This is the best option to visit Machu Picchu if you do not want to wake up too early. With this option to visit Machu Picchu by train you can depart at 08:30 am from Cusco. You can visit Machu Picchu during the midday and part of the afternoon with no risk to have cloudy weather, that use to happen in the morning specially from December to March.
Lowest price guarantee
Ages 2-90, max of 15 per group
Duration: 13–15 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Spanish
What's not included
- Tourist transportation from your hotel in Cusco to the Ollantaytambo train station
- Round trip train ticket Ollantaytambo / Aguas Calientes town / Ollantaytambo train station
- Round trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu archaeological site - Aguas Calientes
- Entrance ticket to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu
- Professional tour guide to visit the Machu Picchu Sanctuary
- Transport from Ollantaytambo train station to Cusco city
- Tips, snacks, food
- Entrance tickets to the Hot Springs (S/.10.00 per person)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- You can let us know the location of your accomodation
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 73666P28
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- How much is Machu Picchu Tour 01 Day, Departure at 08:30 AM from Cusco?
- Machu Picchu Tour 01 Day, Departure at 08:30 AM from Cusco price starts from $369.24. Discover and book Machu Picchu Tour 01 Day, Departure at 08:30 AM from Cusco on Tripadvisor
- What is the Machu Picchu Tour 01 Day, Departure at 08:30 AM from Cusco cancellation policy?
- Machu Picchu Tour 01 Day, Departure at 08:30 AM from Cusco cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Machu Picchu Tour 01 Day, Departure at 08:30 AM from Cusco on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Machu Picchu Tour 01 Day, Departure at 08:30 AM from Cusco?
- Machu Picchu Tour 01 Day, Departure at 08:30 AM from Cusco is hosted by Liberty Peru Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Liberty Peru Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Machu Picchu Tour 01 Day, Departure at 08:30 AM from Cusco on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 73666P28
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Machu PicchuStop: 2 hoursIn the morning 08:30 AM we will pick up you from your hotel in Cusco, to take you to Ollantaytambo train station (car trip of 1 hour and 40 minutes approx.). Once at Ollantaytambo train station, you will board the train to go to the town of Aguas Calientes (train trip of about 2 hours). On the train journey you will enjoy beautiful and charming landscapes with mountains and jungle from southern of Peru (train snacks included). Once you arrive to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town), our staff will be waiting to take you to the bus station, where you will board the bus that makes a zigzag path to the mountain where Machu Picchu is located (bus trip of 30 minutes). Then we will go to the entrance of Machu Picchu, where you must present your tickets and respective identification documents, from this place you will start the guided tour in the citadel of Machu Picchu, visit the main venues of the city with our guide who will give you all the information and history of Machu Picchu for approximately 2 to 3 hours, we will visit the citadel and places such as: the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Royal Rooms, among others, on your way we invite you to open the senses and fill with the great energy that hides this majestic place. At appropiate time you will take the bus from the entrance of Machu Picchu to the town of Aguas Calientes, where you can take your lunch in one of the restaurants of the city (Lunch not included). where you can optionally visit the Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes north of the town. At the appointed time 06:30 PM you will take the train to go back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (train trip of 2 hours appox.), where our staff will be waiting for you with a board with your name to take you to the city of Cusco. Arrival time to Cusco 10:30 PM aproximately.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Liberty Peru Travel
Joined in April 2017
#362 of 2,357 Tours & Activities in Cusco
- 228emj00Excellent groupExtremely timely, organized and responsive. Couldn’t have asked for more. If I return to Cusco, I'll use them again. 10/10 recommend!
- michaelafT1881IT00Great experience!We did all of our tours with Liberty Peru Travel. The organization was very good and the guides and tours excellent. I would definitely recommend them and hope to be able to do the tours with them in the near future.
- T5516NEalexiss00Excellent experienceAmazing experience, the tour and the guide were excellent. They help us with all the information we needed .
- Nomad28702000Cusco TripThis is a superb company to use. They are prompt with morning pickup, the guides are knowledgeable and friendly. The tour bus is confortable with a/c. Meals that were provided were authentic with ample food and food varieties. The tour gives more than enough time at each location. I would definitely recommend them and use them again.
- ciruel00What a great experience for my family!! Thank you Liberty Peru TravelThis trip was wonderful because it was extremely well planned. From beginning to end, every detail was cared for. We were picked up at the door of our Airbnb at the exact agreed time and we were taken to the Poroy station in a comfortable van. The train trip had amazing views and great cart service. At our arrival in Aguas Calientes, our personal bilingual tour guide was waiting for us with a sign to take us on the bus to the Machu Picchu entrance and lead us through out the tour, he was nice, friendly, professional, knowledgeable, super patient, and a great photographer 📸!!! On the way back he also recommended a great restaurant and help us get our passports stamped with the official Machu Picchu stamp. Then he guide us back to the train station, for another lovely train ride in our return. At the final station our transport back home was awaiting us and we were left back at the door of our Airbnb. Liberty Peru Travel arranged every single step for a wonderful experience, and the only thing we had to do was to enjoy beautiful Machu Picchu. Thank you so much Liberty Peru Travel, specially Ruth and Leo.
- AngenaS1002 day 1 night inca trail to machu pichu with NemiasssI had the guided 2 day one night tour of inca trail then Machu Picchu with liberty travels April 2023. It was just me and my tour guide Nemias. And he was amazing! I do walk alot but I've never done this kind of uphill hiking especially with a backpack but I was looking forward to the experience. Nemias was kind, professional, and understanding. As a girl alone I felt guided safely with no concerns. He held my backpack for me when he realized I was struggling for most of the Trail which made a world of a difference. I greatly appreciated that. And his willingness to go slowly and take breaks, enjoy the view, take tons of pictures for me. I greatly appreciated his efforts, professionalism, and kindness. I would recommend him to anyone, no doubts! Also it's a mind-blowing experience and totally worth doing the inca trail. Unforgettable experience for me.
- NewYorker177600Unforgettable Machu Picchu experienceVery professional tour operator and top notch communications. They did an excellent job to ensure an amazing experience for us. They even called the night before the tour to go through trip details and give recommendations about what items and clothing to bring along. I can’t thank them enough and highly recommend booking with them.
- SaraHollan00Machupicchu Hiram BinghamWe couldn’t have picked a better travel agency to help us with our tours while in Cusco. Ruth’s attention was very personalized and was always available for any questions. We did several tours with Liberty Peru Travel, the Hiram Bingham train to Machupicchu being one of them. I really really recommend the private tours, specially for the hikes. The experience on this train was awesome, the service was 100%, you don’t even feel the time you are on it, the cocktails, the live music at the train, the food was delicious and fresh. When we got to Machupicchu there was our guide waiting for us and he was the best part, his name was Richard and was so passionate about all the history of the ruins, the Incas, everything that surrounded Machupicchu, he made the experience even better and so knowledgeable, besides taking the best pictures and videos of us! I’m definitely using LPT for next time since we’d like to do the 4 day hike through the Inca Trail to Machupicchu and would love Richard to guide us. Thank you Ruth and all of your team!
- 316gaurid00Most memorable tripDay 1 was all adrenaline activities. Day2 was serious hikes that ended in hot springs. Day 3 was 4 hours hike, feet started to blister. Day 4 macchu Picchu magical! Did this with teen kids. Loved it!
- cindyaC1186GK00Wonderful service!!I was so impressed with Ruth from liberty travel. She knew we were price sensitive because we were taking our entire family and was able to provide several awesome options. she was very informative and provided a seamless tour for my family. She met us up at the airport and introduced us to our private driver who took us to the train station and waited for us to arrive back after our Machu Picchu tour. The driver was fantastic as was our tour guide. Very well organized!
- LivDaley00EasyI ordered the ticket on line. They asked what time I would be arriving and emailed the ticket with the needed entry time. We met our guide outside the gate morning of and we walked right in.
- ThomasDGer00Packed tour with a bad start, but a good guideHere's a short summary of our tour on August 22nd 2019 (for more details, please read the whole story below): - We were seemingly forgotten on the day of the tour, but thanks to a phone call to Liberty Peru Travel, we were placed on the last two seats of a big bus with approx 40 people. - The tour-bus which we were placed in, was obviously intended to be a Spanish-only tour, as everyone on the bus were native Spanish speakers. - The tour was not operated by Liberty Peru Travel, but by Peruadventuretrek. - Luckily the guide was was very good with English and could make it a good tour for us. - The tour itinerary is very packed, which is why we would rather recommend to spend 1.5 to 2 days for all those activities. Here's the more detailed version: My wife and me booked this tour with Liberty Peru Travel via tripadvisor already months before our trip. As we can only speak a few sentences in Spanish, we booked the tour with an English speaking guide. We got a booking confirmation from tripadvisor, but it was lacking needed information, e.g. pick-up time window. Even after some weeks after booking, we did not get a final confirmation from Liberty Peru Travel. Only after contacting them via mail, they replied to us, that our booking was received and also missing details were provided. Once we were in Cusco we did the tour on August 22nd 2019. The tour should start with a pick-up at our hotel lobby in San Blas. We were in the lobby already 10 minutes before the pick-up time window, which was given to us via mail. About 10 to 15 minutes after the given time window elapsed, we had the hotel's receptionist call Liberty Peru Travel (just to make sure, they don't forget us). On the phone they stated, that someone is on the way and will be there in the next 5 minutes... Again 10 minutes later, a young guy arrived by foot (and a bit out of breath) at our hotel. He then asked us to follow him. We were almost running for a few blocks until the guy catched a taxi for us. Following a 15-20 minute taxi ride, we arrived at a gas station somewhere in Cusco. There we waited for another 10 minutes until a huge bus, which was already full of people arrived. We got the last two seats on the bus, as everyone else seemed to have been picked-up already way before us. The guide on the bus (who was actually from Peruadventuretrek - not from Liberty Peru Travel) asked us, if we booked the tour in Spanish, which we declined, because we wouldn't understand a thing. It turned out, that out of approx. 40 people on the bus everyone were Spanish native speakers except for us. All these circumstances made us quite sure, that we have been forgotten by Liberty Peru Travel and only after our hotel's receptionist called them, we were hastily placed in the last bus which they could find - which was obviously intended to be a Spanish-only tour. During the bus ride to the first stop, the guide emphasized, that the tour will be quite packed, as our one-day-itinerary is usually for 1.5 to 2 days. He then proceeded to give lengthy explanations in Spanish and only short summaries in English. As we wanted to get more information, than just short summaries, I took the guide aside at the first stop of our tour and asked him to give us the same kind of explanations in English, as he's doing in Spanish. Luckily for us, he was very understanding and afterwards gave interesting facts and useful information to us in English throughout the whole day. The tour itself is super interesting, but it is definitely also super packed. It's usually just enough to get a quick overview at each stop, but you don't have the time to go around or take more pictures. Therefore, I would only recommend to do this tour, if there's no way to free up more time in your schedule for the Sacred Valley.
- carlinhabguedes00Amazing experienceLiberty Travel Peru was indicated by a friend who have already used their services. The agency organized all my trip do Cusco, including the airport pick up/drop off, tours, tickets and it was so great cause I didn't have to worry about anything at all. Ruth, the agent that took care of our trip, was always avaiable to respond by email or whatsapp, no matter what time it was or what question we had. She gave us the best options of tours, organizing them considering the altitude high, if we were going to arrive from a previous tour too early or too late and things like that. It was very caring of her. We did the 6 day tour, incluiding - city tour to Cusco, Laguna Humantay, Vale Sagrado/Olamtaytambo, Machu Picchu (by train), Maras/Moray and Rainbow Moutain. For all tours, the drivers would always pick us up at the hotel. Half of them included lunch and breakfast and it was a great relieve. I would totaly recomend Liberty Peru Travel for other travelers.
- Andrea P00Complete rip off : Rainbow Mountain, Inka Jungle Trek and UyuniIf you are interested in throwing some money out the window, then this is the travel agency to go to in Cuzco. Ruth charges between double and 3 times of the local price. She is extremely dishonest and will take advantage of any opportunity to put some extra cash in her pocket. I was doing volunteer work, and my in-country coordinator took me to her, she took advantage of his trust, the fact that I had just arrived and completely ripped me off. When later confronted, instead of trying to find a solution, she first made some extremely poor excuses, and then blocked my number, like a 5 year old would do.. So professionalism isn't her strongest asset. For those of you travelling in Cuzco FYI : Rainbow mountain should not cost 100 soles, but half of it. The Jungle Trek doesn't cost 200 dollars, but 140, and most importantly Uyuni 3 days should not cost 400 dollars, but between 130-180 dollars! So watch out before you purchase!
- lquadros00Highly professionalAfter a lot of research on several companies that does the Short Inca trail I decided to go with "Liberty Peru Travel". The communication with the agency was very responsive right from the start. We had to pay an advance for the trail which I did thru Western Union. I also book the "Cusco city tour", "Sacred valley tour" and the "Maras/Moray salt mines tour". Since we booked several tours from them, the company gave a free transfer from the airport and back. We felt we were totally covered when in Cusco. On the first day itself Ruth met us at our AirBnb and explained everything about all the tours. She also gave us lots of advice on Cusco, the altitude issues, restaurants, tickets etc. She also kindly volunteered to buy the "Tourist ticket" to the all the other Cusco museums/attractions (high reccomended you do this in advance). *** Short Inca trail *** We were a family of 4 with 2 big kids and luckily we were the only ones on the trail. Everything was arranged like clockwork by the Agency. We had a great guide named Amadeo. We were picked us up exactly at 4 AM in the morning, taken to the Ollantaytambo station, where we had a boarded the "Inca Rail" train which took an hour and stopped at KM 104. From there began our long 10 hour plus trek. I have to confess that this is a hard but a trek we highly reccomend. You will see and experience things that are not accessible by the direct bus. All thru our journey we were guided by Amadeo, he patiently walked with us, encouraged us, explained us each and every sight we saw. He was always glad to stop and take pictures for us, he took th best shots. He knew the best locations to shoot pics. He carried the boxed lunch all thru the journey till we had it for lunch. The lunch was simply amazing. It was a grand moment for our family to see Machu Picchu from the Sun Gate. After the trek we were taken to Aqua Calientes, a beautiful town where we were haoused in an incredible hotel called "Inti Punku", which was part of this trail tour was incredible. The next day Amadeo picked us up from the Hotel and took us to Machu Picchu. He spent a lot of time explaining the history and intricacies of the citadel. Amadeo let a very pleasant and lasting impression on us. He is so passionate and knowledgeable about the Inca civilization. Turns out that he is also a writer and his book is going to be published soon. We advise anyone booking this trail to go thru "Liberty Peru Travel", they are professional in every way. *** Cusco city tour *** This was a walking and the bus tour. Our guide was "Miha" who explained us the history of Cusco as well as all the other ruins we toured including Sacsayhuaman. This was done at a steady pace and we really enjoyed it. *** Sacred valley tour *** This was a bus tour where we visited Pisac, Ollantaytambo and Chinchero as part of this full day tour. Here again the guide was super professional. Everything was explained to us well and we were given enough time to go and see by ourselves and take pictures. *** Maras/Moray salt mines *** This was a bus tour where we visited the Maras town, Moray Terraces and Salineras salt mines. The tour guide Edith was very knowledgeable and we were very happy with her tour. In conclusion I highly recommend "Liberty Peru Travel" for your tours, everything is done so professionally and well co-ordinated. Ruth makes herself available for all kinds of questions and advice. She even accompanied us to the airport to say bye to us. She gifted us 2 pretty Cusquena dolls which was a elegant touch and we appreciated it a lot. A big thanks to Ruth for making our Cusco experience such a memorable one.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Jul 2023 • Couples
The tour was great! Everything was well organized, the driver was always punctual and very nice. They explained everything in detail and made sure we have a good time. I would highly recommend this company, very reliable and good quality!
Written July 14, 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Machu Picchu Tour 01 Day, Departure at 08:30 AM from Cusco provided by Liberty Peru Travel
Product Overview: Machu Picchu Tour 01 Day, Departure at 08:30 AM from Cusco
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos