. Ricardo our guide was amazing. He was friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. Each day we had two to three activities, which were normally going out on the river or jungle looking for animals. We saw lots of different animals (monkeys, caiman, birds, capybaras, frogs, ants, tarantulas and more) but sometimes we did not see our intended animal. But Ricardo made sure it was still a fun and interesting time. We went to two villages to see how they lived and donate goods. Very interesting. The food was basic but good. Normally one main protein (chicken, fish, beef), 4 to 5 other side dishes (vegetables and salads) and a simple dessert often fruit. The staff even cooked up the piranha we caught and we ate them. One day the chef came with us for a cookout in the jungle one of the best things we did since we even got to see the partial solar eclipse happening at the time. George, the general manager and bartender, made sure everything went well at the lodge. He also makes great drinks that taste great in the heat. The rooms are basic but clean. We had no issues with them. There is no AC or hot water at the lodge. But our room came with a small box fan which was great at night. Stay as long as you can. Even after six nights there, I wish we could have had a couple more days. If one is looking for a different type of vacation and an adventure, I cannot recommend the Grand Amazon Lodge enough.
- 326hollyn00A Grand Trip at a Grand Lodge!Great trip! Our group of 8 stayed for a week during the low river season and during one of the worst droughts in history. Despite that our boat handlers worked hard and skillfully to get us around and we saw an abundance of life. Ricardo was a fantastic guide! Having grown up in the rainforest, he had keen eyes for wildlife, was very knowledgable and shared enchanting local stories. He speaks near-perfect English and has a great sense of humor too. The food was abundant and tasty and even the fried piranhas we caught that afternoon (don't worry, there was "real" food too) . George, our host was constantly at-the-ready to help with anything plus makes a very addicting Pisco Sour. Be aware that the Lodge is very pleasant but does not have air conditioning or hot water (yes, electricity and running water) which actually helps make the experience more authentic.
- GlennM36800An Amazonian adventure of a lifetime.I tried really hard to think of how our stay at Grand Amazon Lodge and Tour failed to hit 5 stars. I couldn’t fault it. From the excellence of our own guide (Ricardo) to the attention on all fronts given by the support staff, this trip was exemplary!! The Amazon and flora/fauna is a place that must be visited and a reminder of how important it is that we all play a part to keep this fragile ecosystem from collapse. Well done Patrizia and the team for a truly memorable experience and a reminder of how fascinating a destination Peru is to explore.
- MarcusV201000Once in a lifetime experienceThe location is epic and the tour guides phenomenal. i would highly recommend a stay here. From getting fetched at the airport to beinh dropped off at our hotel after our stay, the lodge always did their best to provide great service
- coolrj200200Relax and enjoy !Our reservation was done correctly. they were very responsive to all our request. The staff team was Awesome. They all friendly and helpful, from Boat man that always smile , and tour guide Wil. The manager and the chef and the cooks were very accommodating. The outing were always fun. We love it.
- KiwiRobDN00Excellent in every way!!I initially chose Grand Amazon after considerable research on lodges in the area. I also visited two other lodges out of Iquitos and have to say that Grand Amazon was the best of the three by a considerable margin. I had communication with staff prior to my booking and was highly impressed with the service. The lodge is reasonable new and in excellent condition with wonderful big open rooms great bathrooms and a hammocks lung balcony at the front with the river view - unbeatable from what I've seen at other lodges. The range of habitats around the lodge means it was much more bird life than anywhere else I visited and more wildlife as well. On a short walk from the lodge I saw 3 species of monkeys within 15 minutes. Food was also excellent and I must commend my guide Willy and the boat driver Tony for the excellent service and commitment to my enjoyment. If you are after a great place to stay in the Iquitos Amazon you won't be disappointed. All other guests I spoke to at the lodge for also of the same opinion. The place is just fantastic!
- michelewP6000OS00Grand Amazon Lodge ReviewMy sister and I stayed at the Grand Amazon Lodge in early September. We absolutely LOVED it! We saw lots of cool things - spiders, snakes, birds etc. We also visited a local village. The best part was swimming in the Amazon river and there were pink dolphins swimming near us. Thank you so much for a great vacation! Our guide (Rinaldo) and our boat driver (Santiago) were the best!!!! The men working at the lodge were also wonderful to us and the food was great!! If you ever get a chance to go the the Amazon River this is the company to do it with. The RIVER is amazing!!
- 434tabeat00A dream came truea dream came true! This lodge is incredibly well situated, very peaceful and beautiful. The rooms are perfect, large and bright. The mosquito net is stretched over the whole room and therefore very safe. The staff is incredibly friendly and takes good care of their guests. The food is very tasty, there was usually a buffet from which we could choose what we liked. We were also able to taste different Peruvian dishes, which was really great. Our guide was very helpful and educated. He personally picked us up and dropped us off at the airport. He has an incredible general knowledge of the Amazon and the animals/plants. So we were able to learn a lot. The programme was very varied and we never got bored. Thank you for everything, we wholeheartedly recommend this lodge!
- agata06200A hidden gemThe Grand Amazon Lodge is beautiful and in a wonderful place. The facilities are much more than what one expects to be in the middle of the jungle, the staff are really friendly, they all wanted to assure that we loved the lodge as much as they do. Rooms are thoroughly insect proof, the entire cabana is netted so you do not have a mosquito net over your bed: very smart! The food is brilliant too. Their highlights are definitely the boat rides. Willy Cisnero, our guide, with his endless experience of the Amazon environment made our stay unforgettable. He is able to see what we would never have seen: birds firstly, a plenty. Then caymans, monkeys, capybaras, sloths, river otters, dolphins and more. We have been very lucky to meet this guy, extremely knowledgeable, attentive and always listened to what we wanted to see and learn. His passion has been one of the axes of our vacation.
- mwilliams32300One with natureThe staff was very nice and the wild life I saw was spectacular! The lodge itself could use some work. There were holes in my cabin that were taped over to keep mosquitos out however the tape started rolling together proving not as effective. The food was buffet style and mediocre. On my last night there was barely enough food for all the guest which happened on a couple of other nights as well. When I commented there was not enough food, my plate was simply picked up. I went to my room and ate snacks. All drinks outside of the treated water are an additional cost. There is no still bottled water. I had to constantly ask.fornsmall towels to be left in my room. The canopy experience is not on-site and you must request to go. Also, its my understanding it's just a platform. My boat driver (local guide) was amazing and also led the jungle walks with my other guide. My guide that was bilingual was ok but for some of the tour I went with another group and he was pretty silent on those trips.
- juangW3381QH00Grand Amazon Lodge is the BEST!Thank you, Grand Amazon, for an unforgettable experience! I was very impressed by your professional and well-organized team. My guide, Willy, has an incredibly deep knowledge of the Amazon River and all of its flora and fauna, and he always had thoughtful responses to my many questions. And his ability to track and spot wildlife was really impressive! Within a few minutes of leaving the lodge on my first day, he spotted a family of pigmy marmoset monkeys which then proceeded to play around us for several minutes. He respects the animals' habitat and need to remain separate from humans, so we always maintained a good distance. Also, each and every one of the support staff was attentive and so kind. Overall, one of the most memorable experiences of my life!
- chloev85300Take the Trip!This was truly a trip of a lifetime for my husband and I! Our tour guide, Willie, was so educated and fun. His passion for the jungle and its wildlife really helped contribute to our excitement and positive experiences. All the staff were extremely professional and pleasant. We enjoyed the structure of each day and ate fantastic meals. We experienced the joy of being adventurous but also of feeling safe throughout our daily excursions. We will remember the lodge and our experiences with gratitude and fondness for the rest of our lives! Thanks for a great time.
- KK6600Trip of a lifetime!We just returned (two adults, one teen) from a 4 night, five day stay at the Amazon Lodge Our guides were Mayk (Mike) and an amazing young man from one of the local communities, Roy We were in expert hands. Mayk (Mike) spoke beautiful English and was our guide from the time we left our hotel, to returning five days later. This trip was a bit out of our comfort zone, which is exactly why we did it. Patrizia was in constant communication from the time we placed our deposit and was so helpful prior to our arrival. Her warmth was even better in person. We stayed at a local hotel (Casa Morey—review forthcoming) in Iquitos for one night, prior to being picked up the following morning for our 90 minute ride to the boat launch. We then rode for about 90 minutes to the lodge, and had opportunity to stop at a roadside stand to pick up necessities/use the restroom, etc. Some things to think about: Staying at a hotel the night before is a real stress reliever and time saver (think of it like staying one night at local hotel before your cruise leaves!) The walk down to the boat launch is long, a bit uneven and has some muddy areas (of course this all depends on dry or wet season, weather, etc) Your guide will help you navigate, but do wear some proper foot wear that keeps your feet dry! Bring snacks or food if you have not had a good breakfast, as it’s probably four to five hours total before you will have lunch at the lodge day 1. The lodge will provide a packing list, but here are a few items you may not have thought about: Mosquito net to cover face, neck and upper back area. Long compression socks to wear under your tall rubber boots (boots provided by lodge) Headlamp (Amazon) A USB rechargeable neck fan (yes, from Amazon—you’ll thank me later!) Your guide is just that—YOUR guide You have three excursions daily (after your 7:30 am breakfast, late afternoon after lunch, and about an hour after dinner) You can tailor your excursion experiences based on what you feel most comfortable doing (more walking/hiking, less, more boat, less, etc) This is what sets this lodge apart from the others. The personalization, warmth, attention to you needs, language, diet, etc. We did some walks through the jungle, and lots of boat excursions , visiting local community, swimming in the Amazon, fishing, night hikes, animal watching, sugar cane factory, etc) Food was awesome. Marco, the chef was amazing, as were all the other kitchen staff! Everything was fresh and delicious. Your bartender, Jorge and host extraordinaire served up fantastic pisco sours late afternoon into the evening You can purchase a bottle of wine, and label it for your personal use during your stay (great idea) The rooms are comfortable with full bathroom (no hot water, but no big deal), potable water, linens, porch with balcony and sitting area The only critique I have is with the fan in our room (small, portable one). It was so clogged with dust that I had to manually clean it for it to work properly. There is no TV in your room, and limited Wifi in the main part of the lodge (which was frankly awesome!) We saw sloths, tortoises, river otters, several species of monkeys, too many bird species to count, anaconda, first lance snake, toucans, macaws, pink dolphins and caught piranha! You will be walking through some uneven terrain, tree roots, etc, when traversing the jungle and river beds up to the jungle, etc The guides are knowledgeable and your safety is always paramount. We never felt in danger or nervous about anything we engaged in Their patience is unsurpassed, and they always want to make your excursions exciting and fun. Don't forget to bring tip money for the hardworking staff, guides, etc. This is a trip of a lifetime, and I cannot recommend the Grand Amazon Lodge enough.
Private Amazing Amazon Discovery Tour - 4 Days, Iquitos, Peru provided by Grand Amazon Lodge and Tours
Product Overview: Private Amazing Amazon Discovery Tour - 4 Days, Iquitos, Peru
Number of Photos